Russell continues to progress

Dismas

Reaction score
forgive me if there is a mention of this farther back.

Today I was super impressed with how Russ is putting it all together.
Last week we saw him make a concerted effort to stand firm and deliver the ball in the face of the rush.

This week, he mixed it up masterfully. I saw occasions where he saw the rush coming, and made a quick throw, a couple of times, to a guy not really open, just 1 on 1, and let his receiver win the ball. He also, however, allowed himself to dodge a few times, extending the play and making good things happen.

Every week Wilson becomes just a bit more of a complete QB, and personally, I find it thrilling to be able to watch him improve each and every week.

My wife, I think, is about sick and tired of hearing me during the games: " And so another chapter in the Legend of Dangeruss was written that day . . . "

Corny line, but true, each and every week!

themunn

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is, as of yesterday, Wilson's passer rating for 2013 exceeds his 2012 rating despite serious injuries across his O-line, injuries to Rice and Harvin, missing Miller for several games, but more importantly, with 6 of his 10 games so far this year on the road. Granted, he hasn't been his 130+ home self this year, but with 4 of the remaining 6 in Seattle you have to feel confident that familiarity will breed results shortly! Never has there been a better time to be a Hawks fan

themunn

Reaction score
I meant to add - I said 4 of his next 6, but there is a serious possibility that in reality we're looking at 6 of the next 8 at home...

kearly

Reaction score
My favorite stat this season, besides the 10am road record, is Wilson's current 101.8 rating. A better rating than last season, behind arguably the worst pass protection in the NFL. He's been passing the eyeball test with flying colors most of these games, it's gratifying to finally seeing it reflected on the stat page.

It's been pretty cool watching Wilson adapt this season. He had to adapt to a struggling running game early, he had to adapt to defenses taking away play action, he had to adapt to teams taking away his rushing ability after he racked up 240 yards rushing over 3 games, and so on. In the Falcons game, you saw him face a defense, maybe the first since Jacksonville, that didn't take anything away from Wilson at all. And the result was predictable: Wilson was fantastic.

Gonna be so much fun watching this team with a healthy OL and Harvin.

skater18000

Reaction score
1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Luck/Wilson

6. Matt Stafford

7. Matt Ryan

(Best in the game, and #3 is gettin better)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I've noticed that his most significant 'progress' is in unison with 'progression' of the OL. Today we had arguably the best overall performance, so far, from the guys up front, so it doesn't surprise me that RW turned in one of his most complete games. None of the 'progress' he showed in this game is anything he hasn't tried or accomplished sporadically behind dismal pass protection this season. The kid has been waiting for the chance to show the results of his hard work during the off season...he just needed half-way consistent protection AND needed Bevell to install a more comprehensive short-passing game, which is still a work in progress compared to many other teams.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
skater18000":1lf1ge99 said:
1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Luck/Wilson

6. Matt Stafford

7. Matt Ryan

(Best in the game, and #3 is gettin better)

Luck tied with Wilson??? :?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm looking at all 4 of the "young passers" stats - Wilson, Luck RG3, Kaep. And The other 3 passers all have ratings in the 80's.

Luck= 87.5
RG3= 83.8
Kaep = 83.0

RW has a +11 TD/INT ratio, Luck = +8, RG3 and Kaep are at +3.

I agree with the above posters, If the OL continues to progress as it has this week, than RW will have much better throwing circumstances, there's a good chance we'll see him explode in productivity these last 6 games, which is exciting to think about.

Sac

Reaction score
100.7 - Career Passer Rating to date
43 - Passing TDs to date
Undefeated at home through 1.5 seasons.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't even see it as "progressing." To me RW is already there, he just needs everyone else to step it up in order to shine even brighter than he already does.

When the O-Line blocks, Beast mode is in full effect and his WR's make plays then Wilson's brilliant. When one or more of these pieces aren't clicking, he's still solid. So not sure "progressing" is the right word. IMO again he's already there.

Latest posts