Possible suitors for Bennett?

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
I've heard some rumors on which teams may be targeting Tate once FA starts but nothing really on Bennett. Does anyone know who would have the cap room and/or need to match an offer from the Hawks? Assuming we offer him somewhere in the neighborhood of 6/7 mil a year-type deal.

Brithawk

Reaction score
Was mention of Green Bay going aggressive on D in free agency this year

OP
OP
Beer Hawk

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Brithawk":3glkiac8 said:

I've heard the same. No clue what their cap situation is but it doesn't look like Raji is going to be back since they want to get faster on the line. Actually, this article makes it sound like they could be going after a DT exactly like Bennett.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ght-depart

Subzero717

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":1vfgp69w said:
Brithawk":1vfgp69w said:

I've heard the same. No clue what their cap situation is but it doesn't look like Raji is going to be back since they want to get faster on the line. Actually, this article makes it sound like they could be going after a DT exactly like Bennett.

Dont tell Capers that it starts with Mebane.

bigcc

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":18fya30d said:
I've heard some rumors on which teams may be targeting Tate once FA starts but nothing really on Bennett. Does anyone know who would have the cap room and/or need to match an offer from the Hawks? Assuming we offer him somewhere in the neighborhood of 6/7 mil a year-type deal.

Bennetts gonna get offered more than 6/7 a year by numerous teams.

Brahn

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":t1qv9sss said:
Brithawk":t1qv9sss said:

I heard today they are in the 30mil under the cap range.

Front office personnel for the Packers were quoted as saying something to the effect of "We want to be more athletic upfront and move away from our piggies in the middle based on tradition"

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1dee1q4c said:
Beer Hawk":1dee1q4c said:
Brithawk":1dee1q4c said:

Dont tell Capers that it starts with Mebane.

Hell yeah!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Note that they have $30M in free cap despite the fact that Rodgers is hitting their cap for $18M, Mathews is hitting them for $11M, and Tramon Williams is hitting them for $9.5M. Even if you took out their roll-over money, they'd still have $20M in free space. If they add the right defensive pieces with that $30M, that's a good roster that's totally capable of winning a 'ship.

Should be comforting to those worried about the looming big contracts for the Seahawks. You can remain competitive as long as the top guys keep dominating.

OP
OP
Beer Hawk

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Brahn":8b34w051 said:
Beer Hawk":8b34w051 said:
Brithawk":8b34w051 said:

I heard today they are in the 30mil under the cap range.

Front office personnel for the Packers were quoted as saying something to the effect of "We want to be more athletic upfront and move away from our piggies in the middle based on tradition"

Think they offer him anything close to 8 mil a year...?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 26061.html

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think the other question is does he fit a traditional 3-4 defense. If he does it makes him more attractive. Maybe this is why he didn't draw more interest last year?

Paschtorian

Reaction score
This will be the Seahawks' first casualty to the (Gus Bradley-led) Jaguars.

A high motor guy who will command big money.

So sad,............he could have been part of something "special" (an actual DYNASTY in the salary cap age). But he will go for the money.

So,...........Bennett to the Jags.

And the one the one that will REALLY hurt,.............Tate to the 'Niners (after they cut Boldin).

But that's probably just ME.

chris98251

Reaction score
Every team that has cap room and needs defensive line help. Thats about 32 teams, you never have enough elite lineman.

That list evaporates quickly as you look at cap space and other needs as well as Bennetts projected salary.

hoxrox

Reaction score
There was mention specifically that Denver had him high on their list

And being that it's a copy cat league, everyone wants a piece of the Seahawks defense.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
HawkNuts":8wlel5d9 said:
I think the other question is does he fit a traditional 3-4 defense. If he does it makes him more attractive. Maybe this is why he didn't draw more interest last year?

He's so versatile you figure he could be a 3-4 end. One thing I think that hurts the Seahawks is he can fit in a 3-4 or 4-3.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Paschtorian":3epw9hcm said:
So sad,............he could have been part of something "special" (an actual DYNASTY in the salary cap age). But he will go for the money.

Can you blame him? He by far outperformed his contract last year.

Fans think players have this dream to be part of a dynasty. Some do but most players want a ring, now that he has one he wants to get paid, can't fault the man one bit.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
We signed him on a 1 year prove it deal, he did. Now everyone wants him to sign 3/for chump change or he's greedy.

So much for FA's wanting part of this town. Back to square 1.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2m3wgscs said:
We signed him on a 1 year prove it deal, he did. Now everyone wants him to sign 3/for chump change or he's greedy.

So much for FA's wanting part of this town. Back to square 1.

I agree with your first point, I think people have to understand when players sign for one year to get a ring/and drive their value, once they accomplish this they are likely to move on for greener pastures. We need to start getting used to this.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd hope to retain him at 20 mil / 3years. That's a nice little pop while allowing him to stay with the champs / a team he clearly enjoys playing for and with.

2_0_6

Reaction score
My brother in law who is a huge Redskins fan and lives in DC said their local talk radio has been hearing Bennett's name constantly come up.

Latest posts