Prisco eats major crow on 2012 draft

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm one of those guys that believes things have to happen in a "certain" way, in order, for a particular outcome to happen.

I'm HAPPY with the original grade.
I'm happy our #3 was picked where he was.
I'm happy to be a Hawk fan.
Woop Woop.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think Hawks fans should be glad that they got Wilson and leave it at that.

No point in contorting through hoops to try to turn where he was taken into a further act of genius.

It's pretty simple:

Nobody has ever or will ever be smart enough to know what 31 other teams are privately thinking. If J.S. truly had Wilson graded as the equivalent to the consensus #1 overall pick and waited until the 12th pick in the third round to take him then he is an idiot. I do not believe J.S. to be an idiot (actually, he's the opposite).

To this I'd add on that from J.S.'s tenure as GM we also know that he quite clearly has no problem whatsoever going against consensus and making picks that are considered to be reaches by draft prognosticators. It's only with someone as wildly effective as Wilson in which he chose against being viewed as reaching? C'mon now. It doesn't even remotely add up. He's okay with being viewed as reaching for Justin Britt but not Russell Wilson? LOL.

In reality, it is with Wilson as it is with Sherman: out of 32 GMs J.S. was less wrong about these guys than anyone else. That's all it takes to be the best GM in the business. Seriously. It's an amazing feather to have in one's cap. J.S.'s lilies are not in need of gilding.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2k5lfe1l said:
I'm one of those guys that believes things have to happen in a "certain" way, in order, for a particular outcome to happen.

Woop Woop.

I second this :thirishdrinkers:

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I think that PC/JS played this one perfectly, and sometimes it work out just that way. They guessed and guessed right that they could get to the third and take him. And I am sure they had a back up plan if it did not go down that way.

Though there is a lot of gamesmanship that goes one on draft day I think a lot teams have a pretty good read on who want who where. They know what teams need to address in the draft and though everyone says they take the best player available every year we see where that is not exactly true. Thats why when one team slips out of line with what everyone thinks how it is gonna go down a weird draft sequence starts.

Anyway that what I think and it probably as accurate or inaccurate as anyone elses opinion :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":wv07o8sx said:
And yet the backhanded shit continues:

Wilson has been much better than anybody expected -- even the Seahawks. If you don't believe that, why did they wait until the third round to pick him?

Because they could you thick idiot. Schneider said he personally had him as high as Andrew Luck.

Right, just cause YOU have a player valued very high, doesn't mean you take him very high if you think other team's are not valuing that player the same as you.

Which was the case with Wilson, Pete and John knew that they could get Wilson later on on the draft..........which saved them picks and money.

Subzero717

Reaction score
pmedic920":261ddyfp said:

Woop Woop.

You sure are HAPPY. Did Texas legalize?

Latest posts