Roster Moves

TheSampsonNator

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mike Rob is on the chopping block moving forward? With the way the running game has exploded over the past two weeks, my gut tells me he is safe.

That said, with Okung coming back and Coleman seemingly not far off, it got me thinking about who will get released to make room for Okung. If I remember right, we IR'd Ware to make room for Mike Rob. I am going to go out on a limb and assume Caylin Hauptmann will get released to make room for Okung.

That would leave us with a backfield of Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Mike Rob, and Coleman.

Thoughts?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hauptmann makes sense for Okung, but if Browner's injury is severe enough to IR him, they could do that as well. Although for the record, I don't believe we will IR Browner

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Caylin Hauptmann will be released for Okung. Like how Bryan Walters was supposed to be released for Harvin, until they released him for Michael Brooks, then they released Brooks for Harvin.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It would be insane to let MRob go after how he's helped the run game the past couple weeks.

Basis4day

Reaction score
We had 5 backs when the season began on active roster (Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Ware, Coleman).
We currently have 5 backs on the active roster (Lynch, Turbin, Michael, MRob, Coleman).

MRob isn't going anywhere.

vant

Reaction score
I don't know where these MRob concerns are coming from?

We cut him earlier this year due to two reasons: Illness & Cap hit.

Neither one of those apply today.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He's young, he's raw, but I don't have a lot of confidence, at this time, in Coleman. Keep MRob, you get what you pay for (accept for Earl, Sherm, Tate, RW...then you get much more).

stack600

Reaction score
Depth Chart shows 2 FBs Mike Rob and Coleman. I think he safe and Instramental in the Beast's resurgence in the last 2 games. And I have to belive Sherman Smith and Carroll see the difference since MRob was resigned. You got to remember he was not only a high paid FB, but also dropped 30 +lbs with the illness he had at the cut to 53. With Mike rob back and healthy and making less money, Marshawn ain't letting him go anywhere.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
vant":11nkkms2 said:
I don't know where these MRob concerns are coming from?

We cut him earlier this year due to two reasons: Illness & Cap hit.

Neither one of those apply today.

This is what I've been saying. He's is too valuable now to release at this time of the year.

hawksman53

Reaction score
Michael Robinson is 99% of the reason for some of Lynchs' big runs the last 3 weeks

C-Dub

Reaction score
hawksman53":1stwi3bj said:
Michael Robinson is 99% of the reason for some of Lynchs' big runs the last 3 weeks
I'd like to think at least 2% would have been Marshawn himself, but what do I know.

:229031_shrug:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Mike Rob is now making the vet minimum and he is producing on the field.

He's not going anywhere.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1de024xm said:
Mike Rob is now making the vet minimum and he is producing on the field.

He's not going anywhere.

I wonder how many posters on this Board are making in excess of $600,000 per year? I see it as a "win-win" situation for both MRob and the Hawks.

Latest posts