Roster Churn 10/11/19

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1182789964267806720[/tweet]
The Seahawks promoted two players off of their practice squad Friday ahead of their trip to Cleveland, adding guard Jordan Roos and tight end Jacob Hollister to the 53-man roster.

Guard/center Ethan Pocic was placed on injured reserve and safety Adrian Colbert was waived to make room on the 53-man roster.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Hollister activated ! I'm guessing Fant will be playing Tackle or Guard this week.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
It's a shame that Ethan's season came to a premature end. Relieved to see a third tight end added to the roster. Jordan Roos gets promotion as most experienced lineman in the system.

However, there is a real log jam at wide receiver. I would think something has got to give in the not too distant future.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Pocic is a backup at best . They should just cut him at the end of the season and bring in some big physical OL and let them compete. Ifedi is most likely gone to .

They need to quit screwing around with guys like Iupati and invest some draft capital i'm thinking rounds 2 -6 they should draft at least 2 OL next draft one at Center for sure. Jones Simmons and Haynes should all be competing for starting jobs next year along with the new rookie class and any FA signings. Britt i'm not sure of his contract status but I think he's still under contract next year. I would not resign him either when his deal is up though like Ifedi he's at least available and capable of playing good enough to get by with. We need more from both positions.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":12qjfv9l said:
Pocic is a backup at best . They should just cut him at the end of the season and bring in some big physical OL and let them compete. Ifedi is most likely gone to .

They need to quit screwing around with guys like Iupati and invest some draft capital i'm thinking rounds 2 -6 they should draft at least 2 OL next draft one at Center for sure. Jones Simmons and Haynes should all be competing for starting jobs next year along with the new rookie class and any FA signings. Britt i'm not sure of his contract status but I think he's still under contract next year. I would not resign him either when his deal is up though like Ifedi he's at least available and capable of playing good enough to get by with. We need more from both positions.

The reason they get guys like Iupati and Fluker is because the draft capital they spent hasn't worked out.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing this variation of the offensive line. What I see is opportunity. Joey Hunt needs snaps. Jordan Roos needs snaps. Jamarco Jones could use some snaps at tackle. Jacob Hollister needs game snaps chipping on a tackles flank. Hollister chould also help their special teams chemistry.

They've made some moves in preparation for the Cleveland game. Soon we'll get see how it all shakes out. Good times. :2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pocic was hand picked by Coach Cable. He's always had something missing since he arrived, and seems to lack the strength or or nastiness needed to play interior OLine, he's shown some improvement this season but seems to be only a backup level player.

The team has a good bit of depth on the fringes of the roster some of which we've seen and some of whom can't stay healthy, or are unknown. Roos looks like he's worked on his strength training and has bulked up. Jones showed well against the Rams in relief of Fluker, and could be an ongoing contributor. There's Hunt who hasn't seen much if any playing time. Mckenzie and Fuller are PS players that little is known about. Phil Haynes was stashed on PUP he was well thought of coming out of college; and Jordan Simmons who is an earth mover when healthy is again on IR and beginning to run out of chances b/c he can't stay healthy.

So far Iupati has been a disappointment to me, but he has seemingly been on the injury report a lot this season.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Teams are fighting over arm length and athleticism in a time of NFL level lineman shortages. Kyle Fuller interests me. Even though he didn't possess the athleticism and second level blocking teams prefer when he came out of college, he can improve in those areas in Seattle. He was solid as a center for Baylor. And Baylor has had a reputation for insisting on very smart linemen to man the center position and direct assignments.

Though he may lack many of the attributes of a Justin Britt, he does have those 34 1/8 inch arms. Although, arm length alone is not enough without development and improvements. As, we have seen with the recent release of Elijah Nkansah.

I suppose that in terms of roster churn, what they decide to do with Phil Haynes will be of more immediate interest.