Russell Wilson #11 on NFL Top 100 of 2018

chris98251

Reaction score
Well a career back up that was a 3rd round pick and many said could go as late as the 5th to the 11th best player rankings isn't bad jump is it, and he has time to move up the ladder still.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":7tridlyy said:
Well a career back up that was a 3rd round pick and many said could go as late as the 5th to the 11th best player rankings isn't bad jump is it, and he has time to move up the ladder still.

Exactly! :2thumbs:

original poster

Reaction score
Aros":3g2ltice said:
Mistashoesta":3g2ltice said:
Interviewer: "Who's the #1 player in the league this year?"

Tyrann Mathieu: "To me? It's Russell Wilson".

I have noticed over the years that Tyrann has always been very complimentary towards us. Would love to see that dude wearing blue and green.

I really thought John would have gone after him aggressively when he became a free agent, imagine the schemes we could run with him in the backfield!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love it, the players clearly know how damn good Russ is. Wentz above him is laughable. But, Russ is one of the best in the league, and he's a Hawk. We are lucky to have a guy who can carry a team like that, and yes, he can carry the team. I think he's going to get even better. It's just a list, but being ranked 11th best in the league says a lot about how other players see him as a player. Good point on the Honey Badger, he always gives props to Hawks players. Makes me think he secretly wants to play here.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think at least he’s recognized as a a top 11 player, but given his year last season with a porous OLine and no running game and being in the conversation for MVP #11 is disrespectful, and underrates him.

Some of the guys on this list are rated way too high, and others far too low..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, every year there are some head scratchers. I like the show and watching the highlights, comments from players etc. No matter how hard I try, I can't get worked up about a list, it has no impact really. To do what he did behind that line, I was thinking he would be around 8 or 9 so pretty close.

Steve2222

Reaction score
But I agree the biggest head scratcher is Wagner at 21 and Kuechley at 12. Even if you want to say Kuechley is better than Wagner (he's not), he's not 9 spots better. Kuechley is just going off name recognition by the players, just like Rodgers this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
adeltaY":24n3b6dz said:

Seems legit. Probably overrated
, but the players tend to do that for star QBs and the league does in general. Glad to see him get a lot of respect, I think the players took into account how difficult of a situation he was in last season.

Agree. I disagree.

Sounds about right. Totally wrong.

This makes me happy. How depressing. :sarcasm_off:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All these years later, some still fight the urge to accept that he IS one of the best players in football :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Carson Wentz at 3?? :laugh: :rofl: :204070:
So, Wentz is better than Rodgers, Wilson and Brees? Um...........
Fun show to watch, but this was by far the funniest of all the selections imo.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kslymyv said:
Carson Wentz at 3?? :laugh: :rofl: :204070:
So, Wentz is better than Rodgers, Wilson and Brees? Um...........
Fun show to watch, but this was by far the funniest of all the selections imo.

Yeah I agree that's not right IMO. To rank that high as a second year player who had a meh rookie season is too much. Then again, watching his highlights they showed that video, the guy is something else. He could very well end up a top 3 player, he just needs to show it for a few more seasons.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's damn good, no doubt. Loved watching him play the game here in Seattle. The real deal. Just way too early to say he's better than that many great QB's.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
An NFL scout commented that last year he was Joe Flacco in the 1st half and Joe Montana in the 2nd.

The question remains how much of that was the offense that was forced on him and how much will that improve with a new OC?

I do know he was not that bad the years before that. But he never was tremendous the 1st few quarters, though again that could be Pete playing to squeeze the air out of the ball.

I do know he has done pretty well considering the resources he was provided to work with.

But the discrepancy between 1st half Russ and 2nd half DangeRuss is pretty big. Hopefully, we close that gap this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1bw3u2wa said:
An NFL scout commented that last year he was Joe Flacco in the 1st half and Joe Montana in the 2nd.

The question remains how much of that was the offense that was forced on him and how much will that improve with a new OC?

I do know he was not that bad the years before that. But he never was tremendous the 1st few quarters, though again that could be Pete playing to squeeze the air out of the ball.

I do know he has done pretty well considering the resources he was provided to work with.

But the discrepancy between 1st half Russ and 2nd half DangeRuss is pretty big. Hopefully, we close that gap this year.

Wilson was hoping his lineman could block any gap last season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Truth. One game we were up in our seats and my wife, who is usually pretty chill, yells "Can SOMEONE block for the Quarterback....Just ONCE?"

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ufllloq said:

Over stated here. That was 2017 that happened mainly. Here is 2015 with some semblance of a running game.

Attachments

• Wilson-2015.jpg
    Wilson-2015.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 526

Hawk1217

Reaction score
This whole first half, second half thing is pretty ridiculous. (qb rating)

In 2016 he was 94.4 1st half, 89.6 2nd half pretty consistent and he was hurt most of the year
in 2015 he was 108.3 1st half, 112.6 2bd half again pretty consistent
in 2014 he was 93.6 1st half, 96.8 2nd half again consistent

So basically in the last 4 season the only season he was "inconsistent" was last year, and there were a plethora of reasons for it. In fact, the "issue" only existed last year. So out of 6 years, it happened once. This shows an anomaly not a pattern with regards to this issue. The pattern is consistent play. Does make one wonder what is the motivation for this pushing this though.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hawk1217":h3bc42l7 said:
This whole first half, second half thing is pretty ridiculous. (qb rating)

In 2016 he was 94.4 1st half, 89.6 2nd half pretty consistent and he was hurt most of the year
in 2015 he was 108.3 1st half, 112.6 2bd half again pretty consistent
in 2014 he was 93.6 1st half, 96.8 2nd half again consistent

So basically in the last 4 season the only season he was "inconsistent" was last year, and there were a plethora of reasons for it. In fact, the "issue" only existed last year. So out of 6 years, it happened once. This shows an anomaly not a pattern with regards to this issue. The pattern is consistent play. Does make one wonder what is the motivation for this pushing this though.

Thank you! I've been saying this over and over, so glad to see someone else bring it up!

Latest posts