Report: AP has been indicted on negligent injury to a child

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":4kjumduk said:
RolandDeschain":4kjumduk said:
WE NEED TO KICK GOODELL FROM THE LEAGUE FOR THIS!!

Why do you love Goodell so much? I'm genuinely curious to know.

With regards to this case, I think it actually helps Goodell. It distracts the rage machine, and it gives Goodell a chance to look like a hero.
I don't, that's the thing. I understand why so many people think I do, because I'm not on the bandwagon to get rid of him, but if you read my reply to your reply about why you hate Goodell, I only agree with like half of the stuff you disagree with. *shrug*

Let me be clear, and I've said this at least twice in Goodell threads thus far, but he needs to be fired if he's lying about anything relating to Ray Rice.

I'm also annoyed by people giving passes to players for crap then being hypocrites by getting outraged once there's VIDEO.

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20fb35ja said:
I don't, that's the thing. I understand why so many people think I do, because I'm not on the bandwagon to get rid of him, but if you read my reply to your reply about why you hate Goodell, I only agree with like half of the stuff you disagree with. *shrug*

Let me be clear, and I've said this at least twice in Goodell threads thus far, but he needs to be fired if he's lying about anything relating to Ray Rice.

I'm also annoyed by people giving passes to players for crap then being hypocrites by getting outraged once there's VIDEO.

Seems like you are defending him every chance you get to me. Not that anything is wrong with that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18l12nn9 said:

This is what bothers me by the whole Rice situation. Even before I saw the video, I knew he'd hit her hard enough to knock her out in that elevator. That's no glancing blow there. The video doesn't change my perception of what happened in that elevator one bit.

The AP case here though, really did need the photos, because spanking a child is one thing, spanking him with a switch is even one thing, but those marks shown in the photographs, which he admits to making, are by far another. This is one instance where I believe the photos were a necessity to decide the severity of the case. With Ray Rice, there was no need for it to be honest

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Marvin49":1b0jw3ns said:
WilsonMVP":1b0jw3ns said:
This happened in May btw...how did it take THIS LONG for all of it to come out...MAY???? Thats a long time ago. But anyway it will be interesting to see what will come of it...even if the nfl doesnt hand down any punishment at least the vikings didnt wait for the courts to decide and did something about it.

Right....

....but they let him play last week knowing this was going on and they get credit for benching him when it goes public.

OK.

Probably because "Peterson was first ‘no billed’ by the grand jury when the prosecutor first presented this case but the District Attorney’s office took it a second time and this time the panel in Montgomery County accepted the criminal charge"

My question is how did it not go further the first time if they had all this evidence...like...wtf.....

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2cao07yw said:

This times a thousand

It pisses me off that the original Ray Rice suspension was complained about for a day by the media and now they see the punch they want to get Goddell kicked out. She was seen in original video walking into the elevator stabil and then carried out - what do people think happened? I was shocked at the outrage after the second video solely because it showed exactly what I expected.

It is like people handled this like Sharia law -- if there weren't four witnesses to the domestic abuse it doesn't matter and a slap on the wrist is acceptable. If we have it on tape then kick him out of the league forever.

I believe the fair punishment would have been to ask Rice to donate his full salary for the year, put him on the bench kept him on the 53 man roster (not dressed). It would have punished the team with a roster spot, told other players this hurts the team and hurt Rice with giving up his salary. Yet it would have given him a "home" next year because I think as despicable an act as it was it doesn't deserve a life time punishment.

I feel the same about AP if those pictures were caused by him.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2qxtahfc said:
Teen births and teen violent crimes are typically down each year even as spanking becomes socially unacceptable.

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/y ... rends.html

Corporal punishment itself isn't special. Families that spend time with their kids, educating children, and consistent punishment work every time.

I also think there's not much proof that younger generations are typically better or worse than other generations. This generation is way less racist, homophobic, and sexist than the Greatest Generation, they are better at saving money than Baby Boomers...every generation has its own set of challenges.

Anyway, I saw the pictures. If it were a swat on the butt, that's one thing. But switching a four-year-old like that is over the top.

I think that you can be a good parent if you spank your kids or a bad parent if you spank your kids. I think that you can be a good parent if you don't spank your kids or a bad parent if you don't spank your kids. Unfortunately the airwaves are about to be flooded by people who will be arguing that to be a good parent you HAVE to spank your kids, as well as people who will be arguing that to be a good parent you can NEVER spank your kids. And once again a good opportunity for dialogue will be squandered sooner or later by those in the media who only want to shout down people with whom they disagree. (Not accusing you or anyone hear of this, BTW, it's just my prediction of what will happen.)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":2puhfi1r said:
Seems like you are defending him every chance you get to me. Not that anything is wrong with that.
Well, I'd argue that a lot of those responses are more...Let's wait and see what the hell the truth is when it comes out, and don't forget to be pissed at RAY RICE more than anybody as he's the jerk-off that HIT his woman. I am seeing as much, or MORE hate directed at Goodell who, as far as we all know, is NOT a scumbag piece of crap that beats women.

A lot of people have simply lost all perspective about this whole situation, in my opinion. I might be "counter-siding" towards Goodell a bit more just because I'm annoyed with the lack of balance and honesty I feel is missing from a lot of the discussion about Goodell/the NFL/Rice the past few days around here. *shrug*

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson has been a bad father for a long time. Mostly by being absent from the lives of his many children by many women. Let's not pretend that some licks with a switch will do more damage than his absence.

I wonder why a mostly absent father thinks he can get the respect of those children by acting like a stern father in the rare moments he is around them anyway?

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":r75ns047 said:
I think that you can be a good parent if you spank your kids or a bad parent if you spank your kids. I think that you can be a good parent if you don't spank your kids or a bad parent if you don't spank your kids. Unfortunately the airwaves are about to be flooded by people who will be arguing that to be a good parent you HAVE to spank your kids, as well as people who will be arguing that to be a good parent you can NEVER spank your kids. And once again a good opportunity for dialogue will be squandered sooner or later by those in the media who only want to shout down people with whom they disagree. (Not accusing you or anyone hear of this, BTW, it's just my prediction of what will happen.)

This is a fairly good response. There are studies supporting both sides of the argument, but I think most can agree this particular situation demands recourse.

salamander

Reaction score
Peterson needs some punishment and education, but I honestly think he was just doing to his son what was done to him when he was young. I really hope we don't all have to bring out our pitch forks for him too.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Adrian will be suspended for a year at least. Lacerations to the kids butt, hands and nuts...yeah, nuts. And the kid saying this happens all the time and Adrian has a "whooping room."

This to me is far worse than what Ray Rice did.

Reaction score
salamander":vh356xdw said:
Peterson needs some punishment and education, but I honestly think he was just doing to his son what was done to him when he was young. I really hope we don't all have to bring out our pitch forks for him too.

So you get raped as a child and that somehow gives you a free pass on raping as an adult? People get your head out of your azz' s. He deserves MORE than what Rice got. How in the world can anyone condone what he did to a 4 year old? This is not a case of a spanking to discipline the child, this was a whipping carried out by a physically imposing man on a little toddler not even of kindergarten age, he whipped the child's back, legs, arms, butt and even, as Adrian said to the child's Mother, I accidentally got him in his nuts too....WHAT the hell! And now reports that he had stuffed the kids mouth full of leaves prior to the beating.....just think about that for a minute and tell me that it isn't as bad as the Rice incident. IMO, it is 100 time worse than what that spineless Rice did. AP needs to get the out of the league and never show his abusive face in public again.....scumbag in the first degree.

OP
OP
nsport

nsport

Reaction score
valleyflyfisher":1na5iifo said:
And now reports that he had stuffed the kids mouth full of leaves prior to the beating.....just think about that for a minute and tell me that it isn't as bad as the Rice incident. IMO, it is 100 time worse than what that spineless Rice did. AP needs to get the F out of the league and never show his abusive face in public again.....scumbag in the first degree.

The whole leaves in the mouth thing is additionally degrading which is also mentally abusive. What a sorry excuse for a human. I admit to losing my cool in front of my kid, but this stuff with AP is all premeditated bull crap and deserves a punishment through the legal system. The boy doesn't have a choice and doesn't stand a chance.

hawk45

Reaction score
kearly":1jol2bnj said:
kidhawk":1jol2bnj said:
I didn't mean to imply that you were against his punishment, I was replying to the part where you said that there are those that are pro and those that are anti spanking and that would factor into the debate. I was just being clear that even though I'm pro spanking, this was too far and is deserving of punishment.

As for the Rice situation, it was definitely worse. I fully believe that Peterson was disciplined in a similar manner and felt that he was just being a good parent. he needs to learn the lesson though that it wasn't good parenting and the fact that he seems to continue to believe what he did was ok tells me he needs punishing. Ray Rice literally knocked his fiance out in an elevator. There's no excuse for that (not that there is one for what Peterson did).

I think it's safe to say that most can agree both were wrong and both need to be held responsible for their actions

I agree 100%.

I was just talking about how people react emotionally. Some will react more emotionally than others. Just look at this thread.

You both are spot on that reactions differ.

I have a MUCH stronger reaction to this. I suspect many parents will as they picture their kid in the situation.

With that as a backdrop, I just go nuts, and I don't feel it's a gimme at all that Rice did worse. She was defenseless compared to him, yes. But she was an adult, with a helluva lot more in the way of defense and choice than a 4 year old kid who worships his absentee Dad. She continues to exercise that choice to be around him, and no way is that the first time he's raised hands to her. She isn't to blame, he is, but she at least has had opportunity to avoid harm and not exercised that option.

That kid was probably over the moon at just seeing his Dad. If there is a bigger disparity of power on the planet than that situation I don't know what it is.

See, I'm getting emotional here and proving your point. We're all in agreement f** both of these scumbags with a rusty chainsaw.

salamander

Reaction score
valleyflyfisher":1dtfuasx said:
salamander":1dtfuasx said:

So you get raped as a child and that somehow gives you a free pass on raping as an adult? People get your head out of your azz' s. He deserves MORE than what Rice got. How in the world can anyone condone what he did to a 4 year old? This is not a case of a spanking to discipline the child, this was a whipping carried out by a physically imposing man on a little toddler not even of kindergarten age, he whipped the child's back, legs, arms, butt and even, as Adrian said to the child's Mother, I accidentally got him in his nuts too....WHAT the hell! And now reports that he had stuffed the kids mouth full of leaves prior to the beating.....just think about that for a minute and tell me that it isn't as bad as the Rice incident. IMO, it is 100 time worse than what that spineless Rice did. AP needs to get the F out of the league and never show his abusive face in public again.....scumbag in the first degree.

This isn't rape first of all; thats a complete false equivalency. If this was how he was regularly disciplined as a child I could easily see him doing it to his kid. Especially since he turned out to be a famous multimillionaire. He probably thought "what worked for me will work for him". It's not an excuse, its an explanation. Just because people don't act this way in your circle doesn't mean its not normal behavior in others. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson and other will learn from this.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1whgetiq said:
You both are spot on that reactions differ.

I have a MUCH stronger reaction to this. I suspect many parents will as they picture their kid in the situation.

With that as a backdrop, I just go nuts, and I don't feel it's a gimme at all that Rice did worse. She was defenseless compared to him, yes. But she was an adult, with a helluva lot more in the way of defense and choice than a 4 year old kid who worships his absentee Dad. She continues to exercise that choice to be around him, and no way is that the first time he's raised hands to her. She isn't to blame, he is, but she at least has had opportunity to avoid harm and not exercised that option.

That kid was probably over the moon at just seeing his Dad. If there is a bigger disparity of power on the planet than that situation I don't know what it is.

See, I'm getting emotional here and proving your point. We're all in agreement f** both of these scumbags with a rusty chainsaw.

I can easily see how this can be considered worse. The only reason I'm saying that I think the Rice situation was worse is that there was malice involved in what he did. I don't know as of now, that there was any malice in the AP situation. It was definitely wrong and it was definitely abuse, but I don't think he picked up the switch thinking "I want to hurt this child" whereas Rice had to have intent to hurt when he closed his fist and swung.

both situations are bad and both deserve severe discipline from the league and the justice system, but I think intent has to be taken into account here. At least for me.

I would rather neither one of these situations ever happened.

hawk45

Reaction score
salamander":hxqlktj0 said:
valleyflyfisher":hxqlktj0 said:
salamander":hxqlktj0 said:

So you get raped as a child and that somehow gives you a free pass on raping as an adult? People get your head out of your azz' s. He deserves MORE than what Rice got. How in the world can anyone condone what he did to a 4 year old? This is not a case of a spanking to discipline the child, this was a whipping carried out by a physically imposing man on a little toddler not even of kindergarten age, he whipped the child's back, legs, arms, butt and even, as Adrian said to the child's Mother, I accidentally got him in his nuts too....WHAT the hell! And now reports that he had stuffed the kids mouth full of leaves prior to the beating.....just think about that for a minute and tell me that it isn't as bad as the Rice incident. IMO, it is 100 time worse than what that spineless Rice did. AP needs to get the F out of the league and never show his abusive face in public again.....scumbag in the first degree.

This isn't rape first of all; thats a complete false equivalency. If this was how he was regularly disciplined as a child I could easily see him doing it to his kid. Especially since he turned out to be a famous multimillionaire. He probably thought "what worked for me will work for him". It's not an excuse, its an explanation. Just because people don't act this way in your circle doesn't mean its not normal behavior in others. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson and other will learn from this.

Yeah that's an explanation alright, one that makes not one bit of difference to any parent who doesn't travel in circles like that, and you are not going to find many in this day and age that do, and I'm a registered spanker.

If by learn his lesson you mean go to jail and lose his cushy job then we hope for the same things. Some things you don't get to learn the easy way, his kid sure didn't get the easy way, I give crap-all for his motivations or how okay he thought it was. That sort of explanation doesn't even fly when we're talking about people who use racist words nowadays for Pete's sake, damn sure doesn't fly here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Lxx":2suh030g said:
this should get moved to the shack.

Feel free to open up a shack thread. I'm sure it will be a popular topic there, but that's a separate area and I think this deserves to stay in the open where everyone can read it and stay on top of the situation.