Seahawks Mock Draft . . . thoughts?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Pie Romania":2muv787o said:
I believe I read something a while back where Lane stated he wasn't as comfortable inside as he is outside. Don't recall the source though. If a guy falls into the 3rd round that can be somewhat physical with good cover skills and the Hawks find them there in the 3rd round, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them trade up to get a guy who can man down the nickel position. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are a few late round guys that could be very effective early on with this coaching staff.

Lane has looked great when filling in there. I have heard he just wants on the field and feels good in the slot. Seems our sources contradict.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":26rykiii said:
Just rolling this out there for feedback . . .

5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern . . . played option QB in college, but projects to pro RB with good size and excellent athletic ability. The question is his ability to run between the tackles . . . he just hasn't ever done it! But he shows good physicality and has played nearly every position on both offense and defense.

Not going to start a new thread just to comment on McKinnon. But, the more I take a look at him, the more I like him. He's an explosive athlete that seems to be able to just about do it all. Anyone else think highly of him? Check out what you can find on YouTube. I know RB isn't the Seahawks most pressing need. But, man... I think he could become a special player in the right situation.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Really excellent choices, several of the picks are likely to me as really Seahawky type choices or players with exceptional athletic ability. The only pick I'd possibly change is Matthews, but can see why he'd get picked. Like a few other WRs over him. That said, we'd now only have 6 picks after the Pryor trade, unless JS can create another. For me Brock Coyle is a push with Khari Fortt.

B/c of his agility, and over the top athleticism I could see the team converting McKinnon to playing slot CB. He'd be a lights out PR too. Love the Janis pick too!