Question on getting tickets and attending Rams game Dec 27?

byau

Reaction score
Hello all,

My wife and I and our kiddoes come up to Seattle to visit my parents every holiday season. I was thinking possibly this time bringing the whole family to see the Rams game.

A few questions

1) I remember seeing threads on here before on the best way to get authentic tickets, I tried a search for "tickets" and maybe I'm doing my searching wrong. Is there a thread someone can point me too or a FAQ for the best way to get tickets? (inexpensive would be nice too)

2) Speaking of which, what's the price range I'm looking at? I guess this is a two-parter, because I have three kids: 5, 3, and 10 months. Plus two parents (75 years old each). Would each of us need a ticket?

3) Any other tips?

Any help appreciated!

Haven't been to a Seahawks game since the Kingdome :O !!

Though my dad took me and my bro many times growing up to see the Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks, and Huskies.

Actually, kind of a neat story; We stopped going over the years and eventually lost interest (well to be honest the mid to late 1990s Sonics broke my hear too many times) and it just turned into a few annual phone calls to my dad asking how the Seattle sports scene looked this year. And then asking him to save me the sports pages for when I came to visit so I could read through things (this is WAY before all this internet stuff happened in the mid 200's)

And it was my dad who said to me a few years back when I asked him how the Seattle sports scene was doing

"Well, I think they might do pretty good this year"
"Dad, that happens every year"
"No, I think they might be good this year. They have a new rookie quarterback who's supposed to be really good"
"Dad, that seems to happen almost every other year"
"No, really. I think he's going to be good. I can't remember his name. Something Russell"

And so on faith I started following Seattle sports in earnest again :D

So anyway, thought it'd be fun when we come to visit to take my parents. Not sure if it's feasible, guess we'll see depending on how this thread goes.

Thanks!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
I travel from out of state for games (Texas). There is a lot of expense involved. For that reason, there are only 3 options for me when it comes to securing tickets.
1) somebody that I know.
Because it can save a substantial amount of money.
2) Stub Hub
3) NFL ticket exchange

Both 2&3 are for the same reasons. They are safe, site is secure and the will get you tickets even if something goes wrong with your original purchase. (Are guaranteed)

There are other places to buy tickets but they all come with a greater measure of risk.
Seahawk tickets, in the current climate, are not cheap. As a matter of fact, they are downright expensive.
A quick look on either #2 or #3 will give you an idea of what you are looking at, price wise.
One factor that is not in your favor is, the size of your group. You may have trouble finding that many seats all together. If you can some how, break your group up, you may have better luck.

At any rate, hope this helps you a little bit, it's a starting point.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
pmedic920":1h85a5et said:
I travel from out of state for games (Texas). There is a lot of expense involved. For that reason, there are only 3 options for me when it comes to securing tickets.
1) somebody that I know.
Because it can save a substantial amount of money.
2) Stub Hub
3) NFL ticket exchange

Both 2&3 are for the same reasons. They are safe, site is secure and the will get you tickets even if something goes wrong with your original purchase. (Are guaranteed)

There are other places to buy tickets but they all come with a greater measure of risk.
Seahawk tickets, in the current climate, are not cheap. As a matter of fact, they are downright expensive.
A quick look on either #2 or #3 will give you an idea of what you are looking at, price wise.
One factor that is not in your favor is, the size of your group. You may have trouble finding that many seats all together. If you can some how, break your group up, you may have better luck.

At any rate, hope this helps you a little bit, it's a starting point.

Wow thanks pmedic920. That's a good starting point.

Just took a look at stubhub and nfl ticket exchange. You're right the size of our group is a huge hindrance. The prices are almost where I thought they'd be. But hey, it's the holidays :) A good excuse to shop! But yeah the group size. Hmmm will have to think about that one.

I do have a few questions, just curious:

When you say "greater measure of risk", do you mean fakes?

For the others, if "something goes wrong with your original purchase", is that somewhat common?

Thanks for the help!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Craigslist FAkes frauds copies that dont work..etc.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Stubhub and Ticketmaster.

DONT TRUST ANYONE ELSE UNLESS YOU KNOW THEM!

Tickets are gonna cost money. The product on the field is excellent, so the price to see them play is going to be up there.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Never do CL. I personally have a lot of luck with the guys outside the stadium holding signs saying they need tickets. Some think it's crazy but it is literally the same guys every week at every game wether it be MLS, M's or Hawks. If someone rips someone off its their gig, so it's self policed. I buy all my M's tickets this way.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Subzero717":3lni5mb6 said:
Never do CL. I personally have a lot of luck with the guys outside the stadium holding signs saying they need tickets. Some think it's crazy but it is literally the same guys every week at every game wether it be MLS, M's or Hawks. If someone rips someone off its their gig, so it's self policed. I buy all my M's tickets this way.

I've sold a lots of event tickets on Craigslist and I've transferred ownership via ticketmaster during the sale. CL isn't that bad, you just gotta make sure you know what you're doing. Oh I've also bought a lots of tickets from CL and was fine. Generally things that make me feel more comfortable as a buyer if the person selling, has me pick up from their home (because ppl who scam you tend not to give you their home address), and people who email from big company email addresses or work addresses in general (again because people who scam you, tend not to want to risk you bringing up the scam to their place of work).

I have bought and sold lots of tickets via Craigslist through the years. The reason why i like it much better than stub hub and ticketmaster is as long as everything goes smooth. It's a win-win. Since there's no middlemen charging a 10-25% fee. The buyer and seller can split that fee, buyer can make more money, seller can spend less money.

Another option is paying the seller as "goods" online via paypal. 3% fee here for the seller (but still better than stubhub and ticketmaster), a little more buyer insurance there. Seller has to transfer ownership after sale to make sure the buyer doesn't screw him/her over with a fraud case either.

Rob12

Reaction score
Better get some very good ear plugs for the young ones. Maybe I'm a bit too protective, but as a dad to three boys aged 5, 3, and 1, they won't be seeing their first Seahawks game for another five years or so. It's just a ridiculously loud environment. I have a 180 mile drive back after the game and my ears are usually still ringing a bit when I get back.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your resposnes! Really appreciate it, definitely will be challenging getting the whole family tickets so we may just watch at home - or if I end up just taking wife or dad, then looks like two seats might be a possibility (and of course taking the cough drops and some earplugs) :D :D

Though looking at ticket exchange and stubhub, maybe I should see if my buddy and I can roadtrip to AZ for the season finale. 6 hour road trip, not hard to find two tickets together, about $160 or so. Wonder if the division will be on the line.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Greater risk?
For me, that means anything that's not guaranteed.
To the best of my knowledge, stubhub and ticket exchange are the only ones that will get you equal or better seats if something goes wrong.
For me, traveling from out of state, getting my money back isn't good enough. I want to go to the game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm on an 11 day Christmas break for this game and considering going as well. Anything decent is around $400 so not cheap that's for sure.

mikeak

Reaction score
OK couple of notes as both someone that bought and sold and having kids. Mainly great points above but to summarize some of them

1) I took my 7 year old against Arizona. He got tired of standing on the seat relatively quick (not that into games and restless). Point being - getting seats in the upper bowl may be helpful for seeing without standing

2) Hearing protection - don't do earplugs. Doesn't work that well on kids. Use over the head hearing protection from Walmart, Amazon or any hunting store - they have the youth kind that works great

3) The youngest one shouldn't need a ticket. Think the cut-off is 3 years but could be wrong

4) Purchase via Craigslist is safer than buying on the streets / in person if you do the following which ZagHawk mentioned

--- Use Paypal -- 3% is cheap insurance
-- Require that they are ticket holders by agreeing up front that they will transfer the electronic ticket via Ticketmaster to you. That is a free service. You just give them your email - they transfer them via Ticketmaster (through Seahawks) the tickets to your email - you log in and complete the transfer.

All electronic tickets can be reprinted with a new barcode. Even authentic tickets sold can be voided by the owner