Ryan Clark visits Hawks

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is to hoping Simon can crack the lineup this year. I would love to get Polomalu to play for Pete.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Interesting. Not sure if he wants to be a backup here.[/quote said:
I would say they are kicking the tires because of Kam's hip surgery. Can never be too prepared for the unexpected.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jeron Jonhson/Shead were backing up Kam, Maragos was backing up Earl. Ryan would be Earl's new backup.

Not sure why the article mentioned Simon and Lane, since they are corners.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's in the final couple years of his career, while I'm sure he wants to start I could see him kicking the tires on a veteran backup role.

Wouldn't mind this at all though this would be a bigger surprise to me than adding DeSean Jackson would.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
If you've seen him on NFL Live you already know that he'll have a great career in TV after he's done playing. Probably be a solid vet backup here.

sutz

Reaction score
If Washington couldn't find enough money to please him, does anybody think we would?

J/K, mostly. :)

Yeah, due diligence in checking out who's on the market. And if things do get dicey later on towards or in the season, he's a guy who had been here, and if still available would be somewhat familiar. Kind of a networking thing.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Shead can play Free Safety, its probably his most natural position to him but as a CB he's like a baby Browner and the team could be intrigued by that.

But I thought the Seahawks would entertain a veteran safety like Mike Adams or Steve Gregory, didn't think Ryan Clark though. All three started plenty of games last year.

Getting a cheap vet S behind Thomas almost ensures the team will have all the components of a good competition and they possibly don't have to press for a DB in the draft to shore up depth issues.

CBs
Sherman
Maxwell
Lane
Shead (can backup S)
Simon
Adams
Auguste
Fenner

S
Thomas
Chanchellor
Johnson
Veteran
Parks

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Cut Kam because of the bad hip, sign Ryan Clark to replace and DeSean Jackson to a 8yr 90mil deal with the savings from Kam. I see what JS is thinking!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Think he's like 33 now or something and also a new NFLPA executive? Dude is a great TV personality and was a good player back then. Haven't really watched him lately.

sutz

Reaction score
enamel":38n7si2w said:
Fill that Lawyer Milloy redzone safety role.
I'm not so sure we need that any more. :229031_shrug:

Exittium

Reaction score
Seriously does anyone pay attention to anything didn't Kam tweet himself he had no surgery? .. Yup

Kameron ‏@Kam_Chancellor Mar 25
Huh? No surgery here. Ready to Win pic.twitter.com/5FcY5IMXva

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Exittium":bruhj3vp said:
Seriously does anyone pay attention to anything didn't Kam tweet himself he had no surgery? .. Yup

Kameron ‏@Kam_Chancellor Mar 25
Huh? No surgery here. Ready to Win pic.twitter.com/5FcY5IMXva

Beautiful

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":15i6uiip said:
Cut Kam because of the bad hip, sign Ryan Clark to replace and DeSean Jackson to a 8yr 90mil deal with the savings from Kam. I see what JS is thinking!
What are you smoking?It gives you the ability to see what one thinks.. :mrgreen:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1wtu17sf said:
The Yugoslavian":1wtu17sf said:
What are you smoking?It gives you the ability to see what one thinks.. :mrgreen:

Besides we're giving Bennett 10M a year and have lost 10 players as a result. :sarcasm_on:

SirTed

Reaction score
Not sure the money would be right - but as far as the player goes, I'd be all over this.

plyka

Reaction score
I would pass. In the nfl too much value is given to name recognition. The hawks have shown us that in positions of strength it's always about bringing in cheap young talent. That talent can produce, but always has the hidden potential of turning into something great like every secondary player on this team!

With defensive linemen they are willing to pay for talent. In all the other defensive positions they always go for young and cheap.

Latest posts