Pro Bowl Votes Update — Seahawks are popular!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bunch of Seahawks being voted for, which is nice to see.

However, I must say that proof the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest is right here: Max Unger has more votes than any other Center in the league. This year, that is a joke. But good for him, anyway. It would be nice to have as many Seahawks voted in as we can get.

Even if none of them will be able to go to the game...for other reasons. :D

Marshawn Lynch might be the second-leading rusher in the NFL, but the Seahawks’ Beast Mode back is also fifth overall and second among running backs in voting for the 2014 Pro Bowl.

The Seahawks also have four other players who are the leading vote-getters at their positions: cornerback Richard Sherman (257,196), free safety Earl Thomas (195,586), center Max Unger (112,168) and strong safety Kam Chancellor (94,332). Sherman and Thomas are the top-two vote-getters among all defensive players.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...alloting/5f6e8cba-253f-4a6c-b19e-a6e01313c42c

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I hope the players dont hate on Sherm when its their time to vote like last year, him being first should pretty much guarantee a spot on the roster

Max Unger pretty much will be a perennial probowler, until he retires. The center is one of those reputation position, Jeff Saturday was voted as a starter in the probowl last year despite being benched by the Packers last year midway through the year, and we all know how bad the Packers offensive line was last year

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Killa Kam":9phledwr said:
I hope the players dont hate on Sherm when its their time to vote like last year, him being first should pretty much guarantee a spot on the roster

Max Unger pretty much will be a perennial probowler, until he retires. The center is one of those reputation position, Jeff Saturday was voted as a starter in the probowl last year despite being benched by the Packers last year midway through the year, and we all know how bad the Packers offensive line was last year

Yeah for the offensive line it seems that once you're in the "Pro Bowl Club" you have a free ride all the way to the end, unless some young guy comes in that gets a lot of hype.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yeah there's really not that many good centers in the league though so it's kind of a "who was there last year" thing. The only other center I know is very good is from the Steelers, I think it's Pouncey but he's out for the year.

Love that 3/4 of the Legion of Boom is leading their position. The only reason we don't have a DE or DT in there is because there's so many of them so the statistics are spread out. Would still love to see Wilson get some more though.

CANHawk

Reaction score
The NFL should be happy Earl gets voted to the pro bowl, he's the only guy who put forth any effort in the game last year....

....too bad he'll be too busy to play in it this year though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sherman and Thomas are the top-two vote-getters among all defensive players.
The NFL's top two vote-getters on offense and defense become team captains for Deion Sanders' team and Jerry Rice's team. In a fantasy draft style setting, the captains pick from the voted all-stars to form the teams.

How much sweet justice would it be if Sherman got to pick the teams after getting snubbed by the players last year?

I wonder if he still gets this honor if he's busy playing for the 'ship?

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":nzi6nld2 said:
The NFL's top two vote-getters on offense and defense become team captains for Deion Sanders' team and Jerry Rice's team. In a fantasy draft style setting, the captains pick from the voted all-stars to form the teams.

How much sweet justice would it be if Sherman got to pick the teams after getting snubbed by the players last year?

I thought Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice were picking the teams?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":1cvsdbhd said:
DavidSeven":1cvsdbhd said:

I thought Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice were picking the teams?

Not according to the quote I just posted... (it's from the Pro Bowl voting page)

amill87

Reaction score
It appears pretty likely that Sherman will be the captain of one team, he is 50,000 votes ahead of the next highest....who happens to be Earl Thomas.

Does he still pick the teams if he doesn't play?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Pro Bowl popularity contest is so dumb and getting dumber. For example, our 2 sack leaders on the team aren't even on the ballot (I guess because they are not listed as the starters). You know all most people look at for DL is sack numbers and our guys that are listed will get no love even though they fill their rolls very well while the guys that might stand a chance don't even get considered....silliness.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":98x7djcd said:
Pro Bowl popularity contest is so dumb and getting dumber. For example, our 2 sack leaders on the team aren't even on the ballot (I guess because they are not listed as the starters). You know all most people look at for DL is sack numbers and our guys that are listed will get no love even though they fill their rolls very well while the guys that might stand a chance don't even get considered....silliness.

Yeah I was irritated that those guys weren't even on the ballot. Especially since there is no way Red Bryant will ever be elected to the Pro Bowl based on his sack numbers (or lack there-of) for the DE position. He's a waste of a spot to even have on there.

Avril and Bennett have pretty big name recognition and good numbers this year, yet fans won't vote them in because they aren't even an option to select. It's really lame.

CANHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":29d313i5 said:
oregonhawkfan":29d313i5 said:

Yeah I was irritated that those guys weren't even on the ballot. Especially since there is no way Red Bryant will ever be elected to the Pro Bowl based on his sack numbers (or lack there-of) for the DE position. He's a waste of a spot to even have on there.

Avril and Bennett have pretty big name recognition and good numbers this year, yet fans won't vote them in because they aren't even an option to select. It's really lame.

Agreed on both counts. I'm also really quite pissed I can't vote Jeremy Lane in as the special teamer. Don't get me wrong, Farwell's great, but Lane's contributions on special teams have been head and shoulders above everyone else.

Yeah, now moreso than ever, All-Pro carries so much more weight than the Pro Bowl. But getting Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice involved will give it SO much more credibility. As if... those two will probably spend the whole weekend reminding everyone that this batch of Pro Bowlers ain't done shit compared to the greatness that was their own careers. I hope Megatron and Sherman shatter every record those two clowns ever put up...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Agreed. Bennett, Avril and Lane should all at least be on the damn ballot. That is ridiculous

CANHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":p25vdsoa said:
Agreed. Bennett, Avril and Lane should all at least be on the damn ballot. That is ridiculous

But yet Malcoln Smith is on the ballot, not Bruce Irvin. I might just be a big dumb shithead, but I was pretty sure that Bruce was the starting Sam... What The Chocolate NFL.com....

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":3egca39g said:
Missing_Clink":3egca39g said:

But yet Malcoln Smith is on the ballot, not Bruce Irvin. I might just be a big dumb shithead, but I was pretty sure that Bruce was the starting Sam... What The Chocolate NFL.com....

Thank you! That was the other position that irritated me but I couldn't remember what it was.

TJH

Reaction score
Sherm may be leading in fan votes but I highly doubt the coaches/players start him over Revis. This won't be popular here, but Revis has had a much better year so far.

Also, Unger? He has missed half the year and has been awful when he has been in.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I like Max Unger, but seriously don't think he'd get any votes/recognition if his name was Lionel Glumpkin. "Max Unger" just sounds like a good center.