Pretty excited for this season

Seafan

Reaction score
Attention to detail helped get the Hawks to the SB. Hopefully a renewed dedication to that will go a long way towards righting the ship. Marshawn Lynch covered a lot of Hawk offensive weaknesses especially OC and OL. Special teams have been in a steady decline. The team doesn't need a Top 5 defense to compete as long as a dedication to solid field position, execution, protection, tackling etc, gives the playmakers like RW a chance.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seafan":3qt9z5hc said:
Attention to detail helped get the Hawks to the SB. Hopefully a renewed dedication to that will go a long way towards righting the ship. Marshawn Lynch covered a lot of Hawk offensive weaknesses especially OC and OL. Special teams have been in a steady decline. The team doesn't need a Top 5 defense to compete as long as a dedication to solid field position, execution, protection, tackling etc, gives the playmakers like RW a chance.

I'm curious what you mean by that. It seemed to me like the team overall lacked attention to detail in terms of Xs and Os (at least on offense) and relied on being more talented than the opponent and beating them up. I think Lynch epitomized that more than anyone with how many tackles he (had to) broke and defenders he overpowered. I actually hope that with Solari and Schotty we can focus more on details and execution. Defensively, I agree the players were keyed in on the scheme and tackled very well. Penalties were a HUGE problem on both sides of the ball even when we were going to SBs and I hope we can find a way to reduce them.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
toffee":2yb4hs24 said:
This will be a season for the diehards, the fans that knows some xo. This will not be a season for the fair weather.
I thought that was last year.
Possibly the worst run game since the team was created.
The Anthem issues.
Frustration watching the OL.
Some players putting themselves ahead of the team.
Another year of Bevell and Cable.
Malik's disaster.
Richardson and Graham trades going "poof".

Dang3Russ

Reaction score
I haven't felt this sort of excitement since the 2012 season. I remember Russell coming into camp that year and winning the starting job. Guys like Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas weren't common names yet. The Seahawks weren't expected to make the playoffs neverless be playing for a Super Bowl the following year. That 2012 team wasn't on anyone's radar, but the common factor was that we had John Schneider and Pete Carrol as the lead architects who took that team and created a super team that all the NFL teams would want to mirror.

What people don't understand that NFL is a game of turnover. You can build a team, but can't expect that team to be the same team you started with four years ago. Off course it was heartbreaking to watch Richard Sherman get released and go to rivals San Fran. Off course it was a shock to see Michael Bennett traded to the Philadelphia Eagles. Why did Cliff Avril and Kam Chancellor have to get hurt. And Earl, who knows where he will end up at the start of the season. But we have a new generation upon us, The Griffins, Clark, and that entire secondary we drafted last year. It's an exciting time to be a fan.

And look at LA and SF last year, it took years of being in the bottom of the dog house to get where they are today. We still have our Franchise QB who is only getting better, who only wants greatness. Doug Baldwin is still in his prime as one of the most underrated WR's in the game. Bobby Wagner is quite possible they best LB in the league. Rashad Penny is a phenomenal talent who is going to prove to the world that he was that first rounder and that 27 teams made a mistake passing on him.

I can't wait to watch this years Seahawks and looking forward to another solid year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It literally cannot get worse.

If I see an actual offense in the 1st half, I will be happy. I think our defense giving up more points is going to help in this respect - because the offense is going to have to produce to compensate. So I will see less trying to suck the air out of the ball and drain the clock.

Last year, (I think it was last year), I missed the entire 1st half of the GB game. The freaking home opener. Showed up at the half, figured it would hardly matter because they would not do anything in the 1st half anyway. Apparently, I missed some terrible call that swung the game GB's way...but the reality is that I had been conditioned to not bother that much with the 1st half.

As the season progressed, I found myself turning into the away games later and later - reasoning I was not missing anything. And I rarely did.

I think I missed the entire first half in almost half the away games last year. Maybe more.

If we can just actually play football for 2 full halves, I am almost OK with the rest. Just make the playoffs somehow (unlikely) or at least play 4 full quarters (hopefully?).

Cautiously optimistic.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. I just would like to see a drive go through a series of first downs. And hopefully retiring the run run throw 40 punt is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
This is a great thread. Thanks for it Tical. There are some great thoughts in it as well from all posters. Tis like a breath of fresh air after all the carbuncle stuff we had to deal with last year. I do think that the new fresh heads in the locker room and the new old hats in the coaching staff will bring something that will be interesting to the game and the team. We try to teach those under us to take our place so we can move up in the spectrum, hopefully Kam can be one of them that can adapt to that role this year while on the bench. Sometimes you cant knock on someone, but you can show them how to knock without doing it yourself.

Keep this coming. It is very interesting.

Seafan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vdsq2gj0 said:
It literally cannot get worse.

If I see an actual offense in the 1st half, I will be happy. I think our defense giving up more points is going to help in this respect - because the offense is going to have to produce to compensate. So I will see less trying to suck the air out of the ball and drain the clock.

Last year, (I think it was last year), I missed the entire 1st half of the GB game. The freaking home opener. Showed up at the half, figured it would hardly matter because they would not do anything in the 1st half anyway. Apparently, I missed some terrible call that swung the game GB's way...but the reality is that I had been conditioned to not bother that much with the 1st half.

As the season progressed, I found myself turning into the away games later and later - reasoning I was not missing anything. And I rarely did.

I think I missed the entire first half in almost half the away games last year. Maybe more.

If we can just actually play football for 2 full halves, I am almost OK with the rest. Just make the playoffs somehow (unlikely) or at least play 4 full quarters (hopefully?).

Cautiously optimistic.

I've said this a couple times. Last year's team was unwatchable and that was mainly Bevell's issues. Since 2014 I've complained about him. Last year it just came to a head and the good thing is that 9-7 got Pete to finally move him. Bev did the same things all season long, he never made adjustments. The only reason the offense seemed to be better in the 4th quarter is Russ got the pressure taken off thanks to prevent defenses that were far enough in the lead. To give Bev some credit when Pete let him turn the offense loose like in 2015 he put together a quick throw offense that was amazing for about 5 games. But then Pete pulled back the reigns in the playoffs (or Bev did) and the team looked like last season. You can't have a pounding run first offense if you don't have the tools. Russ has shown he can run about any offense you want but Pete has a history of not trusting QBs that goes way back. He's very conservative until he has no choice but to turn it loose. My hope is he lets Schott really run things and supports an effective offense. You may not be able to win a game in the first quarter but last year proved you sure can lose it.