Put Unger at tackle when he is back.

canzag

Reaction score
he is our best olineman without Okung. Wilson is running for his life and the backup center is playing very well. I know its not gonna happen but I think they should at least look at it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Oh HELL no, he just lgot good at Center, I don't want him learning on the fly at LT for a limited time.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
No, completely different position and skill set and that's not even including physical attributes.

You said it's not going to happen so why even suggest it.

Silly idea.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
canzag":2znmejua said:
he is our best olineman without Okung. Wilson is running for his life and the backup center is playing very well. I know its not gonna happen but I think they should at least look at it.
It doesn't work that way. Unger is a Pro Bowl center. He could move to guard in a pinch, but he's not meant to be a tackle. Center requires different skills than LT does.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":33wg0swu said:
canzag":33wg0swu said:
It doesn't work that way. Unger is a Pro Bowl center. He could move to guard in a pinch, but he's not meant to be a tackle. Center requires different skills than LT does.

Correct. His previous experiences have been at Guard and Center. Moving McQ to tackle should clearly highlight the fact that guards and centers cannot play tackle effectively. The better statement to make is that Alvin Bailey should have a chance to play. McQ is getting blown up to the point of a comedy at tackle. Starting a rookie in Alvin is a better choice than McQ.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1pvtssie said:
SalishHawkFan":1pvtssie said:
canzag":1pvtssie said:

Correct. His previous experiences have been at Guard and Center. Moving McQ to tackle should clearly highlight the fact that guards and centers cannot play tackle effectively. The better statement to make is that Alvin Bailey should have a chance to play. McQ is getting blown up to the point of a comedy at tackle. Starting a rookie in Alvin is a better choice than McQ.

Agreed. I understand that McQ knows Cable's system really well, but he doesn't have the physical makeup or abilities to play on the blindside in more than just spot duty. He's an OK backup at guard, but far from 'plug-n-play' at any position, especially LT... And there is enough film on him now for defenses to see all of his uber-exploitable limitations. Once Unger returns to C, that might be a good time to try a rook like Bailey at LT, but I have a feeling it won't happen. I think familiarity with McQ makes Cable reluctant to break out of his comfort zone. He probably is thinking 'what if it gets worse than this?' when in actuality how can it get much worse? Also, I understand that making Cable an Assistant HC was probably necessary to lure him in, but I have a feeling that him having authority over our OC is not a good idea at this point.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Unger stays at center, but could play guard(he has done it before.) Never a tackle.

A

Anonymous

Chester Pitts is available.

Working as a sportscaster for channel 2 Houston right now.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think the general logic among several threads is ANYTHING to not have to watch McQuistan get blown up on a regular basis.

I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment, I just wish i had a better solution.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Let's move Lynch to TE also, cause he can block and catch pretty good. We just have to roll with what he have, if McQ can't get the job done it's on The coaches. You can't move Unger around just because, he was all pro for a reason.

Sturm

Reaction score
What pisses me off is that the organization didn't have a capable backup at LT when the season started. Knowing Okung is especially vulnerable to injuries, they should've had a proven vet as his backup to take over if Okung went down.

Now we're stuck with McQuistan (who is a guard) trying to play LT, a position he's not capable of playing.

I'm not sure what Pete Carrol was thinking when he put together this lineup.

pehawk

Reaction score
Their back up Tackle is named Zach Miller. You cant game plan for each of them being out.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Unger started at left tackle for two years for the ducks and was pretty darn good at it. Still, not a good idea, he's our center.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
He was an All-Pro Center last year. With a move to the outside, and the skill set required to be successful with that there is no guarantee that he'd be any better than McQ has. There is zero valid thought in switching him to tackle. Zero.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If Jeanpierre shows he can play center as well as Unger...I could maybe see moving Unger to guard.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Lol, I love it when people say silly bugger shit like this. Hey, that guy is a wicked Japanese translator, bring him in to talk to this Korean guy. Same stuff, right?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
fenderbender123":15fr779y said:
If Jeanpierre shows he can play center as well as Unger...I could maybe see moving Unger to guard.

We tried Unger at Guard and he blew donkeys.
Lemuel plays both positions, I do not understand your post at all and have no idea who you are so can't tell if trying to be funny.

Fart

Latest posts