Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

kidhawk

Reaction score
SF49r":14m6dixn said:
Has Seattle ever lost a primetime game under Carroll/Wilson? Don't ever recall seeing them lose excluding the playoffs and that game they tied with Arizona.

Not many....they have a great record on MNF (and SNF), but then again, they have a great record at home as well and we see how that's been this season.

SF49r

Reaction score
I would feel a lot better about this game if it was a normal Sunday game but since its on MNF this game scares me more than the Saints in the Superdome at 10 am later in the season.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SF49r":39qe3h7l said:
I would feel a lot better about this game if it was a normal Sunday game but since its on MNF this game scares me more than the Saints in the Superdome at 10 am later in the season.

Be scared ...be very scared.

SF49r

Reaction score
Well I'm scared for every game, I'm just a nervous fan dont mind me. Too much PTSD from the Tomsula and Kelly days

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
SF49r":7bct50sz said:
Has Seattle ever lost a primetime game under Carroll/Wilson? Don't ever recall seeing them lose excluding the playoffs and that game they tied with Arizona.
2015 against Arizona on SNF

2017 against Atlanta on MNF

Both in Seattle.

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
Wilson is the MVP currently (I think McCaffery will win the MVP). He is a Hall of Famer.

That being said, I would project JG will win more Super Bowls than RW when both careers are over. Jimmy has "it" and that's all that is necessary when you have an elite defense and running game. With "it" all he has to do is get clutch 3rd down conversions in the most highly leveraged moments of the game, something he has shown he is adept at. Now he just has to show it in the playoffs when it matters most. If Trent Dilfer can win a SB with an elite defense, JimmyG can and will win at least one. Not sure if it will be this year, but we are positioned well to make a good run at it, esp if we can get home field advantage and not have to go to New Orleans or Green Bay. To do this we must beat the Seahawks Monday night or even the division is wide open with how difficult the schedules get for SF and Seattle and if the Rams regain form.

I thought the Packers were pretenders all season from watching them, and that's how I feel about the Seahawks. The Chargers showed I am right about GB. Can my Niners show I'm right about Seattle Monday night? Can't wait to find out.

I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

The era of JimmyG has begun :p

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":2ib7bkjx said:
Wilson is the MVP currently (I think McCaffery will win the MVP). He is a Hall of Famer.

That being said, I would project JG will win more Super Bowls than RW when both careers are over. Jimmy has "it" and that's all that is necessary when you have an elite defense and running game. With "it" all he has to do is get clutch 3rd down conversions in the most highly leveraged moments of the game, something he has shown he is adept at. Now he just has to show it in the playoffs when it matters most. If Trent Dilfer can win a SB with an elite defense, JimmyG can and will win at least one. Not sure if it will be this year, but we are positioned well to make a good run at it, esp if we can get home field advantage and not have to go to New Orleans or Green Bay. To do this we must beat the Seahawks Monday night or even the division is wide open with how difficult the schedules get for SF and Seattle and if the Rams regain form.

I thought the Packers were pretenders all season from watching them, and that's how I feel about the Seahawks. The Chargers showed I am right about GB. Can my Niners show I'm right about Seattle Monday night? Can't wait to find out.

I will wager RW will not win another SB and Jimmy will get a couple. By the time Seattle rebuilds their defense (if they are able) RW will be well past his prime.

I stopped reading all after you said that GQ will have more Super Bowl wins than Russ.
The only way that happens is if you are already counting the ones where GQ
was holding a clipboard for the Cheatriots, or unless they change the rules and start awarding points for interceptions.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":gfgp3cmp said:

I thought that Vaping was banned in California also, you got a hold of some bad stuff.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Kittle was held out of practice again and is officially doubtful for Monday.

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3s3k5fy1 said:
Ezekiel38":3s3k5fy1 said:

I stopped reading all after you said that GQ will have more Super Bowl wins than Russ.
The only way that happens is if you are already counting the ones where GQ
was holding a clipboard for the Cheatriots, or unless they change the rules and start awarding points for interceptions.

RW has one. That's it so far. It's not out of the realm of possibility that JG gets one in the next few years, with a great shot this year because of Shanahan's O and the defense. Matt Ryan had (I think) 21 TDs 16 INTs in his first season with Shanahan, and won the MVP the next year. There is a lot of speculative future upside for JG in this offense going forward.

We will see.

And no, I do not count anything he won on the Patriots.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
@marvin49

There maybe a reason Wilson is not up there on the list for top 3rd down passing conversion. Could it be that the OL is just crrap and the defense is just keyed on passing during 3rd down opportunities? Perhaps if we had a better OL, Wilson would have some time to convert those 3rd downs. IDK.

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":232ruk4s said:
Kittle was held out of practice again and is officially doubtful for Monday.

Ya tough loss. We need his energy and talents on the field.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Ezekiel38":21qcy2gv said:

I mean, he's due. What with the dynasties other guys like him have had. Nick Foles, for example. Remember when he had that near-perfect season and turned the Eagles' success into a handful of Lombardis? Yeah, me too!

:irishdrinkers:

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1gazwq7s said:
Ezekiel38":1gazwq7s said:

I mean, he's due. What with the dynasties other guys like him have had. Nick Foles, for example. Remember when he had that near-perfect season and turned the Eagles' success into a handful of Lombardis? Yeah, me too!

JimmyG is better than Nick Foles. I do like Nick Foles and he played a great Super Bowl. But no chance in hell I'm trading JG for NF.

You really think IF the Niners won the SB this year, we would not be competing for them year in and year out for a minimum good five year window? Our team and defense is young.

We will see. But for now I'll take one Super Bowl and don't give a damn who is at the helm making it happen.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Bobblehead":kq9cnixo said:
@marvin49

There maybe a reason Wilson is not up there on the list for top 3rd down passing conversion. Could it be that the OL is just crrap and the defense is just keyed on passing during 3rd down opportunities? Perhaps if we had a better OL, Wilson would have some time to convert those 3rd downs. IDK.

Those graphics RE Garoppolo were not intended as "Garoppolo is better than Wilson". They were intended as "Jimmy doesn't suck". LOL. Wilson has nothing to prove.

As for protection....well yeah, but Jimmys been playin with their 4th and 5th string tackles, so its not like his protection has been stellar. The reason he hasn't been sacked a ton is because the entire scheme of the O was predicated on getting the ball out quickly to keep him upright. Its also resulted in a few INTs.

It will be interesting to see how much that gameplan changes with their tackles back and if they'll use alot more longer developing routes.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":32f9hd00 said:
Seahawk Sailor":32f9hd00 said:
Ezekiel38":32f9hd00 said:

JimmyG is better than Nick Foles. I do like Nick Foles and he played a great Super Bowl. But no chance in hell I'm trading JG for NF.

You really think IF the Niners won the SB this year, we would not be competing for them year in and year out for a minimum good five year window? Our team and defense is young.

We will see. But for now I'll take one Super Bowl and don't give a damn who is at the helm making it happen.

Dude....he hasn't even played in a playoff game. SLOW DOWN.