Rose Bowl Thread

OpHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3bpi4gjw said:
OpHawk":3bpi4gjw said:
Uncle Si":3bpi4gjw said:
So the dip in talent this year is the fault of parents, specifically west coast parents?

The state of that post...

It's been a precipitous dip for over a decade now. Not sure how one might come to the conclusion this was a one-year drop.

But yeah, I do believe the war on masculinity and the implementation of concepts like "safe-spaces" in our universities has a negative effect on our youth competing at a national level.

Kids raised elsewhere are hardier, tougher, more resilient IMO.

Youre wrong... but its really not the time nor place to discuss it.

Maybe drive around a bit before making ridiculous generalizations

Well it's my opinion that this is playing a role in the Pac-12 being the laughing stock of the Power 5 for some time now. Draw your own ridiculous conclusions I guess.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its the 4th quarter and theyre down 18.

Throwing the vall makes sense now.

Gaskins and Ahmed shouldve been a1 and a2 in 1st half though

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":16rczimg said:
TwistedHusky":16rczimg said:
Regardless of how this game shakes out, Husky fans win because Browning will finally be gone.

He did his job. When he came in, we were a dumpster fire. Under his watch, this team went to Bowl games. They were never close for years before him.

But these were some supremely talented teams recently and Browning has literally been the weakest link on the team.

He never won big games as the lead horse. He lost plenty for us. But before he got here we were awful.

Now we are good but he is awful.

Though, he recruited hard for this team so maybe we are good because of that. As a QB on the field though, he has been a guy I will be glad to see move on.
I am also tired of these UW QBs named, "Jake."

Next up, "Jacob" Eason.

Can UW recruit and play some QBs not named Jake?!! Jeez!!!

I hear they are recruiting Jake from State Farm. :twisted:

raisethe3

Reaction score
They gotta score quickly. Hope the UW defense can hold for a quick 3 and out to preserve time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OpHawk":184ggi2m said:
Uncle Si":184ggi2m said:
OpHawk":184ggi2m said:
Uncle Si":184ggi2m said:
So the dip in talent this year is the fault of parents, specifically west coast parents?

The state of that post...

It's been a precipitous dip for over a decade now. Not sure how one might come to the conclusion this was a one-year drop.

But yeah, I do believe the war on masculinity and the implementation of concepts like "safe-spaces" in our universities has a negative effect on our youth competing at a national level.

Well it's my opinion that this is playing a role in the Pac-12 being the laughing stock of the Power 5 for some time now. Draw your own ridiculous conclusions I guess.

Whats ridiculous is how generalized and ignorant it is...

I mean unless you go from school to school, community to community across this country and watch kids be raised.

Not to mention it just grossly ignores the recent success of teams like USC and oregon fairly recently... as if those kids 4- 6 years ago were raised differently?

Its a poor take.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
One minute drive at end of 1st half is suddenly looming large

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1lzftxha said:
I still don't understand why Petersen didn't just call three straight runs and kill the clock.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3q0702aq said:
Uncle Si":3q0702aq said:
I still don't understand why Petersen didn't just call three straight runs and kill the clock.

Was an awful half of play calling

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ill be interested how peterson answers that punt decision in post game

One score game i get it... but it wasnt

OpHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9n2c2zez said:
OpHawk":9n2c2zez said:
Uncle Si":9n2c2zez said:
OpHawk":9n2c2zez said:

Whats ridiculous is how generalized and ignorant it is...

I mean unless you go from school to school, community to community across this country and watch kids be raised.

Not to mention it just grossly ignores the recent success of teams like USC and oregon fairly recently... as if those kids 4- 6 years ago were raised differently?

Its a poor take.

School to school and community to community nationwide to suggest that west coast social norms are softer? I don't think so. I've spent a great deal of time around young men from all corners of this country.

USC and Oregon besides being extreme outliers, their success becoming more distant by the day, have also successfully recruited NATIONALLY during their years at the top of a still then weak Pac-12/10

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Is Peterson or someone on the huskies coaching staff in bed so to speak with some of the Ohio State staff??

That is honestly how inexplicable that decision was

Latest posts