Please praise Hawk's run defense.

toffee

Reaction score
Our run defense sure show up today, holding the Lion's running game 13 carries, 2.6 yards per carry, 36 yards. Good job guys!! Lions were #12 ranked, averging 122 yards per game, adn 4.9 average.

pmedic920

Reaction score
OMG.

Was a super fun game to watch.

I don’t care what the “stats” were.

That’s exactly why I watch football, and love me some SEAHAWKS.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Run defense was solid. They made the Lions one dimensional. However, I not happy with how the defense is playing on intermediate passes. Stafford completed around 67% of his attempts. Need to improve there as they will be facing better offenses next few weeks.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":zqedumpy said:
Run defense was solid. They made the Lions one dimensional. However, I not happy with how the defense is playing on intermediate passes. Stafford completed around 67% of his attempts. Need to improve there as they will be facing better offenses next few weeks.

You pick and choose what your going to take away from a team, run game and deep ball, you give the intermediate game up and punish them for making a catch.

Worked well versus the Broncos in the Super Bowl, they just need to punish the WR's for catching the ball.

Start making them look around and hear footsteps and those arms get shorter and concentration starts to lapse.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":39j46kgm said:

Stafford was slinging because they were behind; he was barely over 50% completion rate before the game got pretty far out of reach. And he turned the ball over doing it.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
chris98251":1ok8awom said:
hawkfan68":1ok8awom said:

You pick and choose what your going to take away from a team, run game and deep ball, you give the intermediate game up and punish them for making a catch.

Worked well versus the Broncos in the Super Bowl, they just need to punish the WR's for catching the ball.

Start making them look around and hear footsteps and those arms get shorter and concentration starts to lapse.

Exactly. As long as your tackling is on point you have to give them that little shit.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bmorepunk":4elu20tb said:
hawkfan68":4elu20tb said:

Stafford was slinging because they were behind; he was barely over 50% completion rate before the game got pretty far out of reach. And he turned the ball over doing it.

Good point :2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":coxz81pn said:
hawkfan68":coxz81pn said:

Understood. They got beat on deep passes a couple of times today. Both Lions TDs were a result of somebody getting behind them and catching the deep ball. I've seen them play much better pass defense than they did today. They won and in the end that's all that matters.

hawk45

Reaction score
With the changed in the secondary and at DL all I wanted this year was some run D.

I've gotten it in spades. Some surprisingly decent secondary play in there as well.

Polk738

Reaction score
I wouldn't let Staffords inflated stats dictate how the pass defense did as a whole, ya the safeties made some mistakes (Delano Hill is so garbage) but when you shut down the run game you make the offense one-dimensional to where they obviously have to throw more to play catch up, throwing more is risky and Stafford displayed exactly why-he had two turn-overs in the 4th quarter alone-if their run game was on point-they're controlling the clock and this game is much harder for the defense to deal with, KJ an Bobby were lights out today, an you can be sure Tate was feeling his presence.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, keeping things in front of them. You can have some yards, but we are gonna' create turnovers and you're not gonna put up a lot of points on us.

Chawker

Reaction score
How about a shout out to a great defensive cordinator Mr Ken Norton jr.

Our front four is of great size, the smallest is Clark at 270 lbs. Its like the whole world wants to know, WHO ARE THESE GUYS?!!!

Hats off, to a great game in the motor city!!!
Cheers

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Do we even want ET back anymore? I don't. Let's just get a 2nd for him.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawkfan68":27uexlpd said:

Marvin Jones always has our number. He has a lot of team's number. That said, the offense was easily limited enough.

beaumaris

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":ku40k9uh said:

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been thinking the same. :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1k8ke4xr said:

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that ship has sailed. Probably let him finish the season on IR, then walk somewhere. Might get a comp pick, but those have been harder to come by lately.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I wanna see Gurley again.

Hawks run defense will make a name for themselves if they are able to limit Gurley.

Stop Gurley and the Rams lose.