Players with Practice Squad eligibility (UPDATED 9/7)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seattle's players getting claimed by other teams like crazy...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/640570428633690112[/tweet]

dino26

Reaction score
anonFAFA":ys612eg7 said:
I'm not understanding why some think Chris Matthews is such a lock to make the roster. I saw nothing during preseason that made him standout and if you believe the reports/what Bevell said, he's not that impressive during practice either.

I know what you mean I rather of seen Kasen Williams than Chris Matthews but maybe he looked good in the SB but in preseason he looked non existent.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
UPDATE: McGill, Martin, Obum, and Lambert have been acquired by other teams.

That leaves Kevin Smith, Kasen Williams, Eric Pinkins, Douglas McNeil, Rod Smith, Terry Poole, Tyrell Adams, Ryan Murphy, Alex Singleton, Rashaun Allen, Julius Warmsley, and Will Pericak.

They apparently added someone named Justin Coleman, as well. Got to trim that list down.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3vkplj48 said:
two dog":3vkplj48 said:
I would really like to see the NFL allow teams to move say, four players
directly to the practice squad where those four players would be poach
proof by other teams.

But I guess that would be depriving those four of the opportunity to make
a better living by being poached onto a 53 man roster.
There, I killed my own idea.

Are players on the practice squad "poach proof?" I had thought they could be signed from another team by our practice squad as long as they were signed directly to a 53-man roster.

Am I wrong? (Probably so... but would love clarification, either way).
I think you are correct. If a guy gets taken from your practice squad he has to stay on that teams 53 man roster or be cut.
Mattering on your needs, depth, and versatility of players you can still stash players by having them on your 53 but never be active on game day, it's probably not very common though.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
dino26":2mxghjtj said:
anonFAFA":2mxghjtj said:
I'm not understanding why some think Chris Matthews is such a lock to make the roster. I saw nothing during preseason that made him standout and if you believe the reports/what Bevell said, he's not that impressive during practice either.

I know what you mean I rather of seen Kasen Williams than Chris Matthews but maybe he looked good in the SB but in preseason he looked non existent.

I mentioned this in another thread and pretty much got destroyed. :lol: I love the dude's measurables too, but I need to actually see him using them to consistently impact the game. Hopefully he will.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
FIRST PRACTICE SQUAD (10): TE RaShaun Allen, C Will Pericak, LB Eric Pinkins, T Terry Poole, WR Kevin Smith, RB Rod Smith, WR Kasen Williams, CB Justin Coleman, CB Kevin Short, and DE Robert Thomas.

WR/CB Douglas McNeil, OLB Tyrell Adams, FS Ryan Murphy, MLB Alex Singleton, and DT Julius Warmsley are currently PS eligible and unsigned.

HawkerD

Reaction score
UGotHawked":2lgk61op said:
dino26":2lgk61op said:
anonFAFA":2lgk61op said:

I mentioned this in another thread and pretty much got destroyed. :lol: I love the dude's measurables too, but I need to actually see him using them to consistently impact the game. Hopefully he will.

You get destroyed because it shows the utter lack of respect for the guys making the decisions. Matthews is some what of a seasoned pro with CFL and NFL real game experience (nevermind doing it on the biggest sports stage in the world). Thats worth something to PC and JS (and to most coaches in the league). You just don't compare how they did in the preseason. You have to consider what they've actually done on an NFL field. Matthews almost a super bowl MVP, KW=zero. KW might replace CM one day but that day isn't today.

Latest posts