Richard Sherman's greatness

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WeakBeak":25ojndo0 said:
Ill put money on it they'll take little bit less to play here
There already on championship caliber team. Just my thought.

They're 8)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2a4ofiae said:
Of course we resign him. Here are his 2 choices.

Resign with Seattle for a nice deal like 5 yr 60M that boosts his pay starting in 2014.

Try to get even more money somewhere else. If so then in 2014 instead of the raise he could get from Seattle, he'll make $645k. In addition in 2015 he could be franchised for $11-12m. He also runs the risk of injury or decreased production over that time frame, which could lead him to not getting the huge Revis like deal he might want. This would cost him $10-11m over 2014-2015 years regardless.

Of course all of this is assuming that PC/JS WANT to resign him.

Re-sign 8)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
12thManNorth":18by3k0h said:
Yea you definitely gotta think that besides MAYBE Patrick Peterson, with a full training camp & preseason there's no better DB in the league suited to be a WR. There must've been some reason they switched him at Stanford though. Regardless though, moot point discussion as it's never gonna happen

You've never heard a little bit about what happened at Stanford with him and Harbaugh?

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's only really blind optimism, but we've heard time and time again that the LoB really loves to play together, and they all hang out off the field.

I hope they take a bit less money to stay together, than more money to go to a (usually) crappy team with a lot of cap space.

The other thing I never really thought of, was that Sherman really can't stand Harbaugh. He loves shutting down his WRs and ruining his day. He might stay in the division just to tweak Harbaugh a bit more. He really can't get at ol' Jimmy if he goes somewhere else.

chris98251

Reaction score
Devilz advocate here, you have Maxwell and Lane and probably a discount on Thurmond, you can hold more players together if you let Sherman walk along with Browner and still keep a competitive secondary. How many times do you see a player cost the team with a big salary in the league as it erodes because of cap numbers. I also think the depth we have built at CB has a purpose and this could be it.

If Sherman wants to be truly be here he will sign a freindly deal that is probably under the Revis type deals, the numbers will show what he's about. He deserves a nice payday granted, but I hope he understands our system is designed to cater to the strengths he has and whom we have on the other side.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't mean to shock any of you but...

Richard Sherman is the best CB in the league...

Earl Thomas is the best safety in the league...

Thats unbiased.

LargentFan

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3cjlpx2k said:
Leading the league in INT's while being targeted the least is amazing...

I agree with this, but do we know he's the least targeted?

I ask simply because I have been trying to find that stat. I know he has to be among the least targeted, but I can't find any stats on that. If anyone has a link, I will give you an imaginary high five.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LargentFan":3ivci3uq said:
12thManNorth":3ivci3uq said:
Leading the league in INT's while being targeted the least is amazing...

I agree with this, but do we know he's the least targeted?

I ask simply because I have been trying to find that stat. I know he has to be among the least targeted, but I can't find any stats on that. If anyone has a link, I will give you an imaginary high five.

I doubt he is THE least targeted because, if you listen to his latest press conference, he expressed dismay that there were one or two CB's that were targeted less than him.