Saints fan here :) We have a looong wait so...thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seahawk weaknesses:
Vulnerable to short passing game.
Run defense can be hit or miss.
Receivers have trouble getting separation. (I know, we have Harvin back) (I also realize this is a bit a misnomer as our pass yard stats are some of the best in the league, I'm just trying to make Saints fans feel they have a chance :) (and that last sentence is a joke as I think, like MontanaHawk, they have more than a chance)

Other than those I don't see other weaknesses. At times our O line has had issues, but now the starters are back.

Seahawk strengths:
Too numerous to list.

What should scare Nawlins. That we are a much better running team than the Falcons and Wilson is a better QB than Ryan. Your rush looked awesome last night, collapsing the pocket. But Wilson does not need a pocket to hurt you. Our defense is not like any you've played. Fast, physical and smart. Have you read some the excellent articles written by Richard Sherman?

What should scare Seattle. Brees is the best and smartest QB we've faced. You have excellent protection. A great short passing game and decent running game. Your rush, as I said earlier, was off the charts. What's the name of the big guy who is all arms coming like a maniac?

Will be a great game. And that is my last prediction.

Go Hawks!

SC

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":179qgz6a said:
lengai":179qgz6a said:
he is pretty cool...Asylum Guido.

THAT'S the guy! Cool like the other side of the pillow! He got to be pretty regular here. Haven't seen him in a while though. If you see him on your boards, tell him to come around to dotnet for game week (unless he's too big of a pussy). ;P

He's checked in a few times to say hi, but he hasn't been on here regularly like he has been in the past. I thought for sure he's be checking in this week though. Maybe after Sunday for game week.

saints2k8

Reaction score
CANHawk":2wpgbt50 said:
Yeah... I reeeeeealy hate to sound this arrogant, but in our house, at night in December against a finesse dome team from the South; I have a hard time seeing us do anything but beat the ever living shit out of them. I think merely surviving is a good moral victory for the Saints in this one. Our guys LIVE for primetime and look forward to every opportunity to show the world what they're capable of. This is probably the biggest matchup of the year so far, so our guys know that all eyes will be on them. I can't predict anything short of a critical beatdown.

Sorry brah...

finesse dome team? I think you'll be surprised when (or if. certainly capable) we run the ball down your throats over and over

we're also at our best in primetime games. Brees might be the GOAT in big/playoff esque primetime games

it's going to be a great game. measuring stick for both teams.

StoneCold":2wpgbt50 said:
What's the name of the big guy who is all arms coming like a maniac?
SC

Akiem Hicks

our DLINE from top to bottom is stacked. wouldn't trade the group for any other in the NFL.

Laloosh

Reaction score
saints2k8":36kf42q0 said:
CANHawk":36kf42q0 said:
Yeah... I reeeeeealy hate to sound this arrogant, but in our house, at night in December against a finesse dome team from the South; I have a hard time seeing us do anything but beat the ever living shit out of them. I think merely surviving is a good moral victory for the Saints in this one. Our guys LIVE for primetime and look forward to every opportunity to show the world what they're capable of. This is probably the biggest matchup of the year so far, so our guys know that all eyes will be on them. I can't predict anything short of a critical beatdown.

Sorry brah...

finesse dome team? I think you'll be surprised when (or if. certainly capable) we run the ball down your throats over and over

we're also at our best in primetime games. Brees might be the GOAT in big/playoff esque primetime games

Umm... hasn't won a road playoff game in his career has he? Guy is terrific but don't bet your mortgage on that statement.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... =game_date

CANHawk

Reaction score
saints2k8":2xwkz9mf said:
CANHawk":2xwkz9mf said:

Sorry brah...

it's going to be a great game. measuring stick for both teams.

StoneCold":2xwkz9mf said:
What's the name of the big guy who is all arms coming like a maniac?
SC

Akiem Hicks

our DLINE from top to bottom is stacked. wouldn't trade the group for any other in the NFL.

Of course. You guys are so well known for running the ball down teams throats. But you got me on Brees and prime time. He did so well the last time he had one of those kind of games in our house...

saints2k8

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":pe2d8kbv said:
Umm... hasn't won a road playoff game in his career has he? Guy is terrific but don't bet your mortgage on that statement.

3 games
1220 YDS
8 TD 2 INT

Scoring points hasn't been a problem in the road games

saints2k8

Reaction score
CANHawk":1rzhhcje said:
Of course. You guys are so well known for running the ball down teams throats.

Superbowl year in 2009, 2011, and we're starting to do it again

But you got me on Brees and prime time. He did so well the last time he had one of those kind of games in our house...

400+ yards, 2 TD, 36 pts

not bad. he'll have a defense backing him up this time around

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
saints2k8":2lft06ur said:
E.C. Laloosh":2lft06ur said:

3 games
1220 YDS
8 TD 2 INT

He said road playoff game. Brees is career 0-3 on the road in the playoffs. Plus, the Seahawks are averaging 24 points per game on the road, the Saints 21.2. We'll see what happens; obviously, the Saints have a real chance to win. No doubt about that. I just wouldn't expect it if I were you.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Brees did win a super bowl. Not necessarily a road game, but it wasn't at home.

Any time Drew is under center, that team has a chance. If we come out rusty and not ready to deal with a fast team, we are in trouble trying to come back against a team with a real QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":350ju5a7 said:
Johnny":350ju5a7 said:
This will be our toughest matchup to date. IMO. and, if we don't contain that freak of a TE of yours this game could get out of hand.... We've had troubles covering the TE this year and Graham could have a monster game if our pass rush doesn't get to Brees and effect his throwing lanes...

This game might be won on the last possession of the game.... I think any Hawks fan that thinks this will be a cakewalk is being a huge homer and doesn't see the 9-2 team coming our way.

How many TDs did VD or Gonzo have against us? Olsen from Carolina? Which tight ends have we struggled with (honest question as I'm unaware of a TE that's hurt us this season)?
The guy from Houston gave us fits.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":116m4inn said:
saints2k8":116m4inn said:
E.C. Laloosh":116m4inn said:

3 games
1220 YDS
8 TD 2 INT

He said road playoff game. Brees is career 0-3 on the road in the playoffs. Plus, the Seahawks are averaging 24 points per game on the road, the Saints 21.2. We'll see what happens; obviously, the Saints have a real chance to win. No doubt about that. I just wouldn't expect it if I were you.

Exactly. Calling him the GOAT in big games/playoffs is a stretch, which is what this guy's selling.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xk7wrbte said:
E.C. Laloosh":xk7wrbte said:
Johnny":xk7wrbte said:
This will be our toughest matchup to date. IMO. and, if we don't contain that freak of a TE of yours this game could get out of hand.... We've had troubles covering the TE this year and Graham could have a monster game if our pass rush doesn't get to Brees and effect his throwing lanes...

This game might be won on the last possession of the game.... I think any Hawks fan that thinks this will be a cakewalk is being a huge homer and doesn't see the 9-2 team coming our way.

How many TDs did VD or Gonzo have against us? Olsen from Carolina? Which tight ends have we struggled with (honest question as I'm unaware of a TE that's hurt us this season)?
The guy from Houston gave us fits.

Everybody gave us fits. Houston had over 300 yards receiving and like 150 on the ground. TE benefited from a lot of attention on Johnson in that game. Look at the entire season, we had one game in which a TE had more than 60 yards receiving by my count.

Laloosh

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2h61nah9 said:
Brees did win a super bowl. Not necessarily a road game, but it wasn't at home.

Any time Drew is under center, that team has a chance. If we come out rusty and not ready to deal with a fast team, we are in trouble trying to come back against a team with a real QB.

Which is why I said he's "terrific" but he's not "the guy" when it comes to clutch situations. He was one questionable call from losing on a sack/fumble at home against SF.

Doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of potential opponents with a solid secondary AND pass rush.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rolo... Where did your find this info? I am curious as I was gonna look at a different stat.
Thanks buddy.
:) Go Hawks. 10-1.

saints2k8

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":rwtamp62 said:
Exactly. Calling him the GOAT in big games/playoffs is a stretch, which is what this guy's selling.

ok ok

He's one of the GOAT in big games. :D

doesn't get any bigger than this for a regular season game so I expect him to be at his best. I honestly can't remember a more important regular season game for us than this one. Maybe the Patriots in 2009

jblaze

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":1bjb4w00 said:
Brees to graham..Our biggest worry.. Other then that im not worried

Agreed. That is the one matchup we are at a disadvantage with. Other than that, we matchup pretty well. I will be nervous because I'm always nervous, but we're at home, this is done.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
jblaze":2fiqkd9e said:
BleedGreenNblue":2fiqkd9e said:
Brees to graham..Our biggest worry.. Other then that im not worried

Agreed. That is the one matchup we are at a disadvantage with. Other than that, we matchup pretty well. I will be nervous because I'm always nervous, but we're at home, this is done.
I wish graham would just go away. That guy is a monster. watching him catch a ball and dragging a defender 6 yards for a TD..Yikes

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
This is the match up of the year so far. Both teams will come to play. New Orleans will give their "best" shot but Seattle will be victorious once again

Status
Not open for further replies.