Seahawks offensive line ranked NFL's worst by Pro Football Focus going into 2022

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, we released a pro bowl LT and brought in two new tackles that look like they just might start day 1.

Low knowledge individuals will think we are devoid of OL talent. I don't think we're going to be that bad.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You respond as if you expect both picks to be solid contributors.

In the past 5+ years (and even in our magical 2012+ run) only one in 3 draft picks tend to work out for us.

You really expect BOTH picks to end up as starters?

Unlikely. 1 probably works out, one turns to a bench guy or worse.

Fade

Reaction score
Their interior line is probably worst in the NFL.

Lewis at LG is out of position and was putrid at that spot last year.

They have a backup starting at Center.

RG Jackson is washed or at the very least at the end of being a productive starter.

The Rookie Tackles are talented, but they're rookies.

W

Welshers

Who gives a Shit. Saw this elsewhere but was sure that John would be making it a thread to try to prove something. I guarantee at the end of the year the OL WILL NOT be the worst line in the NFL.
yep that's exaclty why he's make this thread. Still making excuses for Russ after he's gone lol

Boohman14

Reaction score
It's hard to say. Line play on both sides of the ball takes rookies time to learn and become effective. There are occasional rookie linemen that stand out but they are the exception.

From what I've read about cross he's a very quick learner and very intelligent. His coaches say he won't make the same mistake twice and he absorbs coaching better than any player they coached.

Lucas is a stud and played well against very solid college competition.

As a unit I suspect it will take them time to gel, but by the end of the season, barring injury, the line play will likely be solid if not a strength.

toffee

Reaction score
Their interior line is probably worst in the NFL.

Lewis at LG is out of position and was putrid at that spot last year.

They have a backup starting at Center.

RG Jackson is washed or at the very least at the end of being a productive starter.

The Rookie Tackles are talented, but they're rookies.
Phil Haynes and Curhan worked well enough together run blocking wise. I would like this line to start the season:

Cross-Haynes-Blythe-Lewis-Curhan

nanomoz

Reaction score
It might be among the worst for the first few weeks, due to all the new personnel. But it's got a ton of talent. I expect to steadily improve all season.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
From a PC historical standpoint He has had good run blocking olines, however, he has historically had bad pass blocking olines. I suspect that will remain the same.

W

Welshers

Be kind to John63, dot net won't be as fun with him, every village needs one like him.
He has long had me blocked so he can't read anything I say about him. I've never been mean to him either I simply asked if he was on the broncos forum. And he blocked me! Sad!!

toffee

Reaction score
He has long had me blocked so he can't read anything I say about him. I've never been mean to him either I simply asked if he was on the broncos forum. And he blocked me! Sad!!
I like to think that I was among the first to be blocked by our John63, we the blockees consider being blocked an honor :)

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
Seattle's OL has upside and even the reserves I like with upside. They will not be ranked dead last for long because they have a lot of talent that hasn't been tested yet.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Seattle's OL has upside and even the reserves I like with upside. They will not be ranked dead last for long because they have a lot of talent that hasn't been tested yet.
I will believe it when I see it but hope you are right. Let's hope for at least the top 15 in pass blocking that would be nice.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We won't be top 15 in pass blocking. Not even close.

Maybe not dead last either but expecting top 15 is probably expecting too much.