Russ vs Luck

aawolf

Reaction score
Great discussion going on with Colts fans in the "Enemy Forums" thread.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The guys on the NFL network keep saying that Luck is asked to do so much more than Russell. Really? Different things yes but more things ? I kind of doubt that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2i08zw6a said:
The guys on the NFL network keep saying that Luck is asked to do so much more than Russell. Really? Different things yes but more things ? I kind of doubt that.
Luck is asked to do more. How that makes him better is what is beyond me.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Do the colts ask Luck to run around and buy time because the starting offensive line is soaking in the hot tub just so the receivers can get down field on every pass play and if that doesn't work out to just run the ball for 10 -15 yards per clip? Do the cts ask luck to constantly over come penalty yardage that takes every single drive "off schedule"? I think what you are talking about is over blown. I'm not saying Luck isn't the better pro QB because apparently even our own players think so but RW is asked to do a lot of things that Luck doesn't do as well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The way Indy fans are desperate to prove their entire team sucks except the QB to justify putting Luck up on a pedestal like an ugly neck-bearded Greek God is getting ridiculous.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2w61zwt2 said:
but but but... Luck's SO much taller! He HAS to be better! These stats are flawed!

And the round he was taken in... he has to be more than "better," he better be the BEST!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
CANHawk":2kn60bah said:
but but but... Luck's SO much taller! He HAS to be better! These stats are flawed!

I've heard he was the #1 pick too, therefore he has to be better. It's science.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3rfz7k60 said:
I've heard he was the #1 pick too, therefore he has to be better. It's science.

yeahsciencebitch.PNG

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2mgdgta6 said:
brimsalabim":2mgdgta6 said:
Luck is asked to do more. How that makes him better is what is beyond me.

Luck had to be asked to do those things, Wilson just did it on his own without needing to be asked! :th2thumbs:

TJH

Reaction score
End of last year Russ was clearly better. Luck has looked a bit better this year so far. Russell is having major issues seeing open receivers downfield and just locking on to the first read. There were a lot of missed open receivers in the Texans game. Russ seems to have regressed a little. Most of this is probably due to the pressure but it's still the reality.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TJH":17h4onec said:
End of last year Russ was clearly better. Luck has looked a bit better this year so far. Russell is having major issues seeing open receivers downfield and just locking on to the first read. There were a lot of missed open receivers in the Texans game. Russ seems to have regressed a little. Most of this is probably due to the pressure but it's still the reality.
Sorry to disagree given Houston doesn't both the team and fans.One issue Wilson doesn't have iscking onto one receiver like it or not his game is very similar to Rothliesburger's in that it's playground style.

When Harvin returns this very likely changes.

TJH

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":273djgxy said:
TJH":273djgxy said:
Sorry to disagree given Houston doesn't both the team and fans.One issue Wilson doesn't have iscking onto one receiver like it or not his game is very similar to Rothliesburger's in that it's playground style.

Have you watched the all-22 of the games this year? It's pretty obvious. He is rarely looking to more than one 3rd of the field, particularly downfield. There have been several plays in each game where players are wide open and Russel did not even look to that side. These awesome catches by our receivers have been mostly due to him forcing it into covered players as opposed to great reads, they have just worked out well so far.

TJH

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":35cr7ay9 said:
I don't have that service. Either way it is not about Wilson but that horrid OL.

Like I said, most of it is probably due to the pressure, but it IS the reality of what he is doing right now. Unfortunately, I think he is spooked to the point that even when he does have time, he does the same stuff.

Latest posts