Russell Wilson is NOT Week 16 Rookie of the Week

RichNhansom

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":ju7b3dlj said:
Plus a head to head rookie QB battle would show which QB is best and change some ROY voters minds?

The problem is the ROY voting has to be submitted before the start of the first wild card game so if it changed anyone's mind it would be to late anyway.

That's why I am pulling for Dallas tomorrow. Having RGIII not get his team into the playoffs would factor into the ROY votes, especially if RGIII has a bad day and throws a couple picks and no TD's.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1am9e8jt said:
HawkGA":1am9e8jt said:
RW isn't winning ROY people. Best get used to it now. I'm sure a super bowl mvp would mean more anyway.

And the Seahawks aren't going to the playoffs, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Packers, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Patriots, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Bears, and the Seahawks aren't beating the 49ers, and Richard Sherman isn't winning his appeal...

This seems to be a year of upsets. Who knows how far that'll go?

Football is unpredictable, don't bother trying to predict it. RW definitely has a shot, as does Luck, and RG3, ect.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just a thought,

With Sherman and the defense making the plays they have been making it overshadows Wilsons accomplishments and plays on the field, He's been so efficiant and our drama has been the blow outs mor then the play he has shown. Kams big hit, Shermans return etc are getting bigger publicity then Wilson who quietly disects and casterataes a defense. Yeah his scramble was something to watch but not the drama the media likes. RGIII has had high drama games which being in their market gets many more stories. If Wilson as doing this on his own then he may get more recognition, this has been a team effort, which means personnal recognition will be much less nation wide versus our fan base.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
chris98251":c1ojp0xh said:
Just a thought,

With Sherman and the defense making the plays they have been making it overshadows Wilsons accomplishments and plays on the field, He's been so efficiant and our drama has been the blow outs mor then the play he has shown. Kams big hit, Shermans return etc are getting bigger publicity then Wilson who quietly disects and casterataes a defense. Yeah his scramble was something to watch but not the drama the media likes. RGIII has had high drama games which being in their market gets many more stories. If Wilson as doing this on his own then he may get more recognition, this has been a team effort, which means personnal recognition will be much less nation wide versus our fan base.

Most of us remember...."there's no 'I' in team". I can guarantee that Russell has it down "pat"!

HawkWow

Reaction score
We have always been slighted. This year we (the team) can actually do something about it. You have to know 52 men (+coaches) would walk through fire for RW. With the Sherman PB slight, now this, I hope to gawd we play the Skins. Shanahan is old school. He's seen it all and I bet he wished RW won this instead of his guy. He knows we will mostly likely meet soon and he knows we will be coming hard after Griffin. I won't be stunned if it causes him to rethink the way he uses Griffin against us. If not, I won't be shocked if we knock him out of the game.

That's my silver lining on this latest burn.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":123e1fpa said:
It just makes me want to play the Redskins more. I realize they are very hot right now, but so are we. I just think it would be cool to shut everyone up and knock the Skins off their perch.

Russell converting all of those third downs the other night had very little to do with Beastmode. That's QB time.