Revis: Sherman put himself ahead of the team

themunn

Reaction score
He sure is holding us back with his me-first attitude

If only we had a team player like Revis, then we could have finished bottom of our division and Sherman could be enjoying the pro bowl instead

themunn

Reaction score
"I didn't think that was good on his part," Revis told the Tampa Times. "If you listen to what the reporter asked him, it was nothing about him, it was about the team, and he put himself ahead of the team.

No, he took her through the play.

What happened: Kaepernick tried to throw a pass to a sorry receiver like Crabtree against Sherman

That was the result. And that will always be the result

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Probably true but then he apologized and gave his teammates all kinds of credit.

Can't this story just die?

drdiags

Reaction score
Revis and his supporters are still salty about the whole "Best cornerback" proclamation. Shady McCoy, another Pitt alumni and Prime were pumping Revis up as the real "Best cornerback" (though Prime is a little wishy-washy with his choices). Lot of Sherman's peers at the Pro-Bowl seem to have the same level of mocking for Sherman.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1tj2b5ar said:
Probably true but then he apologized and gave his teammates all kinds of credit.

Actually, I kind of like it. Nobody is talking about Russell "first time in the Super Bowl" Wilson, or Peyton "this may be his last chance at a ring" Manning. Sherm has deflected a lot of the media pressure of this game off of his teammates and taken it on himself.

He's sneaky. ;)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I could have sworn he ended his comments to Andrews with "LOB!" ... seems like he was thinking of his teammates.

Who knows. This whole story is so played out and beyond old at this point. I'm over it.

drdiags

Reaction score
sutz":2m8z0xlk said:
Hawkstorian":2m8z0xlk said:

Actually, I kind of like it. Nobody is talking about Russell "first time in the Super Bowl" Wilson, or Peyton "this may be his last chance at a ring" Manning. Sherm has deflected a lot of the media pressure of this game off of his teammates and taken it on himself.

He's sneaky. ;)

The real zoo is next week. Plenty of time to beat the Wilson/Peyton story to death.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Y'know what. He kinda did put himself ahead of the team, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was intentional.

Heading into Super Bowl week, one of the biggest and ugliest sports media event there is, nobody is really talking about Russell Wilson and his first Super Bowl, nobody seems interested in Marshawn Lynch. Sherman has taken all the heat and the attention off of the rest of the team and heaped it onto himself. Media day will be all about Sherm (which really should actually make him happy) and the other guys should be more or less left alone to go about their business like any other work week.

Not a bad strategy...

Basis4day

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":21fywzpm said:
I could have sworn he ended his comments to Andrews with "LOB!" ... seems like he was thinking of his teammates.

Who knows. This whole story is so played out and beyond old at this point. I'm over it.

He did. And he mentioned the team more in the 30 second bite he did right before the Erin Andrews clip that made the rounds.
Watching Mic'D up last night, it was pretty clear that Sherman was all over the place, like he normally is.

He was laughing, trash talking, smiling, celebrating. You see him hug and make sure LaMichael James was ok at the end of the game. He congratulating Quinton Patton. You saw the big hug he gave Andrews right before the interview.

But people want to take 30 seconds and paint a player a certain way. Sad really.

Axx

Reaction score
Damn revis, with all that time you're spending not preparing for the superbowl you have a ton of time critizing other plays huh?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CANHawk":2v82hmu9 said:
Y'know what. He kinda did put himself ahead of the team, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was intentional.

Heading into Super Bowl week, one of the biggest and ugliest sports media event there is, nobody is really talking about Russell Wilson and his first Super Bowl, nobody seems interested in Marshawn Lynch. Sherman has taken all the heat and the attention off of the rest of the team and heaped it onto himself. Media day will be all about Sherm (which really should actually make him happy) and the other guys should be more or less left alone to go about their business like any other work week.

Not a bad strategy...
I have been thinking this as quite possible as well CAN, particularly considering he uttered not a single swear word.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
themunn":232m2yok said:
"I didn't think that was good on his part," Revis told the Tampa Times. "If you listen to what the reporter asked him, it was nothing about him, it was about the team, and he put himself ahead of the team.

No, he took her through the play.

What happened: Kaepernick tried to throw a pass to a sorry receiver like Crabtree against Sherman

That was the result. And that will always be the result

That Play at 9 out of 10 is either complete or the WR drops the ball THAT was a freakin unbelievable play by Sherman. I wouldnt blame that on crabtree or Kaep just a purely great D play.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
CANHawk":zarlbkxj said:

Not a bad strategy...

Interesting way to think about it, but I think it's a bit of a reach. Sherman is a team first guy but he does have that diva In him, He loves settling his personal feuds in Grand fashion I don't think there's anything more to read into.

He will never be Russell Wilson, it's time for us to all embrace the entertainment and excitement our beloved diva corner brings us and stop defending him for being him.

Be interesting to see if Sherman responds though. Revis is turning into a walking contradiction...
Sherman is selfish. ... holds out for more money.
Sherman is selfish... leaves his team for more money
Sherman is selfish. .. goes to a team that doesn't fit his skill set.
Sherman is selfish. ..starts feud about being the best corner.

I can understand getting your money, but if the shoe keeps fitting, probably not a good look to say stuff like that revis.

ceej22

Reaction score
So? His actions will not prevent the team from preparing for the game and will not prevent the team from winning the game. He came out shortly after and apologized, gave his team credit, and moved on. Don't care what Revis has to say. He's been watching from his couch the last 3 weeks. When was the last time he played in the Super Bowl? I won't even give ESPN the satisfaction of clicking on that link, and I encourage others to do the same. They think they are being couy by attempting to start a locker room split...won't happen. The only unfortunate thing is if Seattle loses the media will look to blame Sherman just so they can get more clicks. ESPN is equivalent to TMZ-Sports.

253hawk

Reaction score
Revis should put himself ahead of the team because I haven't heard his name once all year until now.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It's silly that there's even a discussion between who's better : Revis or Sherman . it's obvious Sherman's the better player right now.

The stats tell us this.

Career picks:
Revis = 21 (95 games started in 7 years ) .22 picks per game or 1 pick every 4.5 games
Sherman = 20 (42 games started in 3 years) .48 picks per game or 1 pick every 2.1 games

Passes defended:
Revis = 109 total, 1.15 PD's / game
Sherman = 57 total, 1.38 PD's/ game

The advanced metrics I'd assume paint a similar story.

Latest posts