Seahawks @ Packers week 2 SNF (confirmed - schedule is out)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":22rbxq43 said:
hawknation2015":22rbxq43 said:
Here is Carroll's history in road openers (which have been his Achilles' Heel):

at Denver Broncos L 14–31
at San Francisco 49ers L 17–33
at Pittsburgh Steelers L 0–24
at Arizona Cardinals L 16–20
at Carolina Panthers W 12–7 (down 7-3 at the half)
at San Diego Chargers L 21–30
at TBD
at Green Bay Packers

I recall it was the same way for Carroll at SC . . . conference opponents' best opportunity to beat him was in their home opener. Losses to Washington in 2009, Oregon State in 2008 (only loss of that season), narrow victory over Washington in 2007, upset to Cal in 2003, etc.

so you're saying that winning the road opener is our path to the Lombardi?

Perhaps, it's a pretty good early indication of a team's resilience. Carroll did win his first AP National Championship at SC in 2003, despite that early hiccup at Cal in the conference road opener.

Division road openers have also been a challenge for Carroll in the NFL, as he has gone 1-4 in those games:
at St. Louis Rams L 3–20
at San Francisco 49ers L 17–33 (season opener)
at Arizona Cardinals L 16–20 (season opener)
at Arizona Cardinals W 34–22

at St. Louis Rams L 26–28

grizbob

Reaction score
seahawksny":1uyuz777 said:
titan3131":1uyuz777 said:
seahawksny":1uyuz777 said:
RynoHawk":1uyuz777 said:
oh yes please!.... Our Hawks in Fromage land.....no excuses ....smash mouth FOOTBALL!

Dont want to see those guys- GB will be playing with a vengeance after that playoff game

REALLY?

Did they not have a vengeance after the 2012 loss?

What about after we blew them out in last year in the opener in front of the whole NFL?

To quote them, they have traveled to 12th man land so many times now. They are pissed @ us no matter what.

yes they are pissed but it doesnt take a genius to know that neither the "fail mary" as they call it, nor the home opener will ever compare to that NFCCG in the their eyes.

I guarantee if you ask 100 GB fans- ALL will tell you that that game was worst of the three

Just think how pissed they'll be after getting spanked in their house :D

seahawksny

Reaction score
Just think how pissed they'll be after getting spanked in their house :D[/quote]

on national TV- your mouth to G-Ds ears
will piss al Michaels off also Im sure

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
How many more ways can Wilson to find to steal victory from Green Bay?

rideaducati

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":29fyqnjh said:
How many more ways can Wilson to find to steal victory from Green Bay?

Wilson doesn't steal. Green Bay gives games away. Russell just asks nicely.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Eagles/Lions and Cowboys/Panthers the other Thanksgiving games.. so the Seahawks TNF game will not be on Turkey day.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ujcrzu6 said:
Eagles/Lions and Cowboys/Panthers the other Thanksgiving games.. so the Seahawks TNF game will not be on Turkey day.

lame

cowboys/hawks should have been on turkey day

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Could be wrong, but I thought they went to 3 different games on turkeyday???

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2r2529fv said:
Could be wrong, but I thought they went to 3 different games on turkeyday???

There are 3. The other one that is going to be Bears @ Packers and Favres jersey retirement.

Crizilla":2r2529fv said:
Hasselbeck":2r2529fv said:

lame

cowboys/hawks should have been on turkey day

Wasn't going to happen. Dallas is on CBS this year. CBS gets the AFC Away game, unless Fox allows it to be flexed. The Seahawks Cowboys game was never going to be allowed to be flexed over. Cowboys and Panthers is a much more palatable loss for FOX.

seahawksny

Reaction score
if the reports are true and Green Bay is out for week 1. Dallas out for week 1. I also hear Pittsburgh is out for week one as they are playing New England

the Mariners at home that Sunday that would leave us with road games against the three Division teams, Minnesota, Baltimore, or Cincinnati.

now who did we play after the disaster of Superbowl 40 in week 1? they brought us back to the scene of the crime. Detroit. That means bring on Arizona ladies and gentleman the media will have a field day

no leaks, just my gut feeling

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawksny":kogpmvad said:
if the reports are true and Green Bay is out for week 1. Dallas out for week 1. I also hear Pittsburgh is out for week one as they are playing New England

the Mariners at home that Sunday that would leave us with road games against the three Division teams, Minnesota, Baltimore, or Cincinnati.

now who did we play after the disaster of Superbowl 40 in week 1? they brought us back to the scene of the crime. Detroit. That means bring on Arizona ladies and gentleman the media will have a field day

I still want the Whiners in Week One. The NFL should know Week One is about as far as the Whiners will go before their inevitable fall from grace. Some delusional Whiner fans will be fooled into believing they can still be good in the Tomsula Era. It might be the last chance to keep the rivalry alive before reality sinks in. It would also be cool to start the season at the site of Super Bowl 50.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":31plzff5 said:
seahawksny":31plzff5 said:

I still want the Whiners in Week One. The NFL should know Week One is about as far as the Whiners will go before their inevitable fall from grace. Some delusional Whiner fans will be fooled into believing they can still be good in the Tomsula Era. It might be the last chance to keep the rivalry alive before reality sinks in. It would also be cool to start the season at the site of Super Bowl 50.

No matter which team the Seahawks play week one, there will be whiners.

ptisme

Reaction score
Ask Brady how it is coming to Lambeau... Prepare for the beat down in our house!!!!

Polk738

Reaction score
looks like its the Rams for the opener...my favorite

Latest posts