Rams injure Lion during kneel down play

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Polaris":2ifkh4uy said:
Fisher has gone full Schiano.
Yep. And he should follow suit and be shunned by the league.

He said his players took it on themselves. But they did it twice. So if he didn't want it done, why not instruct them to stop after the first time? Because he's a lying sack of crap.

After the game he said, "it’s unlikely it’ll happen again." Unlikely? What kind of wishy-washy BS is that? If you're the head coach and you don't want something happening you say "this WON'T happen again."

Fisher acts like he's just living through his players, clinging to the glory days of his playing career. Like, "Man, if I were still out there I'd go after that jerk's knees myself."

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Asked about it Monday, Rams head coach

Jeff Fisher passed the buck and placed the blame on his players,"

Ruminator

Reaction score
No wonder they're always 8-8 or thereabouts. Their dependency on brutal plays on D to try to help the team be competitive ends up hurting and wearing them down too. Has to be pretty demoralizing for them by around Week 12 of every year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Largent80":ktw62ynb said:
I think a team should be able to crash the line like that during a "kill the clock" formation. There is always a chance of a fumble, and it is a play in an NFL game.

Until they make yet another rule change to say otherwise, this is and should be legal for every team.

Agreed. I don't mind it.

Didn't we do it to the Pats in the SB after the INT?

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":7s8s84zf said:
Largent80":7s8s84zf said:
I think a team should be able to crash the line like that during a "kill the clock" formation. There is always a chance of a fumble, and it is a play in an NFL game.

Until they make yet another rule change to say otherwise, this is and should be legal for every team.

Agreed. I don't mind it.

I didn't care for it there either, but context is required. Right after the interception, New England got the ball on their own one yard line. There wasn't room to do a kneel-down without giving up a safety and giving seattle a free kick with a time out and just possibly enough time for Seattle to pull out one last drive.

Of course that didn't happen, but it didn't happen because of some boneheaded penalties by our own guys at the very end. Trying to get that safety in the case of New England having the ball on it's own one is IMHO justified. The game hasn't been decided yet.

After the penalty, I thought it was chump even when we did it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Polaris":240g2rsb said:
Hawk-Lock":240g2rsb said:
Largent80":240g2rsb said:

Agreed. I don't mind it.

I didn't care for it there either, but context is required. Right after the interception, New England got the ball on their own one yard line. There wasn't room to do a kneel-down without giving up a safety and giving seattle a free kick with a time out and just possibly enough time for Seattle to pull out one last drive.

Of course that didn't happen, but it didn't happen because of some boneheaded penalties by our own guys at the very end. Trying to get that safety in the case of New England having the ball on it's own one is IMHO justified. The game hasn't been decided yet.

Causing a T/O there would have likely changed the outcome of the game. You can bet they were going to try and force a T/O. It would be dumb not to.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
There's also something to be said for it being the Super Bowl and not a regular season game. I mean, it's not even like it was a regular season game against the Seahawks, which is the Rams' Super Bowl.

But I'll go back to what was done: I don't think you should dive at people's knees pretty much ever. That's not gonna cause a turnover when the QB is the one with the ball. You wanna fire off into the line like normal? Absolutely. The clock is still ticking, play hard. You wanna dive at people's knees? GTHO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1ou1obhr said:
No flags were thrown, and I'm pretty sure the Seahawks didn't allow the Patriots to take their victory formation at the end of SB49 without a fight..

I said on this very forum that Bennett and Irvin were punks for being idiots during the Pat's victory formation.

But there's a difference between rogue players acting stupid because they can't contain their emotions, and a systemic long history of it because that's how they're coached. Williams was the brains behind Bountygate, what makes anyone give him the benefit of the doubt, or Fisher?

253hawk

Reaction score
I mean I can somewhat understand Bennett and Irvin in the SB as it's the final moments of an intense championship game that they were 1 yard from winning and there was probably some jawing going on by the Cheatriots offense. But it's week in and week out with the Rams year after year, and they're usually only playing for .500 at best.

253hawk

Reaction score
Donald fined $18,231 for trying to be a fake tough guy.

naholmes

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3q1fgyt5 said:
Polaris":3q1fgyt5 said:
Hawk-Lock":3q1fgyt5 said:
Largent80":3q1fgyt5 said:

Agreed. I don't mind it.

Causing a T/O there would have likely changed the outcome of the game. You can bet they were going to try and force a T/O. It would be dumb not to.
I remember the team, Bruce Irvin in particular, being pissed off and trying to start a fight. They crashed in hard with some shoving after the whistle. That's totally different than what the Rams did with multiple guys diving low at the knees the Lions players. That's just plain dirty.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Odell Beckham ready for late hits from Rams

Way back in 2014, Beckham was a rookie and the Rams played in St. Louis.

While the Rams downplayed any efforts to get into Beckham's head, we'll keep a close eye Sunday on safety T.J. McDonald and linebacker Alec Ogletree.

McDonald was whistled for taunting the last time against New York, repeatedly getting in Beckham's face after plays.

Ogletree is the one that hit Beckham late, setting off a sideline melee that resulted in three players getting ejected.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -from-rams

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":2vny2ml7 said:
Odell Beckham ready for late hits from Rams

Way back in 2014, Beckham was a rookie and the Rams played in St. Louis.

While the Rams downplayed any efforts to get into Beckham's head, we'll keep a close eye Sunday on safety T.J. McDonald and linebacker Alec Ogletree.

McDonald was whistled for taunting the last time against New York, repeatedly getting in Beckham's face after plays.

Ogletree is the one that hit Beckham late, setting off a sideline melee that resulted in three players getting ejected.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -from-rams

Way back in 2014, Beckham was a rookie and played against the St. Louis Rams CB, J Jenkins. Jenkins was one of the players getting into Beckham's head that game. Both now play for the Giants.

Attachments

• JJ 1.png
    JJ 1.png
    229 KB · Views: 2,089

Latest posts