Seahawks have contacted Doug Pederson for OC

keasley45

Reaction score
gowazzu02":q2tf59ti said:
keasley45":q2tf59ti said:
gowazzu02":q2tf59ti said:
Pederson won a super bowl with Nick Foles at qb for goodness sakes. He's by far and away our best option. He'll he may still get a head coaching job

It wasn't just Nick Folks. It was a strong defense and a solid running game.

I get a team slipping some, but the eagles have become a dumpster fire.

Yes a good d and running game, sure.. but its not like they were the 2000s ravens or our lob or the 80s bears...he won a super bowl with nick folks. The same guy who got beat out by gardner minshew and mitch trubisky......super bowl win. Witg nick foles.

Can't argue that. Just not a fan of the guy.

Part of it might be the way I feel he's come across in press conferences over the last few years. Something to said about a leader's character when the seat gets hot and things aren't going well.

Particularly toward the end of this season.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I would prefer Pederson to Lynn. I like the idea of Pederson being from the Andy Reid coaching tree. It would breath something new into our offence. I think of 2 things that the Hawks don't try or seem to do well - screen passes and incorporate Tight Ends into the passing game. If we could get some production out of those areas it can slow down the pass rush (screens) and open up more areas for our WR if our TE passing game hurts people.

As bad as the Eagles were this year, maybe Pederson is a better fit as a OC

Just found this article that give more info on the fallout in Phili

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/carson- ... 10116.html

hawk45

Reaction score
Screen passes that aren’t out wide are a risk for being tipped even for tall QBs like tannehill in the wild card round because the D linemen being let through are nearer the QB at the release. For a shorter QB it’s exacerbated. Fans can stop wishing for RB screens. We’ve never called many and we never will.

TEs are effective over the middle and Russ ignored the short hitches this year. The plays were called, and open. If the QB won’t test the window the OC can’t do jack.

I think an OC with some innovation in the passing game is a clash waiting to happen. If there is even a short dip in production, or increase in turnovers, that’s all she wrote. Pete will yank the reins and if the OC pushes back they’re gone:

An OC who is innovative in the rush game is the best fit and chance of success.

keasley45

Reaction score
hawk45":1wlz576i said:
Screen passes that aren’t out wide are a risk for being tipped even for tall QBs like tannehill in the wild card round because the D linemen being let through are nearer the QB at the release. For a shorter QB it’s exacerbated. Fans can stop wishing for RB screens. We’ve never called many and we never will.

TEs are effective over the middle and Russ ignored the short hitches this year. The plays were called, and open. If the QB won’t test the window the OC can’t do jack.

I think an OC with some innovation in the passing game is a clash waiting to happen. If there is even a short dip in production, or increase in turnovers, that’s all she wrote. Pete will yank the reins and if the OC pushes back they’re gone:

An OC who is innovative in the rush game is the best fit and chance of success.

This. I think given two coordinators now who have failed to find a way to tailor an offense to what Russ can/can't do consistently, without having to resort to sandlot ball in the 4th quarter, Pete is going to err on the side of a dynamic run game OC vs dynamic pass game OC. Seems reasonable.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Looks like the dream is nearly dead.

Doug Pederson very unlikely to take a coordinator role despite interest, expected to sit out 2021

The former Eagles coach has no interviews scheduled

By Jason La Canfora

Eagles Super Bowl-winning coach Doug Pederson is unlikely to coach in the NFL in 2021 in any capacity at this point, league sources said. Several teams are interested in Pederson for offensive coordinator positions, but the timing is not right.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/doug ... -out-2021/

Scorpion05

Reaction score
keasley45":1w06jhlm said:
No thanks on Pedersen. He didn't exactly light up the place with the eagles O over the last few years. And Wentz underperformed with him calling plays as well. Wentz does not equal Russ, but their struggles in diagnosing defenses and hitting open receivers are shared. Don't see why we would hire a coach to help get Russ back on track that failed doing exactly that in his previous stint.

You are saying....RW struggled just as much as Wentz? And that their struggles are equal?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":r89ju0df said:
Gio":r89ju0df said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1350430702798573573[/tweet]

Not sure why he would choose to become an OC , when he can find a HC job.m :?:
He’s from this area.
Ferndale up near the border. I have a couple buddy's from there and they never forget to mention it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1gadsqs0 said:
keasley45":1gadsqs0 said:
No thanks on Pedersen. He didn't exactly light up the place with the eagles O over the last few years. And Wentz underperformed with him calling plays as well. Wentz does not equal Russ, but their struggles in diagnosing defenses and hitting open receivers are shared. Don't see why we would hire a coach to help get Russ back on track that failed doing exactly that in his previous stint.

You are saying....RW struggled just as much as Wentz? And that their struggles are equal?
I think he's saying they share the same type of struggles. Wentz just struggles way more and way more often and probably at way more things.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
Pederson would be good and if makes it another 3 years he might inherit the coaching job.

hawk45

Reaction score
Maelstrom and keasley45 deserve recognition as must-read posters on this forum. Those are two posters who, if they blast a post I make, instead of getting defensive I take a good long look at where I went wrong.

But they aren't the blasting type, which is another reason they elevate conversation.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/samuelrgold/status/1348717509755756545[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/1350574307735347200[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1349235358475509760[/tweet]

onepicknick1

Reaction score
IMO Russ needs a QB coach in which Pederson is I think if Russ had someone to Coach him he would go to the next level it wouldn't take much but to identify who's open and who's not reading the D taking what they'll give you as opposed to throwing it 30-40 yds down field incomplete. Russ is amazing he just needs that next level, I didn't realize Bevel was the West Coast philosophy it sure didn't look like Holmgren Offense short passes hiking the ball with 13 sec on the play clock HMMM.

seabowl

Reaction score
Had trouble posting the link but it seems Pederson is a possibility for the OC job. I am definitely in favor of this. Need more leadership on this team.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
I don't think Doug was the problem in Philly. I really liked the fact that he sat his highest paid QB and let the rookie play. If he's from Washington area and fan of Seahawks then he's more than welcome. A huge plus for me as well is that he was the OC of Kansas City under Andy Reid !

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":1cus7b3c said:
Had trouble posting the link but it seems Pederson is a possibility for the OC job. I am definitely in favor of this. Need more leadership on this team.
He would obviously need the stamp of approval by us .NETsters :p

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Jennifer Aniston is on my radar. Just to let everyone know.

I’ll let you all know if I ever end up on her radar.

kf3339

Reaction score
If he gets to bring his own playbook and actually use it? then YES!

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
and now that .... *facepalm* [tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1351262178385534976[/tweet]

Latest posts