Playcalling after DK out.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Was it just me - or did the playcalling change after DK went out.

SEEMS like we went back to more 3 TE sets after he went down.

Not sure what this means, other than DK's been chirping in Geno's ear for a few weeks - and Geno has looked a bit like he's holding on a couple ticks too long for a few plays lately.

Probably nothing - but I noticed it. AND, I could be hallucinating. Alcohol level was 'moderate' at the time ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on man. Just STOP with the conspiracy crap. It's next man up, and Goodwin stepped it up. NOTHING more than that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Not sure what this means, other than DK's been chirping in Geno's ear for a few weeks - and Geno has looked a bit like he's holding on a couple ticks too long for a few plays lately.

Probably nothing - but I noticed it. AND, I could be hallucinating. Alcohol level was 'moderate' at the time ;)

I think they did go to more 3TE stuff, but it's been a staple all year. Makes sense to lean on it more when your WR group is weakened.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Come on man. Just STOP with the conspiracy crap. It's next man up, and Goodwin stepped it up. NOTHING more than that.
Conspiracy crap? Huh?

Okay - obviously posting too early here.

Gonna take a break for a while.... I know my tinfoil hat is around here somewhere.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Love the 3 TE sets. And fant is the only one who isn’t that great at blocking. But I think he will come around. The blocking all around has gotten much better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

It's not this nefarious.

DK on the field assures the safeties don't cheat down, that the defense doesn't stack the box, that the LB's no longer have to box him in in-route coverage.

So yes, you have to change your playcalling. Mark Sanchez even commented on it. More three TE looks, more short game (screens, sweeps, roll outs).

Give Geno and Waldron props, they didn't miss a beat with adjusting to the playcalling after DK left the game.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Your eyes did not deceive you.

Biggest offensive difference this year is in-game gameplan changes, and coming out with a different game plan for each opponent. Oh, and getting our starting QB back helps with all of that.

balakoth

Reaction score

Your last few main posts have been super odd dude lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you don't follow Brian Baldinger on Twitter, you should immediately. He does an amazing job at breaking down plays and players.

Relevant to this conversation about the Hawk's 3 TE sets.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think we had a lead and a great RB so we used it. We also have a great TE group.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It's not this nefarious.

DK on the field assures the safeties don't cheat down, that the defense doesn't stack the box, that the LB's no longer have to box him in in-route coverage.

So yes, you have to change your playcalling. Mark Sanchez even commented on it. More three TE looks, more short game (screens, sweeps, roll outs).

Give Geno and Waldron props, they didn't miss a beat with adjusting to the playcalling after DK left the game.
Wasn't meant to be nefarious - more like a Seinfeld-esque: "did ya ever notice?"