Russell Wilson: Seahawks team reminds me of 2012

Seymour

Reaction score
Russell says what many fans have felt and thought....feels much like 2012. I was on the fence on this until this last game. Now I feel this well could be the turning point. Difference is I think we are more balanced then in 2012 when the D started to carry the heavy bulk of the load. I think a more balanced and all inclusive team game is also better equipped to stand the test of time than our first run was personally.

The Seahawks spent the offseason getting younger. With budding young players like receiver David Moore on offense, an offensive line that has improved immensely, and a secondary that, while not LOB-level, has developed greatly in recent weeks, the plan in Seattle is coalescing into wins.

"At the beginning of season, we were just a young team trying to mesh together. Now we're hitting our groove," defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson said. "You can just feel the energy, feel the vibe, feel the connection -- it feels good."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ssell-wilson-seahawks-team-reminds-me-of-2012

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I thought at the beginning of the season that it felt more like 2011. But its definitely shifted gears into the 2012 vibe.

While we are weaker in the secondary that 2012, we also have a more mature seasoned QB than that year as well. So its evening out with some things better than 2012 (QB, OL) and some things not as good (DBs).

TBH we actually look more like the 2012 49ers. Really good running attack and OL. Defense dominated by a stud group of LB's.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
To be honest, this offense looks like the best PC has ever had. I don't know if we can compare this team to any other. Seems like they have their own identity. Here's to getting better throughout the season.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I know it's way early and we arent even sniffing the playoffs yet, but I cant help to feel a certain way towards the superstars that left and ran their mouths about falling asleep in meetings, the players that still have a chip on their shoulder and carry Ill will towards the team, or even the players that requested a trade. It would feel so great to prove them all wrong and win another one! The stars that are gone were built by this system, they're not even heard from now (Sherman still talks but I dont feel like he still has an audience). Dang, it's starting to feel like that buzz is growing again.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1fxndnkc said:
To be honest, this offense looks like the best PC has ever had. I don't know if we can compare this team to any other. Seems like they have their own identity. Here's to getting better throughout the season.

This is definitely true in some ways.

For one thing, Russell Wilson is currently operating behind the pass protection he's had in his career, and it's really nowhere close. It wasn't this good in 2013, 2014, 2012, or any other year.

For another thing, Carson is only a sophomore. Lynch had several years of tread worn down by the time he reached us (and he was still awesome).

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Bit early for that but the optimism is understandable given how dodgy the offense has been for so many seasons.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
If the playoffs started today, the Seahawks would be playing the Redskins on the road in the first week... definitely 2012 again. :)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh Pete Prisco is not going to be happy about this turn of events.

Latest posts