Re: KJ Wright Signs 4 year extension UPDATED WITH BREAKDOWN

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pehawk":26gxxrdk said:
Zebulon Dak":26gxxrdk said:
I think it's of utmost importance to keep K Jay and Silent Bobby together. Sure they're good on their own, but together? They're great.

I imagined you saying that and leaping upward like Tony the Tiger.

I actually thought it like that too. Plight of our generation, I suppose.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":32nt26y9 said:
pehawk":32nt26y9 said:
High fives to Hawksfan77 and Twisted, good shit. Appreciated.
We're all Hawk fans here :th2thumbs:

No, not really. Scotte, Vols, and Zebulon are all about the Bengals. Solid contributers though.

kidhawk

Reaction score
as far as budgeting the cap goes, besides the fact that the cap is rising, we also currently have over $17 million in dead money on the books. Next year we only have a current number of $7 million in dead money.

Obviously there will be some cuts in the off season that will add to this, but I don't see any big money cuts that will add a ton to it. I wouldn't be surprised to see there being enough money in saved dead space to cover Wright's contract next year without counting any increase in the cap (which can be used for Wilson/Wagner)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Looks like KPL will replace Malcolm and not KJ

I like this move a lot. KJ stinks at MLB but is really good at his natural position.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1wylvjt2 said:
gowazzu02":1wylvjt2 said:
my last post on the topic. to those that dont like the deal, thats fair your welcome to your on opinion. Ill just say I trust JS and pc.........
percy-harvin.jpg

Ok so i lied that wasn't my last post.. Do I expect them to be perfect? No. I can find other mistakes of various levels. But go find me a team that makes zero mistakes, that hits on picks like this organization does and has been as close to back to back super bowl apperances? Ill wait.......................

Why do you need to bash this organization right now? This is the absolute pinacle of the franchise. They have never been to this level and you feel the need to bash. I honestly feel sorry for you you can't enjoy this.

pehawk

Reaction score
One thing this does it further Seattle as a destination which takes care of their guys. That reputation is key to the program considering Seattle's usually an undesirable FA destination.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":31func0n said:
One thing this does it further Seattle as a destination which takes care of their guys. That reputation is key to the program considering Seattle's usually an undesirable FA destination.
REALLY good point man. It's going to become a FA destination if it hasn't already.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 9m9 minutes ago
Important thing to remember for the KJ extension is that it does not mean the Seahawks now can't afford Wagner. They can.

rcaido

Reaction score
We should be using the money on the OL...

pehawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1tezkdxu said:
SomersetHawk":1tezkdxu said:
If true, I'll go full Blitzer/Tokadub on this thread.

Not sure what you are trying to say here.........

He wants to be handsome for a day, that's all he meant.

sc85sis

Reaction score
rcaido":35b02iw9 said:
We should be using the money on the OL...
Well, if we do like people here want and draft one or two o-lineman, they will not be making anywhere near what we'd pay by extending KJ or anyone else on the team. The CBA limits what rookies get paid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":i6t2abe4 said:
Of all our LB's Wright has been the worst and in a tie with Smith for the least impactful player at LB on the team..

What Bizarro KJ Wright are you watching?

Dude has 65 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles this year. He's an upper tier Outside LB that paired with Bobby has the speed and coverage ability to not only give Irvin the freedom to rush the passer, but allows Kam to smash people in the box, as opposed to what most strong safeties do, chase TE's around the field for four quarters. Wright makes this happen, not Wagner.

And this doesn't preclude us from signing BOTH Wagner and Avril.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think a lot of us need to re-adjust what "a lot" of money in the NFL is. The salary cap has gone up so much recently and is due to go up even more, 7 million/year isn't nearly as much as it sounds like anymore. Remember when Favre signed for 10 million a year? That's peanuts for a QB now. I seriously doubt KJ will be counting 7 million against the cap each year, anyway.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":prbxj7zm said:
Very true, Vols, I just know we can't keep them all, and Irvin and Wags will be free to negotiate very soon. Irvin is likely to have his 5th year option taken by the Hawks. Now I think Avril walks, because that is a lot of cash to lock up in the defense without getting lopsided.

I worry about that, too. Maybe that's why they moved on Wright during the season, before any official cap increase numbers came out. We lock him into an OLB contract for realistic current numbers instead of for inflated "fresh cap money" numbers.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think this also means they think Marsh can take Avril's spot.