Pop Quiz Hotshot

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uswus1t said:
volsunghawk":2uswus1t said:
Isn't A pretty much how all of our games in Charlotte have gone in the Wilson era?

Yes, but only this year has our D has choked away 5 games late, and should have choked it again last week.

Thus the question, who do you have more confidence in.

I think the other posters who have talked about the game flow are spot on. If it looks like a defensive struggle all game, then I go with option A. If it's a shootout and both defenses are gassed, option B.

As for how our D has choked away games, how many of those chokes came after we dropped Cary Williams? :mrgreen:

I trust our D more now than at any point in the first 10 games of the season, and I count last week as a weather-influenced anomaly. Our D held the Vikes out of the end zone all day, kept Peterson bottled up, forced a turnover that led to points, and was only in danger late due to one missed gamble and a BAD PI call.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hfojia2 said:
You have to pick one:

A. Be ahead by less than 7 with 3 minutes left with Carolina having the ball at their 20.

B. Be behind by less than 7 with 3 minutes left with us having the ball at our 20.

Interesting question to take the forum temperature on who you have the most confidence in right now, our offense and Russell, or our defense's ability to hold a lead late.

A,,,,,if the offense hasnt gone 3 and out multiple times in the second half. Thats what happened in the regular season game where the offense didnt do anything after they kicked the FG midway through the 3rd quarter.

hawk45

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1of4zuy0 said:
7 points? I want to be on D.

3 points and I want the ball

This is a really great question posed by the OP, and this answer is just as good. Hits the bulls-eye dead center.

12thbrah

Reaction score
A. for sure.

Cam won't be able to move the ball on us like he did the first time.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Either scenario we could just as well win as lose. I hope we have the game in the bag before a either scenario could occur.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
It wouldnt matter what 2 teams and personnel were playing. Always A and have the lead.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
How many times have we lost this season being in position a? Playing offenses that are using all 4 downs is an issue.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":j0ua8qt1 said:
Sgt. Largent":j0ua8qt1 said:
volsunghawk":j0ua8qt1 said:
Isn't A pretty much how all of our games in Charlotte have gone in the Wilson era?

Yes, but only this year has our D has choked away 5 games late, and should have choked it again last week.

I think the other posters who have talked about the game flow are spot on. If it looks like a defensive struggle all game, then I go with option A. If it's a shootout and both defenses are gassed, option B.

As for how our D has choked away games, how many of those chokes came after we dropped Cary Williams? :mrgreen:

I trust our D more now than at any point in the first 10 games of the season, and I count last week as a weather-influenced anomaly. Our D held the Vikes out of the end zone all day, kept Peterson bottled up, forced a turnover that led to points, and was only in danger late due to one missed gamble and a BAD PI call.

I hear ya, especially on the Williams front............as he was targeted a LOT.

Having said that, I don't care how the game is going I want Russell with the ball to win over our D crumbling. I could stomach losing with the offense failing much more than another defensive meltdown, that might have long term ramifications.

Erebus

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2sap3hbn said:
Sgt. Largent":2sap3hbn said:
volsunghawk":2sap3hbn said:

It may have been a bad PI call, but that doesn't mean it was a fluke. We've always been more likely to draw BS DPI calls than the average team. That is just one more thing to worry about when trying to defend a late lead.

I agree with those that say 3 or less, give us the ball. 4 to 6 point lead, trust the defense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3ndifu00 said:

Well, the last time we played in Charlotte it was actually scenario B

kearly

Reaction score
If it's 3 points or greater, A.

But if it's 2 points or less, A would feel like certain doom. Just like last week did, before the miracle happened.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Before I read anything....the automatic B popped in my head. Wilson is on a terror with our wide receiver group and running group/TE as receivers. They should be concerned about his opportunities too for running. In reviewing our earlier game, RW did some runs to make some first downs and a few yards here and there. Still watching the game so will see what I see tomorrow when I finish the review before the other games start.

I think we push harder when we are down and dont play the prevent the win defense/offense. Going powder puff during this game will be the end of the season.