PLAYOFFS!

Rainger

Reaction score
Elaborate please because I think 2010 has nothing to do with this Seahawk team .

If you believe that the 2010 team is equivalent to this 2022 team then please explain why?
Because the team won the west with a 7 and 9 record and played against the SB champion Saints who got in as a wild card and the Hawks throttled them and Beast Quake sent them out of the playoffs. A 7 and 9 team beating I think a 12 or 11 win team.

This was Pete's first year as coach and he took over a disaster of a team left from Jim Mora, made like 289 moves and won a playoff game.

JPatera76

Reaction score
So does that mean there’s a chance we’ll see Penny again and have a 1,2 RB punch?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Elaborate please because I think 2010 has nothing to do with this Seahawk team .

If you believe that the 2010 team is equivalent to this 2022 team then please explain why?
Sheesh I didn't realize I had to write an essay and show my work on a football forum.

This team has had an underdog mentality all year. Everybody is expecting the 49ers to throttle the Hawks just like they did with the Saints marching to town in 2010. Seattle has nothing to lose, in a supposed rebuild year.

Rainger

Reaction score
Sheesh I didn't realize I had to write an essay and show my work on a football forum.

This team has had an underdog mentality all year. Everybody is expecting the 49ers to throttle the Hawks just like they did with the Saints marching to town in 2010. Seattle has nothing to lose, in a supposed rebuild year.
You didn't need to write an essay JerHawk I had already answered him in detail. Look at the top of this page.

Mick063

Reaction score
This is where we separate true fans from entitled, self-perceived victims of the football Gods. This is where personal attributes are revealed for better or worse. Some folks want to be miserable so badly that they cannot even appreciate a measure of success. Not even for a single evening. This is a good thing. It is good when folks reveal themselves. It shapes our collective perceptions of them for future reference. Regardless, the truly victimized fans for this evening belong to the Lions and the Packers. Not the Seahawks. It is boorish to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score

Really ? Because most Seahawk Fans believed the Hawks had the Division wrapped up before the game in Germany when the Hawks had a 2 game lead in the Division.

Geno was the MVP and a wildcard spot was not part of the conversation.

I could be wrong. 🙄

Mick063

Reaction score
Really ? Because most Seahawk Fans believed the Hawks had the Division wrapped up before the game in Germany when the Hawks had a 2 game lead in the Division.

I could be wrong. 🙄
It sure looked that way. Then the defense turned into a pumpkin.

About Geno. He certainly isn't Bret Farve but....Bret Farve threw a TON of interceptions and at a higher clip than even Geno. That is why they called him a "gunslinger". Packer fans lived with it because he threw the long ball often. I can live with Geno for precisely the same reason. I'll take those worts and hope that he sticks for the long haul.

Really, the best performance by the Seahawks (relative to the competition) in the last quarter of the season was probably against the Forty Niners. They definitely were not "boat raced". At least not like the first outing. If it gives us clueless fans hope, it must do the same for the dudes in the locker room.

Last edited:

Hawkpower

Reaction score

I could be wrong. 🙄

what on earth are you talking about??😂

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What a day! I guess I just didn't understand the assumptions that the league was trying the screw the Hawks and/or that the Lions wouldn't play hard.
Dan Campbell is one hell of a coach, damn. Our game was a trip, zero energy the first half, Geno looking as bad as he did all year. Then the 2nd half flip.

Playoff bound!

NJlargent

Reaction score
On another positive note we are 2 wins from the super bowl. Because if we beat SF on the road and then Philly the next week, we are beating whoever is left in the NFCCG because we will have all the momentum.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Typical homers coming out of the woodwork. Keep drinking Pete's kool aid. I wouldn't be too proud about backing into the playoffs.
We were never supposed to even have a winning record much less go to the playoffs. Sorry but this is a pleasant surprise no matter how we got there. I will take it. Maybe you should have become a Denver fan instead. They were favored to take their division and possibly go to the Super Bowl.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Typical homers? How about typical doom and gloomers who can't just enjoy a damn playoff birth. Does it literally make some people mad to be wrong about something that is A GOOD THING? Honest question. I was very wrong about Geno, very good thing.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Thank you Lions, Vegas, Roger Goodell, magnetic polls/gloves, and Russell Wilson. The Seahawks needed help to get into the playoffs, so thank you again for everyone doing their part.

Go Seahawks!