Romo out for season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":3gpw2kc6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3gpw2kc6 said:
chris98251":3gpw2kc6 said:
Jerry will possibly go after Cousins, hurt his rival, get a QB that could be something if not messed with all the time like the situation in Washington. Kaep and Johnny Football may be fun to talk about, but Jerry knows he needs a real leader as a QB, neither Kaep or Johnny has that. Although he May sign Manziel as a back up, if nothing else but to have a guy on his party bus that knows how to have a good time.
Cousins might do well in D which means Jerruh won't be smart enough to go after him. He'll probably go Manziel instead so he can sell more jerseys.

Maulbert & Hernia: thanks for the exact info on the Cowpatties and the playoffs. 20 seasons with exactly 2 playoff appearances. Yep, that's consistency alright.

They've made the playoffs a few more times than that, they've just won only 2 games. Remember Romo's botched hold?
Myself and another employee re-enact that play to piss off the cowboy fan at work about twice a year. 8)

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":39cf52xe said:
ilikedlargent":39cf52xe said:
ringless":39cf52xe said:
Romo has had multiple back surgeries, cracked ribs, punctured lungs, and broken his collarbone multiple times. His quality of life won't be to exceptional 5 years from now once he isn't trained to be in such great shape. Guy should hang it up. He plays for a dysfunctional team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

since 2010 to the 2014 seasons,the Cowboys have 42 wins and the Cards have 41. This is the most success the Cards have had for more than decades. in a couple years or less theyll go back to five win seasons while even in bad years the cowboys always get 8 or 9 wins. They are one of the more consistent winning organizations in the league and will continue to be
One or two playoff wins since what, '95? You're right though, they are indeed consistent.

I'm talking about amount of wins total and amount of playoff appearances win or lose.

the Cowboys have made the playoffs 9 times in that period to the Cardinals 4(win or lose,making the playoffs more than others makes you more relevant). And historically obviously the Cardinals dont matter compared to cowboys and post season etc.

the Cowboys always and forever will always be more relevant . Even in down years they will continue to sell more merch and attract more fans and get more wins and the league likes it that way. The Cardinals even when winning are the irrelevant team

Maulbert

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":kpdmpka0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":kpdmpka0 said:
ilikedlargent":kpdmpka0 said:
ringless":kpdmpka0 said:
Romo has had multiple back surgeries, cracked ribs, punctured lungs, and broken his collarbone multiple times. His quality of life won't be to exceptional 5 years from now once he isn't trained to be in such great shape. Guy should hang it up. He plays for a dysfunctional team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

since 2010 to the 2014 seasons,the Cowboys have 42 wins and the Cards have 41. This is the most success the Cards have had for more than decades. in a couple years or less theyll go back to five win seasons while even in bad years the cowboys always get 8 or 9 wins. They are one of the more consistent winning organizations in the league and will continue to be
One or two playoff wins since what, '95? You're right though, they are indeed consistent.

I'm talking about amount of wins total and amount of playoff appearances win or lose.

the Cowboys have made the playoffs 9 times in that period to the Cardinals 4(win or lose,making the playoffs more than others makes you more relevant). And historically obviously the Cardinals dont matter compared to cowboys and post season etc.

the Cowboys always and forever will always be more relevant . Even in down years they will continue to sell more merch and attract more fans and get more wins and the league likes it that way. The Cardinals even when winning are the irrelevant team

And yet, the Cards have 5 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance in that same span.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Maulbert":1l2h3k5v said:
ilikedlargent":1l2h3k5v said:
[qn such great shape. Guy should hang it up. He plays for a dysfunctional team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
u more relevant). And historically obviously the Cardinals dont matter compared to cowboys and post season etc.

And yet, the Cards have 5 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance in that same span.[/quote][/quote]

I covered that above.

and yet= nobody cares

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Here's the flaw in your argument ilikedlargent.......the Cowboys have already lost a generation of fans by being largely irrelevant for 20 years. Yes, they're still followed by and there merch is still purchased by people in their 40s and 50s and 60s because they were good when those people were growing up and everyone attaches themselves to a winning team when they're a kid. But, new fans in their 20s don't know a time when this team was good consistently. As much as it pains me to say this, I actually believe the Stealers and Packers have replaced Dallas as the present day "America's team(s)" due to continued success over the last 40+ years. The Donkeys aren't far behind either.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think Romo is done in Dallas. He is still a top 10-12 QB. As much as we love to bash on Romo, we saw a decent Boys team with him and how bad they are without him.

I think they stick with Romo but find a very competent backup. I think with the entire offseason to heal up, Tony will be good to go next year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3cgudfr1 said:
I don't think Romo is done in Dallas. He is still a top 10-12 QB. As much as we love to bash on Romo, we saw a decent Boys team with him and how bad they are without him.

I think they stick with Romo but find a very competent backup. I think with the entire offseason to heal up, Tony will be good to go next year.
Agree

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1opa5ku9 said:
Hawk-Lock":1opa5ku9 said:

Agree

I am not knocking his ability to play when he all his body parts are in working order, it's the fact that his back, and collar bone and other issues cannot take the sustained beating, he broke that collar bone last year also. That's three breaks in a year and a half. They built this team and added the Vets they did to make a run this year, Romo's injuries sent that pipe dream up in smoke. Even if they do keep him they will have to add a pile of money to get another starter to come in behind him and be told to wait, unless they think Cassell is the answer.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":377herbw said:
hawksfansinceday1":377herbw said:
Hawk-Lock":377herbw said:

Agree

I am not knocking his ability to play when he all his body parts are in working order, it's the fact that his back, and collar bone and other issues cannot take the sustained beating, he broke that collar bone last year also. That's three breaks in a year and a half. They built this team and added the Vets they did to make a run this year, Romo's injuries sent that pipe dream up in smoke. Even if they do keep him they will have to add a pile of money to get another starter to come in behind him and be told to wait, unless they think Cassell is the answer.
If you're talking physically then yeah, he may well be done.