POLL: Should Darrell Bevell call the plays next season?

Should Darrell Bevell call the plays next season?

• Yes

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • No, allow Tom Cable to call the plays.

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • No, go with someone else on the staff.

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • No, go with an outside hire.

Votes: 115 72.3%

• Total voters

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I bet someone is going to sell Bevell Pinatas at some point next year.

The guy is now going to be hated.

There have been coaches run out of towns for less, and Bevell is going to be an unholy mixture of Heathcliff Sloakum, Bobby Ayala, Tom Flores and the Devil himself.

Literally none of his contributions to winning will be acknowledged and every single mistake will be magnified. To "Bevell" a game will be to "overlook the obvious path to victory by taking a much more convoluted route to failure" or "to circumvent an evident victory with a single horrible choice that defies analysis".

We Bevelled this one.

Seattle fans aren't the kind of people to egg a coaches house, but they certainly are literate and can hold a grudge with the best of them.

It will be poetic justice if Bevell's name becomes synonymous for a type of failure, and it would certainly be an apt label to follow him for the rest of his career.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":131ury7f said:
It should be noted that Carroll also took the blame for this decision in order to shield his assistant coaches from criticism.
This is a MAJOR screw-up by Bevel, and will NOT be so easy to explain away, nor should it be.
Pete needs to own up to letting this idiot give XLIX away with a stupid call, THAT would be the RIGHT thing for Pete Carroll to do for the fans.
Loyalty is not warranted to that jackass, not when it means thumbing your nose at all the 12's that shelled out Hundreds of thou$and$ to watch their beloved Seahawks going for a repeat, only to have Bevel blow it all on one stupid call.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
davidonmi":th6f1lda said:
it's going to be tough to see him on the sideline next year. But right now it's probably too late to find anyone better

I disagree. Give it to Cable. He sure as hell can't be any worse.

And I guarantee Cable calls a run play on the 1.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This will be the nightmare that never ends. I was one of the idiots that liked Bevell and the play calling was excellent up until that point and one call changed everything. I don't see how he stays on the sideline but Pete does the opposite of what everybody accepts. I was in his corner until he threw Lockette under the bus. It is so painful right now.

Daytomann

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3epywwdq said:
davidonmi":3epywwdq said:
it's going to be tough to see him on the sideline next year. But right now it's probably too late to find anyone better

I disagree. Give it to Cable. He sure as hell can't be any worse.

And I guarantee Cable calls a run play on the 1.
I guarantee that 100 out 100 little league coaches would have run it from the 1.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Need to slow down the hate bashing of a coaching staff that took us to two super bowls in a row. We'll be back. Only GB stands in our way next year.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
soxhawk":3uwvqq9y said:
Need to slow down the hate bashing of a coaching staff that took us to two super bowls in a row. We'll be back. Only GB stands in our way next year.

Dallas is far scarier than GB.

soxhawk

Reaction score
I don't know if romo scares me too much. But hopefully we only have to face one of the two in next year's playoffs.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
soxhawk":158n9134 said:
I don't know if romo scares me too much. But hopefully we only have to face one of the two in next year's playoffs.

Romo doesn't scare me as well. But Romo with that OLine scares me. Not to mention our locker room being divided if Bevell comes back.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
byau":1yvow9i7 said:
I was talking to our VP of Information Technology (previous company) and he told me about a story once where an Oracle DBA made a mistake. The database was taken down. A quarter of a million dollars was lost in revenue.

He said he didn't fire the Oracle DBA because

"I just paid about $250,000 worth in training for him. Why would I let him go?"

So...assuming it's Bevell's mistake: does Bevell learn from this "training" aka mistake? And does it make him stronger? Or is it too grave and irreversible?

Bevell doesnt learn from mistakes because he keeps repeating them.

Bevell did not just learn a valuable lesson. All he did was cost us the Super Bowl doing what he likes to do.

This was not a learning experience. This was his way of saying the Hawks can't wait for him to be hired by some other team because that ain't happening. If he doesn't get fired then Bevell will never leave.

Pete needs to step up and realize that Bevell probably lost the trust of the team, and he needs to go just like Harvin needed to go.

soxhawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":b2gtsfos said:
byau":b2gtsfos said:
I was talking to our VP of Information Technology (previous company) and he told me about a story once where an Oracle DBA made a mistake. The database was taken down. A quarter of a million dollars was lost in revenue.

So...assuming it's Bevell's mistake: does Bevell learn from this "training" aka mistake? And does it make him stronger? Or is it too grave and irreversible?

Bevell doesnt learn from mistakes because he keeps repeating them.

Bevell did not just learn a valuable lesson. All he did was cost us the Super Bowl doing what he likes to do.

This was not a learning experience. This was his way of saying the Hawks can't wait for him to be hired by some other team because that ain't happening. If he doesn't get fired then Bevell will never leave.

Pete needs to step up and realize that Bevell probably lost the trust of the team, and he needs to go just like Harvin needed to go.

This could certainly be the case, but we have undrafted FA's as our WR's. As good as they have been, they're no studs. I blame Lockette as much as Bevell on that last play. Bevell wanted to go away from Revis & Browner but throwing to a speed guy instead of a hands guy was wrong. Lockette was looking for a flag, Butler was looking for the ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I would unequivocally vote 'NO!' and any of the above three options is acceptable to me.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bevell has cost us how many games now with his abandoning of the run? He has shown a clear agenda for elevating the passing game to the detriment of the team.

Optimus25

Reaction score
byau":1xtc2fp7 said:

Too grave and irreversible. In the context of your analogy, I would compare this to said Oracle DBA calling several executives attending a company meeting the N word. Just no going back baby. Plus, honestly, has anyone paid attention to how terrible our offense has been through the NFCCG and, with the exception of Mathews, in the Super Bowl? Didn't complete a pass til the 2nd quarter or something like that? seriously Bevell? Hell, in the NFCCG the Packers looked like the steel curtain out there. THE GREEN BAY FREAKING PACKERS annihilated our offense for 90% of the 5th or 6th most important game in franchise history. it was absolutely embarrassing how bevell had no answers then, and how he had almost no gameplan to sustain drives early in this SB.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3w3gsq60 said:
I tried to make this topic two months ago but unfortunately it was locked. At this point, Bevell's stubborn refusal to stay with the running game may have reached the point that it will precipitate some change.

We ran the ball 29 times in the SB and passed it 21. I know everyone is focused on that last call, but Bevell fed the beast this game.

In the Green Bay game we ran the ball 35 times and passed 29. Despite being behind most of the game.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Optimus25":qsl5qa7z said:
byau":qsl5qa7z said:

Too grave and irreversible. In the context of your analogy, I would compare this to said Oracle DBA calling several executives attending a company meeting the N word. Just no going back baby. Plus, honestly, has anyone paid attention to how terrible our offense has been through the NFCCG and, with the exception of Mathews, in the Super Bowl? Didn't complete a pass til the 2nd quarter or something like that? seriously Bevell? Hell, in the NFCCG the Packers looked like the steel curtain out there. THE GREEN BAY FREAKING PACKERS annihilated our offense for 90% of the 5th or 6th most important game in franchise history. it was absolutely embarrassing how bevell had no answers then, and how he had almost no gameplan to sustain drives early in this SB.

I wish Bevell could learn from this, but he's just digging in his heals by blaming it on Lockette rather admitting that running the ball would have been the safer decision.