Running the ball didn’t work

Mizak

Reaction score
14 rushes, 36 yards compared to 31 pass attempts. 49ers 24 pass attempts to 45 rushing attempts. 9ers with more accurate game planning.

mcbobly

Reaction score
14 rushes, 36 yards compared to 31 pass attempts. 49ers 24 pass attempts to 45 rushing attempts. 9ers with more accurate game planning.
Never does, too predictable. Opposing teams know exactly what to do.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Biggest problem is we can't tackle. I bet there were double digit plays where we had a guy on the spot to make a play for a loss or no gain and missed the tackle. A number of which ended up being 8+ yard gains

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Worst game ever called in a long time for Seattle. That truck play was terrible. Waldron was awful today. Coaches set up the players to lose.

Been doing it for years now.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Biggest problem is we can't tackle. I bet there were double digit plays where we had a guy on the spot to make a play for a loss or no gain and missed the tackle. A number of which ended up being 8+ yard gains
We haven't scored an offensive touchdown in 6 quarters. The offense is also an issue, the whole team is a mess.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
It was better in the second half.. if they havent gotten any better by mid seaon there is a problem.. at least some of the time Taylor held the edge the problem was he tutned it back iside there was no pursuit from the middle.. they just got their butts kicked in the trenches.. the reason why they were not tackling was br ecause they were out of position.. thats the way i see it... the niners are good.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
We knew the 49ers were going to run the ball and they ran it just fine. The answer is not to throw the ball more.

But we can’t be in 2nd and 12 and 3rd and 11 all day.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’d say “classic” Penny is back but the real “classic” Penny is him in street clothes for most of the season. This is normal Penny and not “my career is over if I don’t don something NOW“ Penny against mostly bad defenses late in the year.

audioeffects

Reaction score
Two ways to look at it. In PC’s offense preferences - you run well to set up the pass for “chunk yardage.” So you run hard on 1st and 2nd down, right? Or - you pass on two (of the three) downs on the probability that you advance the ball more effectively. In most cases either emphasis in combination will (probably) work. No matter what, then, running is significant for moving the offense.

Scout

Reaction score
Going back to fundamentals will be key for improved performance on defense.

Msfann

Reaction score
To be fair, we had to pass once we were down by 20.
This, when down by a long ways there isn't time to run the ball. It only works when the game is close or we have the lead and were trying to wear down the other team's D. If a team gets ahead of Seattle by a couple of touchdowns the run game completely shuts down and it always has with this system. There just isn't time for that shiat.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, the Niners have a damn good defense. And, all you have to do is stack the box against the run. Why would a team NOT do that? I mean they are forcing Geno to beat them. The same Geno who can't put up a single point in a game and a half.