Rawls Passes Physical. Off PUP

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/762386706767110144[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wonder how much this has to do with him actually being ready versus all the running backs who keep going down. Not saying they were rushing him because of it so much as I wonder if they were just holding him out as a luxury.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkGA":ua4nul2t said:
Wonder how much this has to do with him actually being ready versus all the running backs who keep going down. Not saying they were rushing him because of it so much as I wonder if they were just holding him out as a luxury.

He had to pass a physical to come off PUP and they're holding him out of practice. I don't think the rb situation has anything to do with it.

sutz

Reaction score
Bit early in camp for those kind of games, I think. I imagine they will be treating Rawls with kid gloves the first few practices in any event. Nice to see him coming back, though.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I see Rawls practicing before the Dallas game (3rd game of Preseason) and getting two series in that game and that's about it for Pre-Season action....I don't see him active and dressed for KC or game 2 in preseason either.

sutz

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":2ad9e5bq said:
I see Rawls practicing before the Dallas game (3rd game of Preseason) and getting two series in that game and that's about it for Pre-Season action....I don't see him active and dressed for KC or game 2 in preseason either.
He might practice. Just give him a red shirt. :)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I approve of this message. Wooo! Great news.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I believe they are in no hurry to just plug him in, he still needs to work on his conditioning before getting back up to full speed.
I can't think of any good reason for him to be taking any unnecessary hits in some meaningless pre-season games.
I want him at 100% in game ONE of regular season.
We all know what he's capable of...It's now time for the Rookies to get some >show me< reps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

And Voila!, Collins showing some 'Get The Hell After It'---- Rawls easing his way back ---- are we finally going to see some RB by committee? :irishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice. BIG BAWLS RAWLS! Let's get him back on the field!

kearly

Reaction score
I hope he gets at least a few carries this preseason. He needs to get those sea legs back especially since the OL has had a ton of turnover since his last game.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
MenacingFrighteningAchillestang.gif

KABOOM!

kearly

Reaction score
My brother put it perfectly, Rawls runs like he's always using the sprint button in Madden.

ACFan

Reaction score
HawkGA":1bgufu5e said:

NewJerseyHawk":1bgufu5e said:

My question is can either C-Mike or AC do enough in preseason to warrant a day 1 start?

Look good enough that keeping Rawls on a slower comeback track would seem wise?

Maybe, maybe not. I hope AC gets plenty of work with the ones the next 3 weeks, once he gets his hands on the ball in games this could start to become a more relevant question.

ACFan

Reaction score
kearly":2c8so4i8 said:
My brother put it perfectly, Rawls runs like he's always using the sprint button in Madden.

good description. he runs all out with reckless abandon, over extends.

if he can have the same mentality he had before his injury, he'll probably run for a lot of yards again, hopefully he'll avoid injury.

ACFan

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2doe7dqy said:

good run, but he could have avoided the head contact with a good stiff arm. (see avatar)

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkGA":4i0k74o7 said:

I'd say it has little or nothing at all to do with it. They signed camp legs and can run with those guys until Brooks and Prosise come back, which should be about a week. If Prosise takes longer, I can see them IR'ing him.

Collins has impressed. Rawls is back. Brooks has looked good.

Lets' not forget about Christine Michael. The coaching staff has raved about him so far, and he's athletically comparable to Adrian Peterson. He could end up being more dynamic than anyone we have. Where's Prosise going to fit if we lose him the entire TC and a good chunk of the preseason ?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Encouraging. PC said today they will ease him back in slowly, beginning Tuesday. Also said Procise will start easing in by the end of the week.