Ray Rice wins appeal, eligible to play in NFL again

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
WASHINGTON — Ray Rice, a former Baltimore Ravens running back who was banned indefinitely from the NFL after a shocking video surfaced of him hitting his wife, has won an appeal to play in the league again, according to reports.

It is not yet known if a team in the league would sign the three-time Pro Bowl player.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who had originally given Rice a two-game ban, increased the suspension after viewing the video. Rice appealed his indefinite suspension earlier this year.

This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/538419279973318656[/tweet]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1xdr0apd said:
WASHINGTON — Ray Rice, a former Baltimore Ravens running back who was banned indefinitely from the NFL after a shocking video surfaced of him hitting his wife, has won an appeal to play in the league again, according to reports.

It is not yet known if a team in the league would sign the three-time Pro Bowl player.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who had originally given Rice a two-game ban, increased the suspension after viewing the video. Rice appealed his indefinite suspension earlier this year.

This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Interesting. I am okay with it given he is getting help and a person should have a chance to practice their livelyhood if they are willing to make changes for the better.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I would be shocked too see any team pick him up at this point of the Season. I do expect him to be signed somewhere over the off season but that is just my guess.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope he still sues the league, seeing as he was suspended both before the new policy was enacted, and double the first offense 6 games mandated by that policy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Without the ability to read the actual court transcript, and just going by reports quoting the (female) judge, I would say Rice is in a very favorable position if suing the league is in his plans. What I learned is that like most of us, the judge felt Goodell is full of shit and acted inappropriately in an attempt to save face. Sometimes cases like this get settled with a gentleman's agreement that one party won't come back to sue the other, instead letting sleeping dogs lie, moving forward for the betterment of all involved. I hope that's not the case here.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":4ggfv3of said:
I would be shocked too see any team pick him up at this point of the Season. I do expect him to be signed somewhere over the off season but that is just my guess.

Shocked - why?

If Denver thinks he helps them win the Super Bowl AND they have him for next year then why would they not sign him?

The backlash next year will be the same as this year.

Not signing him will add collusion to the upcoming lawsuit...

mikeak

Reaction score
If you are Ray Rice then I would say you look at

1) Denver

2) Pitt just because...

Latest posts