PLAYOFF CELEBRATION!!!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
If you have something specific to discuss aside from celebrating the playoffs, feel free to make that post.

Please take a look at the thread already discussing “playoffs”, if your thoughts and comments are similar, just post in that thread.

“Playoff” threads that are not original or discussing a specific facet will be locked.

We’ve already had to merge several.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Go Hawks.

themunn

Reaction score
It's my birthday today, having turned 35 9 hours ago (currently located in Spain), with midnight striking around the beginning of the 2nd half of 9ur game.

So thank you Seattle and Detroit for the wi derful birthday presents

Scout

Reaction score
Congrats to the Seahawks organization for putting together a storybook season and building for the future.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What
A
Day

After leaving the stadium and rushing home, watching that performance by Detroit was epic. That team was all in 100 percent.
Then, the 4th down conversion, game over. I ran upstairs "honey, we're in the playoffs!" She's like "I know, I heard ya"
I get the feeling I may have woken her up :)

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I'm going to jinx the 49ers. Seattle seahawks made the playoffs but won't win against the great 49ers team with McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Kittle and Purdy. 49ers all the way to the Superbowl!

Unfortunately, Murphy's Law is recursive, so you can't, for example, make it rain in a drought by washing your car.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Congrats to the Seahawks organization for putting together a storybook season and building for the future.
You know it actually is IMO.

Sure We needed help and probably won’t win a playoff game but I certainly didn’t expect this, this season.

“Storybook” works for me.

GemCity

Reaction score
What
A
Day

After leaving the stadium and rushing home, watching that performance by Detroit was epic. That team was all in 100 percent.
Then, the 4th down conversion, game over. I ran upstairs "honey, we're in the playoffs!" She's like "I know, I heard ya"
I get the feeling I may have woken her up :)
I turned the Detroit game on and at the very moment the picture came on to the screen, Detroit was in the lead but had coughed up a long, uncontested pass.

I felt like I jinxed them and immediately shut it off.

I then checked the scores at 2 AM (we’re in Ohio), text my son (10 year old die-hard Hawks fan) and got so excited that I woke the dogs up who then woke the family up….

My 10 year old got up and I told him to go back to bed but, little dude checked his phone prior to going back to sleep.

He came back out jumping and shouting.

My wife’s a bit salty today 😝.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
As confident as I was that they'd do waaayyy better than all the naysayers' early predictions of Pete falling flat on his butt without Wilson running the Offense, but if I'm being honest here, I expected that the Seahawks would win this last game against the Rams, I had almost ZERO confidence that the Lions would be beating the Packers to put us into the playoffs.
Win, lose or draw in the upcoming playoff game against the Whiners, Pete Carroll SHOULD get 'Comeback Coach of the Year' for pulling this season out of the projected trash-heap, yes? no?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey, it's a legit thought. I didn't think GB would lose regardless what time that game was. Also, Detroit only won 3 times since 93 before last night.
I was in the move on from Pete group. But absolutely not. He did his best coaching job yet imo.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Well the old chip is back on the shoulder of our under dog Seahawks. I predicted we would end up about the same this year as last year and yet, the magic continues, miraculously we are headed to the playoffs.

in the past, I loved these under dog games. Revenge is best served cold. Beast Quake against the Saints is still my all time favorite. Smoking the Broncos put a statement on our first SB and Sherm's tip and Kearse's TD are all up there.

I hate to admit this but at this point I'm more familiar with some of SF's players than our own. The trade for Christian McCaffrey is still unbelievable. I'm hoping our hallmark for this year is getting the better end of trades.

The only way this could have gone better is if we hadn't been cheated out of the third pick but c'est la vie. It will be interesting to see who is taken or still available at 3 and follow their career. I think the odds of drafting a 1st round QB are gone but I had serious doubts JS/PC would have taken one anyway knowing them.

I sure hope they pull off the upset, I really can't stand arrogant 49er fans and their rusty old rings.

xray

Reaction score
The good news...in the playoffs ! The bad news...a playoff road game @ SF . I don't expect any miracles with this game . GO HAWKS !