Post Game "Morning After" write up w/detail+opinions ...

Jville

Reaction score
Well organized Post Game "Morning After" write up w/detail opinion >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.hawkblogger.com/2019/08/the-morning-after-encouraging-and-alarming-signs-in-25-19-loss-to-vikings.html[/urltargetblank]

Please feel free to offer your opinions and add links to other morning after articles. :biggthumpup:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I am pleased as punch with Poona Ford, it's going to require double teams to keep him at bay, he's going to blow up a lot of plays this season, and even if he doesn't get to the Quarterback, he's going to make it easier for guys like Reed or Ziggy to get their hits, hurries, & sacks.....Ford got screwed out of an OBVIOUS turnover :pukeface:
Wilson (to me) looked a bit rusty at times, and didn't have the right touches on a couple of his passes, hopefully he will learn to trust the Pass Blocking of his O-Line a little more, and hopefully, they will give him reason to.

Teams 2 & 3 ON BOTH SIDES of the ball didn't impress, Shead... DID.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Wilson looked like the best QB on the field easily. Hit some beauties and the miss to Brown was because Brown mis-timed his jump. He did have one incompetion where he once again went deep into coverage when his checkdown was open. He does have to learn that not every throw needs to go 20 yards.

Lynch was terrible. Penny was too tentative. He looks alot like Alex Collins which sucks for a 1st rounder to be compared to a 5th rounder. Jazz was up and down. Ursua looks quick and decisive. He will be a player for someone in this league. Jennings is another no show.

Poona was a beast. Best UDFA since Baldwin. Rest of the line was mediocre. Starting OL was solid. Still too many penalties.

Not sure what to make of our secondary. I don't fault Griffin for that Thelein catch, it was put in a place only the receiver could catch it. Great throw. The safeties and nickel corners gave up a lot of catches in the middle. Not an impressive night.

I hate injuries. It seems everyone but Wilson is banged up. When the war of attrition starts in the preseason should we just abandon preseason altogether. It's basically just done to find out who your special teamers are. You could just organize some scrimmages with other teams to find that out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Homer or not, Russ was sharp. Really weak effort by Brown on that one that was thrown high. Poona looks like he is going to be a force, pre season or not. Our lack of depth on D really showed up after the starters came out. And of course, no Bobby or KJ so I doubt the Vikes shred our D like that. Also, Flowers is good but he was way to grabby last night. Lynch looked horrific. I'm not happy with either back up. I hope they pick up another vet to back up Russ. Both of those guys are brutal.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about a couple of the throws were Russ was off. It's his first pre-season action. Heck I watched a bit of the Steelers and Chiefs and Mahomes was off on multiple throws in his time in game.

McGruff

Reaction score
The only throw that was weird was when he Kitna-ed the ball to Carlson. Everything else was fine.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Being pre-season I didn't watch or look at the replay closely enough to see if he had pressure in his face on the Carson throw. I did like to see those passes to the backs as Shotty said. A willingness to check down like that might help the sack numbers go down.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Lynch wasnt that bad holy shit. Our backup oline couldnt do anything for him besides cause penalties or go mia. What he did do wasnt bad at all.

D

DomeHawk

Poona looks like the next great Seahawks' DL.

Our secondary is terrible against short passes but that might be part of the Seahawks' philosophy of keeping receivers in front of them AND not giving anything away in the preseason.

Paxton was playing against a better D than last week and struggles. Still pulling for him.

Hope Penny is just the victim of bad blocking because he looks like he is running in cement shoes.

Still think Ferguson looks like he will stick.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Shead's INT he was just in the right place at the right time. Having said that, his stock is rising with his ability to play multiple roles. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -and-more/

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
?? He threw the ball in to the ground, he missed a BUNCH of passes. Sure he had some good throws. But come on, he was brutal in that game.

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2g8mrck0 said:
?? He threw the ball in to the ground, he missed a BUNCH of passes. Sure he had some good throws. But come on, he was brutal in that game.

Umm - RW went 6/9 passing. I think the only ones that were "bad" misses were the lawn dart to Carlson, and the throw to Jaron Brown (who arguably maybe mis-timed his jump). I can't remember his third miss - was it a bad one too (I honestly just don't remember)?

Or are you talking about Paxton Lynch and I'm just whiffing the point?

John63

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":3huu473y said:
SoulfishHawk":3huu473y said:

Umm - RW went 6/9 passing. I think the only ones that were "bad" misses were the lawn dart to Carlson, and the throw to Jaron Brown (who arguably maybe mis-timed his jump). I can't remember his third miss - was it a bad one too (I honestly just don't remember)?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt he must be talking lynch, because last I checked 3 is not a bunch.

Reaction score
John63":3kqocfc7 said:
MissoulaHawkFan":3kqocfc7 said:
SoulfishHawk":3kqocfc7 said:

Giving him the benefit of the doubt he must be talking lynch, because last I checked 3 is not a bunch.

Yeah - I bet he was responding to the "Lynch wasn't that bad" post. I didn't notice that right off the bat either. :shock:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Penny didn't seem to receive a handoff without getting hammered by some DL penetrating into the backfield. Carson couldn't have created behind that. Reserving judgment.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Both O-line and D-line depth are weak, and will remain a concern until solidified.

Hopefully a trade or two prior to the cutdown will help both lines.

McGruff

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":a696d7im said:
Both O-line and D-line depth are weak, and will remain a concern until solidified.

Hopefully a trade or two prior to the cutdown will help both lines.

Oline depth is great . . . It's just that 4 of our top 9 OL have been hurt.