Playoff positioning

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seahawks are still in the second slot in the NFC behind Dallas. If the season ended today, we'd get a bye week, and have home field advantage against any team but the Cowboys.

We're also a comfortable three games ahead in our division, the widest lead in the entire NFL. The division (and first round bye in the playoffs) are ours to win or lose. Being a second-half team, things are looking good so far.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
not going to matter if the injuries keep piling up like this. this is getting frustrating

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3up1333k said:
not going to matter if the injuries keep piling up like this. this is getting frustrating

Judging by your answer, you must have a solution in mind?
Lots of players around the League are experiencing multiple injuries, it's just the nature of the beast this time of year...Guys behind the scenes are going to have to step up, or be replaced with players that are hoping to catch a break.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Looking at the Cowpies schedule I don't think they will lose more than one more game. 15-1 or 14-2 is how they end the year with the number one seed. But that place is not much of a home field advantage and the game will not be at noon or 3pm PST.

OpHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1kuo8rmi said:
Chukarhawk":1kuo8rmi said:

Judging by your answer, you must have a solution in mind?
Lots of players around the League are experiencing multiple injuries, it's just the nature of the beast this time of year...Guys behind the scenes are going to have to step up, or be replaced with players that are hoping to catch a break.

What about his answer leads you to believe he has a solution?

sam1313

Reaction score
Right now I am thinking #2 > #1 seed. Seattle in January with wet weather, or Jerry's world under the dome? Give me our fast defense under the dome please. We can kick the cowpokes behinds in their own backyard easier than we can at home in bad weather... And, January in Seattle = bad weather....

Threedee

Reaction score
Look, we've locked-up our division in all but name. Let's just play through this season and see who's healthy in January.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Threedee":353cy6mp said:
Look, we've locked-up our division in all but name.

Don't say that. The Cards had a 3 game lead at the same point in 2014 (9-1, 6-4) and we won 6 straight down the stretch while the Cardinals finished 2-4, giving us the division (12-4, 11-5). We don't need any jinxs, especially with our injuries.

sutz

Reaction score
Maulbert":28ig1bzs said:
Threedee":28ig1bzs said:

Don't say that. The Cards had a 3 game lead at the same point in 2014 (9-1, 6-4) and we won 6 straight down the stretch while the Cardinals finished 2-4, giving us the division (12-4, 11-5). We don't need any jinxs, especially with our injuries.
I don't worry about jinxes much, and he's right. Play Seahawks football over the next 6 weeks and we'll be sitting pretty good. Injuries are a concern, but next man up. Our injury situation is not as bad as it was in Sept, so I'm staying positive.

:2thumbs:

Threedee

Reaction score
Maulbert":2jguw3jg said:
Threedee":2jguw3jg said:

Our QB is getting healthier, rather than the opposite, and Boykin > Stanton & Lindley (every NFL QB in history is better than Lindley)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We tore the stretch a new one last year with Graham and Rawls sidelined. They're now healthy.

Earl's injury is a concern, but this offense is so full of weapons now that it's starting to look like we can win the Patriots way whenever we want.

Polaris

Reaction score
Near as I can tell, only Dallas and Seattle are close enough to playoff berths to talk about magic numbers without insane giggling.

Dallas has a magic number of two to sew up a playoff berth of any kind.

Near as i can figure, Seattle has a magic number of four to clinch the division.

Right now, Seattle is on track to be the first team in the NFC to clinch their division.

P.S. San Fran has an elimination number of one. Any loss by San Fran in the future automatically eliminates them from the playoff picture. They are already eliminated from the NFCW.

Latest posts