Rams owner buys 60 acres of land near Hollywood Park

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
OrFan":3p1685c3 said:
The Radish":3p1685c3 said:
Is 60 acres enough to build a stadium + parking?

:les:

I'm now remembering a 40 acre section my family farmed in Chewelah and looking at that I'm thinkin that's pretty tight.

Plus they would need a training facility. Not enough at all for both of those.
Why? Total acreage that the Seahawks have for training and the stadium/parking (that they own outright) is well under 60 acres. Sorry, but 60 acres is way more than enough.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LA is to the NFL as Seattle is to the NBA. An excellent leverage tool for strong arming cities to bend to their will on stadium issues.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":33smaw5l said:
Sooo...no one's going to mention that the area is meant for a soccer team?
You buy that? They may actually put a soccer team there, but I still think it's a way to strongarm STL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1cl62aj1 said:
Sarlacc83":1cl62aj1 said:
You buy that? They may actually put a soccer team there, but I still think it's a way to strongarm STL.

I understand that aspect, but a soccer team in Los Angeles is bound to be more profitable than an NFL team that no one there wants.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Rams be the team to move to LA. Cut down a little travel for the Seahawks, get away from a 10 am game, keep the West really the West.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2vvpsl8g said:
Scottemojo":2vvpsl8g said:
Sarlacc83":2vvpsl8g said:

I understand that aspect, but a soccer team in Los Angeles is bound to be more profitable than an NFL team that no one there wants.
Isn't there already a soccer team in LA?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2unuz963 said:
Sarlacc83":2unuz963 said:
Scottemojo":2unuz963 said:
Sarlacc83":2unuz963 said:

Isn't there already a soccer team in LA?

2 of them actually. (Chivas is the other, but they suck and no one watches them.) The thinking must be that since London has 5 Premiere League teams, the LA area can handle 3.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":tf5uivrt said:
2 of them actually. (Chivas is the other, but they suck and no one watches them.) The thinking must be that since London has 5 Premiere League teams, the LA area can handle 3.

From what I understand is that Chivas's lease is up at the end of this year and the owners may be looking to sell. It is not out of the realm of possibility for Kroenke to buy the team and rebrand the team as the LA Gunners (Arsenal's nickname in England).

As far as the Rams are concerned, while I am not ruling out them moving to LA, there are a lot of hurdles they have to pass - most notably, the relocation fee (which could be north of $500 million) and if Kroenke wants to build a stadium there, he is looking at financing the stadium for over $1 bil, closer to $1.5 bil, so you are talking realistically about a $1.5- $2 bil investment to move the team. I realize that LA is a big market, but in a league where a majority of revenues are shared, he is probably better off staying in St Louis and building a stadium here with the public's help (something he will not get in LA). Just my 2 cents

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Makes more geographical sense have them in LA, will save us some travel miles and a 10 am start every year.

lucky49

Reaction score
Rams moving to LA would be really good for the whole division lol

OrFan

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2p8zrea9 said:
OrFan":2p8zrea9 said:
The Radish":2p8zrea9 said:
Is 60 acres enough to build a stadium + parking?

:les:

I'm now remembering a 40 acre section my family farmed in Chewelah and looking at that I'm thinkin that's pretty tight.

Plus they would need a training facility. Not enough at all for both of those.
Why? Total acreage that the Seahawks have for training and the stadium/parking (that they own outright) is well under 60 acres. Sorry, but 60 acres is way more than enough.

You're right. I looked to see, and the stadium, parking, and training facility only take up about 55 acres. I live in the middle of nowhere and we consider 60 acres as being tiny. It just seemed like it would take more than that.