Status
Not open for further replies.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":303vsbiq said:
rideaducati":303vsbiq said:
hawknation2015":303vsbiq said:
Hawkpower":303vsbiq said:
Why do you keep arguing about Tavaris Jackson?

He isnt the alternative to Wilson. This isnt Wilson OR Tavaris for gods sake.

For a backup, he is pretty good, but he wouldnt be who we bank on if Wilson walks.

:13:

Because I have people trying to tell me that the Seahawks could/would win 11 games with him. They wouldn't/couldn't.
Please quit trying to tell me he is a good backup. The ONLY reason people "think" he is a good backup is because we haven't seen him play since 2011 and people actually forget just how awful he was.

Ok, lets assume that they couldnt win 11 games with Tavaris. What does that have to do with Russ and his contract?

BTW, most backups in this league arent good. Thats why they are backups. Tavaris, rated as the fifth best backup, is just fine in that role. Your insistence in proving otherwise seems odd.

Tarvaris has nothing to do with Russell Wilson's contract. I didn't bring him up, I am just pointing out how wrong you guys are. I find it more odd that people actually believe that Tarvaris is actually the fifth best backup QB in the league. Especially after seeing him play.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
:13:[/quote]

Because I have people trying to tell me that the Seahawks could/would win 11 games with him. They wouldn't/couldn't.
Please quit trying to tell me he is a good backup. The ONLY reason people "think" he is a good backup is because we haven't seen him play since 2011 and people actually forget just how awful he was.[/quote]

Ok, lets assume that they couldnt win 11 games with Tavaris. What does that have to do with Russ and his contract?

BTW, most backups in this league arent good. Thats why they are backups. Tavaris, rated as the fifth best backup, is just fine in that role. Your insistence in proving otherwise seems odd.[/quote]

Tarvaris has nothing to do with Russell Wilson's contract. I didn't bring him up, I am just pointing out how wrong you guys are. I find it more odd that people actually believe that Tarvaris is actually the fifth best backup QB in the league. Especially after seeing him play.[/quote]

Well, thank you so much for educating us about how wrong we all are. Im sure ESPN appreciates the correction as well.

Perhaps you could list the 25-30 back up QB's that are better, and an accompanying analysis explaining your reasoning so we can be even further educated.

There has to be more to the Tavaris anger. Did he kick your dog? I dont know if I have ever seen this much energy directed towards a back up QB before :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3cy4lmlg said:
Well, thank you so much for educating us about how wrong we all are. Im sure ESPN appreciates the correction as well.

Perhaps you could list the 25-30 back up QB's that are better, and an accompanying analysis explaining your reasoning so we can be even further educated.

There has to be more to the Tavaris anger. Did he kick your dog? I dont know if I have ever seen this much energy directed towards a back up QB before :)

I hate to break it to you, but ESPN has been wrong before...I know, hard to believe right? That ranking of backup QBs was ONE PERSON'S opinion, and again, I hate to break it to you, but Clayton HAS been wrong before too. GASP! I know, hard for YOU to believe. You could just include every QB on Clayton's list and insert Tarvaris above Johnny Manziel and the list would be close enough. No analysis needed because the list is SUBJECTIVE, which means that is my OPINION.

Seeing how highly you value John Clayton's OPINION, why do you believe that Tarvaris could win more than the 8 games Clayton thinks he could win if he were to start all 16 games? I mean, he DID go on an ESPN radio station and say that, and according to your post, ESPN will appreciate your correction too.

I am not angry with Tarvaris. I'm sure he is a great guy just from listening to his teammates, but on the field, he is just plain bad. Yet, as bad as he IS, people like you keep telling me he is really good and top their reasoning off by quoting the 28th best QB rating in his best year and wins by another QB in another as to why he is good. Well, neither of those stats make Tarvaris look even average and I am just pointing out the mistakes of others believing those numbers make him look good.

I tell you what, you quit trying to tell me that Tarvaris is good and I won't reply and tell you how wrong you are. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rideaducati":3u4mr5ov said:
Hawkpower":3u4mr5ov said:

I hate to break it to you, but ESPN has been wrong before...I know, hard to believe right? That ranking of backup QBs was ONE PERSON'S opinion, and again, I hate to break it to you, but Clayton HAS been wrong before too. GASP! I know, hard for YOU to believe. You could just include every QB on Clayton's list and insert Tarvaris above Johnny Manziel and the list would be close enough. No analysis needed because the list is SUBJECTIVE, which means that is my OPINION.

Seeing how highly you value John Clayton's OPINION, why do you believe that Tarvaris could win more than the 8 games Clayton thinks he could win if he were to start all 16 games? I mean, he DID go on an ESPN radio station and say that, and according to your post, ESPN will appreciate your correction too.

I am not angry with Tarvaris. I'm sure he is a great guy just from listening to his teammates, but on the field, he is just plain bad. Yet, as bad as he IS, people like you keep telling me he is really good and top their reasoning off by quoting the 28th best QB rating in his best year and wins by another QB in another as to why he is good. Well, neither of those stats make Tarvaris look even average and I am just pointing out the mistakes of others believing those numbers make him look good.

I tell you what, you quit trying to tell me that Tarvaris is good and I won't reply and tell you how wrong you are. :th2thumbs:

Are you saying you would rate TJack as the 10th best backup QB in the league (the nine QBs on Clayton's list, then Tarvaris, and then erratic Manziel)?

That sounds a lot different than "ANY QB could win some games for the Seahawks and I would argue MOST would be better than Tarvaris. Disagree all you want and I'll still argue. Tarvaris S.U.C.K.S. sucks."

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1iw3kvq0 said:
rideaducati":1iw3kvq0 said:
Hawkpower":1iw3kvq0 said:

Are you saying you would rate TJack as the 10th best backup QB in the league (the nine QBs on Clayton's list, then Tarvaris, and then erratic Manziel)?

That sounds a lot different than "ANY QB could win some games for the Seahawks and I would argue MOST would be better than Tarvaris. Disagree all you want and I'll still argue. Tarvaris S.U.C.K.S. sucks."

I guess I should look at the list past the fifth ranking then. I stopped reading it there because it was so laughable. I'll go back and look and get back to you because yes, Tarvaris S.U.C.K.S. sucks.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rideaducati":22tweb3m said:
Hawkpower":22tweb3m said:

To paraphrase, all other opinions (including guys who do this for a living) are wrong, mine is right. Would have saved you about 4 paragraphs.

Still cant believe someone out there cares enough to devote this much passion to Tavaris Fricken Jackson lol.

Im sure he is flattered :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2c3pl8by said:
rideaducati":2c3pl8by said:
Hawkpower":2c3pl8by said:

To paraphrase, all other opinions (including guys who do this for a living) are wrong, mine is right. Would have saved you about 4 paragraphs.

Still cant believe someone out there cares enough to devote this much passion to Tavaris Fricken Jackson lol.

Guys who do this for a living told me that Colin Kaepernick and RGIII were going to be great not too long ago too. I disagreed with them back when they said that too. Were they more right than I was back then?

Maybe I should be a lemming and just agree with everyone that gets paid at ESPN and not have my own opinions because they are ALWAYS right...right? What a stupid argument. I never said "all other opinions" are wrong, but in this case, they could be. Hopefully Tarvaris never plays again so you guys never have to find out what I already know.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rideaducati":3c5j1d9z said:
Hawkpower":3c5j1d9z said:
rideaducati":3c5j1d9z said:
Hawkpower":3c5j1d9z said:

Guys who do this for a living told me that Colin Kaepernick and RGIII were going to be great not too long ago too. I disagreed with them back when they said that too. Were they more right than I was back then?

Maybe I should be a lemming and just agree with everyone that gets paid at ESPN and not have my own opinions because they are ALWAYS right...right? What a stupid argument. I never said "all other opinions" are wrong, but in this case, they could be. Hopefully Tarvaris never plays again so you guys never have to find out what I already know.

Well, again, with that kind of insight, we are so thankful you are here.

Hopefully next week we can get a three page thread fired up about our long snapper.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1dc8y4mp said:

Hopefully next week we can get a three page thread fired up about our long snapper.

I'm thankful you are here too. Who else makes it so easy to win arguments?

I won't get into your long snapper thread, I'm sure you'll let ESPN tell you what you think.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rideaducati":2g4gfdyr said:
Hawkpower":2g4gfdyr said:

I won't get into your long snapper thread, I'm sure you'll let ESPN tell you what you think.

"Tarvaris sucks" is not exactly a courageous stand to take. Let's hope Russell Wilson doesn't get hurt this year. If he does, then Tarvaris will get his chance to prove your opinion wrong. :th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2tu7mc1m said:
rideaducati":2tu7mc1m said:
Hawkpower":2tu7mc1m said:

"Tarvaris sucks" is not exactly a courageous stand to take. Let's hope Russell Wilson doesn't get hurt this year. If he does, then Tarvaris will get his chance to prove your opinion wrong. :th2thumbs:

:thirishdrinkers: Here's to Russell not getting hurt.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rideaducati":1x0r0u13 said:
hawknation2015":1x0r0u13 said:
rideaducati":1x0r0u13 said:
Hawkpower":1x0r0u13 said:

:thirishdrinkers: Here's to Russell not getting hurt.

Cheers to that, brother.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rideaducati":2j6qinu0 said:
Hawkpower":2j6qinu0 said:

You won an argument? With me?

Well, congrats!!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":tmzrths7 said:
rideaducati":tmzrths7 said:
Hawkpower":tmzrths7 said:

You won an argument? With me?

Well, congrats!!

Thank you. I know you pulled a Greg Roman and held back your full playbook for when we meet again. :th2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Not sure how we arrived at TJack.I certainly don't think he would be able to fill RW shoes and probaly nobody can.As for my earlier posts.Someone argued that we can't win just with a great D.I agree and should have said a good RB also is required.Good coaching and a game manager that doesn't make too many dumb turnovers is also required.I just don't agree with making the team weaker on both sides of the ball for one player.I'm sorry I can't see a good result coming from that.I know I'm not alone.GO HAWKS!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
rideaducati":3myqou5o said:
Throwing your opinion out there is opening it up for criticism and people have simply responded to your opinion with dissenting opinions. That's fair, right?

I think you are underrating TJack on a couple of fronts. His performance in 2011 was not good enough to take us to the playoffs, but in the grand comparison of Seahawk QB seasons it wasn't nearly as bad as you are suggesting.

2011 was his first season with the team (new personnel) and there was an NFL lockout through the end of July. He basically had a single month to get to know his receivers. Speaking of receivers; Butler started the season on the PUP, Obo started just 6 games that year, Lockette was just making the team as a raw UDFA ST player, Tate was still working on his route running, and Miller had just signed in August of that year.

The season was also significantly impacted by both TJack's pec injury in week 5 but also Okung's pec injury later in the year. We started off with two ugly opening losses where both the offense and the defense played poorly, then split two close home games. We won on the road in NY but TJack tore his pec during the game and had to skip the very ugly CBJ start in Cleveland. He came in hurt against the Bengals out of desperation when the game was already getting out of hand and played hurt again in a loss against the Cowboys the following week. If you want to talk about bad backup QBs, CBJ is the guy you should be talking about as the coaches opted to play TJack with a torn pec instead in those two games.

After that our team actually looked pretty good for a while winning five of the next six to get back into playoff contention. We lost the last two division games by razor thin margins, including that final OT loss vs. Arizona where TJack threw the TD bomb to Lockette in the fourth quarter to push it to OT but also killed a few drives with under thrown passes.

Finally, TJack has been in Bevell's system for a long time. That is valuable for a backup QB because it minimizes the reps they need in training camp and lets the starter get as much of the work as possible.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rapoport: Wilson's agent likely to end contract talks so

That is the title

Not TJack is not a good back up!

Thread Locked off topic long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.