Potential Rookie of the Year?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
quadsas":2omb64vp said:
nah, he won't be. He's gonna need 7 more games like the one against Bucs

Love me some DK -- but I saw the guy guarding him most of the day had 3 career snaps.

Happy for you DK but let's see you do it against Sherm, Ramsey, Petersen these next few weeks

HawkStrong

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3pl9aj68 said:
HawkStrong":3pl9aj68 said:
^^^^Spot on, he's been very average heading into this game where he benefited from a porous Bucs pass defense and great throws by RW.

The one thing I was impressed by was the sideline catch at the end of the game where he turns and positioned his body for the catch. When you are 6'4" and 230 lbs. YOU should be the one dictating body positioning.

Very average? Compared to what?

As of a couple of games ago he was averaging 2.5 catches a game and was 67th in the NFL in receptions. He was also catching less than 50% of his targets. There were also several rookie receivers ahead of him.

HTH.

This board is captivated by single game stats and hyperbole. The Bucs are 31st in pass defense and he had a seldom used rookie covering him on many plays.

And, I am not trying to take anything away from DK, he had a very good game. Just trying to keep it in perspective.

Let's see how he does against SF.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/o ... s-per-game

Historically, WRs struggle to make huge waves their first year. We are seeing an uncommon up year for rookie WRs, DK is right in the mix. Putting some context to the matter helps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... dk_metcalf

Here is a post that breaks down DK through the first handful of weeks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That vid of all the comments from Fans who actually think their opinion holds any water...….pure gold.
Why not just be happy that the guy is damn good for a rookie and you were wrong? Being wrong when it actually helps your team is a good thing right?

Rat

Reaction score
Jags named Nick Foles their starter coming off their bye. That makes one less candidate in DKs way.

Hard to see him putting up the kind of stats consistently to have the strict volume numbers at the end of the year though, particularly since the schedule gets tougher and he now has Gordon competing for touches. Would be awesome if he did though.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
He's going to have to put together more consistent games back to back if I am going to put him in the category, but I am a fan of his and hope he does.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rat":147p6smv said:
Jags named Nick Foles their starter coming off their bye. That makes one less candidate in DKs way.

Hard to see him putting up the kind of stats consistently to have the strict volume numbers at the end of the year though, particularly since the schedule gets tougher and he now has Gordon competing for touches. Would be awesome if he did though.

Bringing in Gordon can be looked at two different ways with regards to DK's production.

1) Gordon will take away too many of his touches, which is a distinct possibility

2) Gordon distracts extra defenders. Between Lockette, Gordon & Metcalf defenses are going to have to pick their poison. If they have to spend more resources to stop Gordon, that may leave more openings for RW to hit DK.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Jacobs is #1 on my list at the moment. Minshew should drop off once he returns to the bench. Three way race with Murray IMO. Game on!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pce0w77 said:
That vid of all the comments from Fans who actually think their opinion holds any water...….pure gold.
Why not just be happy that the guy is damn good for a rookie and you were wrong? Being wrong when it actually helps your team is a good thing right?
yep!! :irishdrinkers:
Maybe their "Expertise at player evaluation" got slapped it the mouth, and wanting NKeal Harry so bad, DK just wasn't on their radar, we (& by we, I mean THEY) can be wrong.
Even if he has no chance at being Offensive ROY, it doesn't really doesn't matter, because when it's all said & done, DK (barring injuries), is going to have a prolific career in Seattle, and is going to help the Seahawks win a LOT of games.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jacobs will get it, and probably should.

DK could give him a run for his money, but he's coming up on the most brutal stretch of opposing CB's he's faced yet.

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3mj3y41v said:
Jacobs will get it, and probably should.

DK could give him a run for his money, but he's coming up on the most brutal stretch of opposing CB's he's faced yet.

True but he will draw the #2 and maybe 3 cb with Gordon. Prior to his injury Gordon was avg 14.4 ypc. So it will be interesting

Sac

Reaction score
Dude is built like freakin TO - Let's hope he stays fun loving and doesn't turn into the headcase that TO did.

Rat

Reaction score
Sac":1mfjgvfd said:
Dude is built like freakin TO - Let's hope he stays fun loving and doesn't turn into the headcase that TO did.

As far as I'm concerned, if we get anything resembling the Niners or Eagles version of TO, he can act like the offspring of Antonio Brown and Titus Young for all I care.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Minshew? The guy who is 0-4 against teams with a winning record? I know he's on the hype train but...

Latest posts