Russell Wilson and perceived regression..

rjdriver

Reaction score
I personally think many of us have underestimated how much the loss of Rice has affected Russell. I think Wilson has substantially better numbers has he stayed healthy. He's not megatron, but he had chemistry with Russell, could get open , and made some big plays all last year and the beginning if this year.

BamKam

Reaction score
Lol no one thinks RW regressed this season. Why do people make this stuff up?

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
Will I":30quk8l9 said:
EverydayImRusselin":30quk8l9 said:
I think it would help to show his rookie year stats.

2012 - 252/393 64.1%, 3,118 Yds 7.93 YPA 26 TD 10 INT 100.0 QB Rating 94 carries 489 yds 4 TD
2013 - 257/407 63.1%, 3,357 Yds 8.25 YPA 26 TD 9 INT 101.2 QB Rating 96 carries 539 yds 1 TD

Holy consistency!

Consistency is good, if anything he's improved slightly from last year. No way has he regressed. Go Hawks!!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hawks46":3mvgn28a said:
I don't know about regressed, but Russ has missed a lot of open WRs lately. He's missed some reads. If he's responsible for all the audibles, he hasn't audibled into favorable situations at times, or audibled out of unfavorable ones.

Regressed ? From the stat line, I'd say no. Keep in mind, our protection was horrible this year. The other thing about Wilson is that he's not an RG3, Jeff George, Michael Vick, Matt Stafford kind of guy that doesn't think they need to improve on anything and doesn't accept any accountability. They say a QB peaks in about year 4, that's what you can expect from the guy for the rest of his career (if you take care of the team around him; not many guys can will teams to win with horrible personnel). That said, along with Wilson's personality and work ethic, even if we see a 10% increase from what we've already gotten from him, we're going to see a 30 TD/ 10INT or less type of year with around 3500 yards passing, 400ish yards rushing and a mid 60% completion rate.

Is that good enough to win ? I think so. He tied P. Manning's rookie TD record. I believe he tied for 2nd all time with Manning for TD's in his first 2 years. He's on a damned good career arc so far and I'm liking it. Sure, there's things to work on, but I think we're being spoiled here.
How about you factor in the inconsistency he had to work with this season when you attempt to figure his improvement rate. Suppose next season he has a consistent offensive line and Rice and or the magical unicorn 11.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
rjdriver":2t76rilf said:
I personally think many of us have underestimated how much the loss of Rice has affected Russell. I think Wilson has substantially better numbers has he stayed healthy. He's not megatron, but he had chemistry with Russell, could get open , and made some big plays all last year and the beginning if this year.

I agree. Rice was pretty good in the scramble drill too.

ManBunts

Reaction score
From what I hear of his dedication and attention to the game his regression will never come from lack of focus, and he obviously has the physical skills. Supposedly he shows up at 5am every morning to training for film study. After the Cardinals loss he showed up at 4am. I think if anything we need to make sure he lasts us for decades to come. Mentally and physically, we need to surround him with players that will protect him and carry the load.

But that said, this regression rumor is pure gossip. Probably created by the same person that starts the obligatory Harvin rumor thread that pops up every week, and they needed new material.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
dunceface":2przc0t2 said:
EverydayImRusselin":2przc0t2 said:
I think it would help to show his rookie year stats.

2012 - 252/393 64.1%, 3,118 Yds 7.93 YPA 26 TD 10 INT 100.0 QB Rating 94 carries 489 yds 4 TD
2013 - 257/407 63.1%, 3,357 Yds 8.25 YPA 26 TD 9 INT 101.2 QB Rating 96 carries 539 yds 1 TD

Tumblr m4v1zaYb9Q1qho9s5
hahahaha

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RW3 has not regressed. RW3 is the same RW3 he was last year, only better.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think Wilson has regressed since the Saints game. There he was accurate and poised, and that was against a team with a legitimate pass rush. In the four weeks since he's been markedly off with the vertical accuracy and zip on his throws, and more importantly too quick to leave the pocket. I didn't see it until I paid careful attention during the Rams game.

And this has all been WITH the O-line supposedly improved from Okung and Giacomini's return, so that's not an easy excuse. Although I did notice Breno give up a couple of sacks on Wilson.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing but we played against a good defense, Carolina, and every team in our division is a good defense. There are other teams that have a good defense. You elevate your offense and scheme to take advantage of what you perceive is vulnerable. Wilson is as good as how the players execute around him and what he is called upon to run. He has done very well within those parameters and will only improve with a level of improvement of those around him.

A great QB can make the difference on a team with great talent, but they can only elevate the shortcomings of that talent so much.

Mitch

Reaction score
I worried all year that our makeshift line was going to get Russell killed. Somehow he made it through the regular season! The NFC defenses are good, especially the NFC West. I am still worried about our O-Line. I know we are more geared to the run, but this guy is the franchise. Protect his ASS! What would Russell Wilson do with 4 seconds of protection, like the other franchise quarterbacks get?

Mitch

Reaction score
We are damn lucky our franchise quarterback is one tough kid!

file.php

Latest posts