RBs, draft picks, and a rock and a hard place.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2nt2uzna said:
Maybe that should be have rephrased.

But let me ask you....you are going into your first day at a new job in a new city for a position of dire need.

What excuses coming into camp overweight and out of shape if it is not work ethic? Many players go to special camps BEFORE they show up to camp in order to be in the best possible shape.

People with a strong work ethic in a physical sport report in shape and ready to produce. People would take the time instead to play video games in 14 hour stretches, probably are not as motivated.

Your pet peeve is noted and if he was injured, it would make sense. But if he was healthy and he reported in the shape being discussed - that is a work ethic issue. People committed to the game shouldn't let themselves get that far out of shape.

Again you don't know that he was out of shape. I've not seen any reports from the Seahawks or the player saying he was out of shape. He had extra pounds but a lot of guys take off weight to get a good 40 time then put on weight to deal with the rigors of NFL. You don't know whether his motivation was that or he just likes sitting around eating Doritos.

It's just generally gossip-mongering to make such strongly biased inferences from minimal information. If you are going to make strongly negative statements about a human being, quote your sources and back it up with first hand information. Otherwise its hearsay and slander.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Slander?

You know I am a big Penny backer right?

I have been in his corner since before the draft. The articles were upsetting but not a deal breaker.

We needed him. He just hasn't produced.

So to be clear, you are now defending him against one of his bigger fans? You know those articles are all available on Google right? Some were on freaking Field Gulls. I read up on the guy because I want to know how he is doing or why he isn't - not because I have an axe to grind.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't know about trading penny right now. I do not like his effort compared to Davis or Carson but I guess he's better than Lacy if those 2 both go down. I'm not convinced he's better than cmike at this stage of things but he's what we have.

I do hope we continue to pick up later round backs so we might avoid paying for penny. RBBC with a third option for injury mitigation seems viable going forward if solari continues as he has been going.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You cannot demand the workload we do of our 2 backs, and have nothing there if either goes down.

We will need him.

Trading him would not be that helpful.