Rodgers carted off during first series

rjdriver

Reaction score
Jets will get their first rounder back I believe.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I know this is awful, but I went on two jets forums and lurked from the pre game to the injury. It was like watching Challenger. They were so excited, and in three plays...done.

Maybe there is such thing as a curse.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Do the Jets call Tom Brady?

If I’m the Jets, calling every vet QB who retired within the last few years: Brady, Rivers, Wentz, Ryan, whoever.

Zach Wilson is awful. He will be the worst starting QB. The Jets have a legit championship defense and a great running game. They just need a competent QB to manage the offense.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Would the Jets want to trade for Geno? Better than Zach Wilson, that's for sure.

I'd trade Geno away for the right draft picks... maybe a 2nd and a 4th... at best.

If so, give Locke the reins and let's see how he does for the rest of the year. Not a huge drop-off from Geno to Locke... and our defense looks pathetic at this point in time.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
"This is the most Jets thing ever. Four-time MVP, Super Bowl champion and first ballot Hall of Fame QB joins the Jets, goes 0-1 for 0 yards officially and will probably have to retire."

Aircrew

Reaction score
Would the Jets want to trade for Geno? Better than Zach Wilson, that's for sure.

I'd trade Geno away for the right draft picks... maybe a 2nd and a 4th... at best.

If so, give Locke the reins and let's see how he does for the rest of the year. Not a huge drop-off from Geno to Locke... and our defense looks pathetic at this point in time.
Now that's an idea.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jets will get their first rounder back I believe.
Not quite. Here's what happens if Rodgers doesn't play 65% of the snaps:

New York desperately sought a new face of their franchise, so they were willing to trade their 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second-round pick (No. 42) and 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207), and a conditional second-round pick in 2024 that becomes a first-round pick if Rodgers plays 65% of snaps in 2023 for Rodgers and the Packers’ 2023 first-round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170).

So they won't get their pick back, just that it won't go from a 2nd rounder to a first.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was surprised how many people were making jokes about it. I don't like Rodgers, but that just plain sucked to see. Was looking forward to seeing that team play.
That defense is legit too. Add Rodgers, and they had a shot to finally get back to playoffs, imo. Guys getting injured isn't funny, even if it's a dewsh like Rodgers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know this is awful, but I went on two jets forums and lurked from the pre game to the injury. It was like watching Challenger. They were so excited, and in three plays...done.

Maybe there is such thing as a curse.
I've never believed in curses. But, the Jets? Damn..........could be.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I was surprised how many people were making jokes about it. I don't like Rodgers, but that just plain sucked to see. Was looking forward to seeing that team play.
That defense is legit too. Add Rodgers, and they had a shot to finally get back to playoffs, imo. Guys getting injured isn't funny, even if it's a dewsh like Rodgers.
I agree. I despise Rodgers, but I don't want to see anyone get hurt. He's not a criminal, he's a law-abiding human being with a family.

There is a bit of karma involved here. Back in 1999, in their season opener and on the same exact date, 9/11, the Jets were favored to win their division and go to the Super Bowl led by their quarterback Vinnie Testaverde. In that first game, Testaverde suffers a season ending Achilles tendon injury and the Jets subsequently augured in that season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I imagine they are going to be on the horn today looking for another QB, big time. Z. Wilson doesn't suck, but I have a hard time thinking that they believe in him fully.
The difference now is that in the past, he needed to be great for them to win. Now, he just has to be good, and avoid the stupid decisions.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Ruled out

Watched the play a couple times - just like Adams quad, I can't see how that play injured as bad as it did -

Didn't look like anything. Saw the ankle twist - and I was the same as Manning; thought it could get taped up and back in there.

Sucks for Jets fans - I haven't been following it much, but they must have had HUGE expectations for this year. Although I really have absolutely no opinion in general one way or the other with the Jets. Don't hate 'em, don't love 'em.

Funny thing is, on the FOX pregame circus this week - they had an interview with him. My wife missed it taking the dog out, but later I told her that he actually gave an interview that made me hate him less! He actually wasn't a complete douche for a couple minutes. I'd check out the hard knocks episode they were featuring about - but kinda doesn't matter now.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve never had a problem with Rodgers.

He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to retire on this….

Hard Knock curse continues…

GemCity

Reaction score
He doesn’t strike me as the type of guy to retire off of this….

But, it’s certainly a possibility.

If Rodgers was even a glimpse of his former self, they had a legit shot.

Sept 11 is simply not New Yorkers day….