Saints fan here

saintsfannhere

Reaction score
Just wanted to come and say a big congrats on y'all's dominate win over the packers. Felt good seeing Aaron Rodgers get destroyed like that I'm not going to lie. But y'all seem to have picked up exactly where y'all left off last year. Last year y'all destroyed my Saints in the first game but the second game in the playoffs was a damn good game!! I actually think we had double the passing yards, over 100yards rushing , and more first downs then y'all in that game and we still didn't win but came damn close. Then y'all play manning in the superbowl an that was just ugly lol and now y'all dismantle the media darling packers. Hurts to say this but I think road to the Super Bowl goes through the CLINK again but I'm cautiously excited that my saints might Beable to pull it off this year. Again just wanted to say congrats and dot see y'all losing more then like 2 games if any really. Tomorrow well see how the rest of the NFL stacks up.

On a side note: in my 10team ppr fantasy league worth 2000dollara for the winner I picked Percy harvin in the 9th round and Russell Wilson in the 11th round as my starter and everyone laughed at me but now I look like a genius! I like Russell Wilson a lot he reminds me of drew Brees they are such good people hard not to like people like that. Ok guys goodluck the rest of the season and be sure to handle manning again in 2 weeks! Hope to see y'all in the playoffs again!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Glad the Hawks could make your day!

Brees and Wilson are both good men and fantastic QBs. I love how they're crushing the stereotype of the Andrew Luck QB being the only successful mold.

I'm sure we'll see the Saints after the regular season once again.

Go Hawks!

Mick063

Reaction score
saintsfannhere":1l6730e8 said:
Just wanted to come and say a big congrats on y'all's dominate win over the packers. Felt good seeing Aaron Rodgers get destroyed like that I'm not going to lie. But y'all seem to have picked up exactly where y'all left off last year. Last year y'all destroyed my Saints in the first game but the second game in the playoffs was a damn good game!! I actually think we had double the passing yards, over 100yards rushing , and more first downs then y'all in that game and we still didn't win but came damn close. Then y'all play manning in the superbowl an that was just ugly lol and now y'all dismantle the media darling packers. Hurts to say this but I think road to the Super Bowl goes through the CLINK again but I'm cautiously excited that my saints might Beable to pull it off this year. Again just wanted to say congrats and dot see y'all losing more then like 2 games if any really. Tomorrow well see how the rest of the NFL stacks up.

On a side note: in my 10team ppr fantasy league worth 2000dollara for the winner I picked Percy harvin in the 9th round and Russell Wilson in the 11th round as my starter and everyone laughed at me but now I look like a genius! I like Russell Wilson a lot he reminds me of drew Brees they are such good people hard not to like people like that. Ok guys goodluck the rest of the season and be sure to handle manning again in 2 weeks! Hope to see y'all in the playoffs again!

I believe the biggest threat to Seattle home field advantage is in this order:

San Francisco
New Orleans
Philadelphia

Really a tossup between San Francisco and New Orleans. San Francisco is physically tough. A smash mouth team. They play Seattle twice so can potentially put two losses in the column. Playing San Francisco is beyond football. It is a war.

I think New Orleans is slightly better than San Francisco (not last year but this year), has a much improved secondary, and a scary new receiver in Cooks, who will be veteran status by the time Seattle plays the Saints (if they play the Saints). The question is.....can they stop Seattle's run game for four quarters?

Philadelphia offensive potential is off the charts with Darren Sproles, Jordan Mathews, a solid offensive front line, Shady McCoy, and another year of experience for Foles. Plus, Chip Kelley is going to be a force in the NFL. The guy can flat out coach. Regardless, they are far from smash mouth and Seattle typically handles finesse teams.

Yes...it is possible to believe that New Orleans is slightly better, but San Francisco is the bigger threat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1nf9pzdm said:
I really like the Saints. Should be a good showdown in the playoffs!

Me too, easy team to root for.

Like the Hawks, the Saints had many many years of futility before finally breaking through.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
People thinking San Francisco is still a top threat are living in the past. New Orleans in my opinion has the weapons and defense to make things interesting. That being said, their style plays right into our hands.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I think no is our biggest competitors to hfa.

I dont think the playoff game was as close as the score. D shut em out for three qtrs then some fluky plays allowed the saints back in.....the int earl and max ran into each of anyone?

camdawg

Reaction score
Howdy, and thanks for visiting us. The Saints clearly are one of our biggest threats.

The final score of the playoff game was 23-15. So I can totally see Saints fans feeling like it was a close game.

The Seahawk view is that game wasn't really as close as you might think. Rafael Bush needed to cheap shot Harvin out of the game for you guys to not get completely blown out again. Still, you were losing 20-0 deep into the game, right? That's not really a close game. Your comeback made us nervous, no question. But maybe that's the Hawks making mistakes and letting up, as much as it is the Saints playing good ball?

I think a balanced offensive approach is the way to go. But the Saints ran the ball so much, and got no points out of it,.It wasn't any closer to a winning strategy, really, than the pass heavy approach on MNF. The Packers also were run heavy early on against us, and it didn't help them at all.

No question, you have a combination of offense and defense that potentially could beat us.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BlueBlood":12kekz2s said:
People thinking San Francisco is still a top threat are living in the past. New Orleans in my opinion has the weapons and defense to make things interesting. That being said, their style plays right into our hands.

This. NO has a physical defense now, and I like their safety tandem very much. Still a bit weak at CB, but great safeties and QB pressure can make up for that, and you have both of those. I like the Saints and Brees, both likeable teams and player.

Welcome to the board, and don't be a stranger. Good luck this year, you're going to need it (as will we all).

As for who is better between NO and SF, don't they play this year ? If so, we'll find out.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the respect and class. I think the Saints are the most improved team in the NFC and will likely be our biggest obstacle to gaining HFA again. Drew Brees is my favorite QB not named Wilson and I'll be watching NO this season with great interest. Good health to both our teams and hope to see you in the post-season...at the CLINK. :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3qs8b2iw said:
Agreed. It may sound arrogant but I think Seattle is in a league of their own. Then it's Saints, eagles, maybe SC, maybe the pats,maybe the Donks....

BKCW

Reaction score
saintsfannhere":2gvnt1bs said:
On a side note: in my 10team ppr fantasy league worth 2000dollara for the winner I picked Percy harvin in the 9th round

How can I join your league? I have never seen Percy fall lower than the 4th round; unless it was an auction draft where then ADP doesn't matter.

OP
OP
S

saintsfannhere

Reaction score
BKCW":1eiwxs0r said:
saintsfannhere":1eiwxs0r said:
On a side note: in my 10team ppr fantasy league worth 2000dollara for the winner I picked Percy harvin in the 9th round

How can I join your league? I have never seen Percy fall lower than the 4th round; unless it was an auction draft where then ADP doesn't matter.

Lol I know right? But to clarify in our league you can't use internet or magazines. You go there with handwritten notes and what not and a lot f people don't trust him to die to injury. I made out like a bandit :)

But to some who think it may be arrogant to think that y'all's team is in a league of there own don't feel that way because the Seahawks are a top the NFL all by themselves. I even think the superbowl isn't y'all's to win but more so it's y'all's to lose. Exciting time to be a Seahawks fan no doubt. I do think Saints are prolly at the top of the best teams "able" to beat y'all. Who knows maybe if we see eachother enough in the playoffs in the coming years we could be the new colts/pats rivalry for the NFC lol. But everythig aside I like the Seahawks cuz they remind me of my franchise and y'all's fans are awesome, respectfully, and show a lot of pride like ours also. I been reading here for about a year now and I like the atmosphere so ill def pop in from time to time.

Mick063

Reaction score
Gonna have to bookmark this thread to either eat crow or say

told ya so

:)

Mick063

Reaction score
saintsfannhere":3p7wtk0w said:
Mick063":3p7wtk0w said:

told ya so

Why would you have to eat crow buddy?

I see far too many people, not just here, writing off the Niners. That team is much too physical to dismiss and they have depth to fill in until missing players start trickling back.

They were far and away, the toughest matchup for Seattle last year. They cruised through the two road games to get to the NFC Championship game. They certainly have not slipped as far as people want to think.

This Cowboy upset BS reminds of the Green Bay talk before Thursday night. The Niners will sober everyone up a little after Sunday.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Mick063":21w3mxyr said:
saintsfannhere":21w3mxyr said:
Mick063":21w3mxyr said:

told ya so

Why would you have to eat crow buddy?

I see far too many people, not just here, writing off the Niners. That team is much too physical to dismiss and they have depth to fill in until missing players start trickling back.

They were far and away, the toughest matchup for Seattle last year. They cruised through the two road games to get to the NFC Championship game. They certainly have not slipped as far as people want to think.

This Cowboy upset BS reminds of the Green Bay talk before Thursday night. The Niners will sober everyone up a little after Sunday.

I'm not worried for the Niners Either. Reports of their demise have been rather exaggerated thus far. I think their offense will be as fine as Kaep's legs and single reads can be, but their big problem is that they might be too far behind to catch up once their defense is cobbled back together late in the season. I don't Think Bowman will be 100% at all this year and McDonald might be done.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Y'all should be stiff competition for the Hawks. I hope y'all take out the falcons tomorrow.

It would be great to see y'all in the playoffs.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
saintsfannhere":3lp7mcbu said:
I actually think we had double the passing yards, over 100yards rushing , and more first downs then y'all in that game and we still didn't win but came damn close.
Let's not revise history too badly, here. You guys were praying for a score where you'd have needed a two-point conversion just to tie, and only were that "close" because two of our DBs got their hands on a severely under-thrown duck by Brees that if replayed 10 times, would have been intercepted the other nine but instead went right into your receiver's hands for a gigantic gain.

Your defense showed up that time at least, but the offense still had myriad problems.

...Back to the topic at hand, however. Thanks for the kind words, and welcome to .NET. :) Don't be a stranger.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Mick063":30k2newv said:
That team is much too physical to dismiss and they have depth to fill in until missing players start trickling back.

I would be the first guy to say that demise of the Niners is exaggerated, but this depth comment is used pretty frequently among Niner nation and frankly that depth is very unproven. Niner fans will talk about how well they played but the reality is that nobody knows how that will look for sure.

They are without two of their best players period, on the same side of the ball while missing a piece of that depth in Dorsey to injury. The mentioned depth has little or no real experience. They "should" fill in well, but we are talking about an unproven secondary and 50 percent of the best LBing group in the NFL missing. I'm not saying that the Niner D is falling apart, but there will be a period of adjustment in the early part of the season.

Without actually even seeing yet, I am guessing that the Niner offense will do their best to balance out any dropoff.

In any case, they should handle Dallas with ease.