Play ball!

Vesuve

Reaction score
So is blind faith, and subjective ignorance...

And to be fair, I'm not negative, I'm f'ing angry!

I haven't said negative things on the mariners for months, I let you fan boys have the floor, but if you're going to shame those of us who are dissatisfied with ownership and the off-season then here I am. This team is a pu**y attempt at putting a championship team together. In a sport with no salary cap, yet ownership won't spend enough to really win. Guess how many teams have never been to a world series? At some point people have to hold the team accountable for their actions (or lack there of).

I am a die-hard Seattle sports fan. I love baseball. But F this team and F the cheap AZZ owners!
I'm a Seattle sports fan all-the-way, like you.

I feel the same about the ownership as well.

A shirt worn yesterday, on Opening Day:

Attachments

• 1711765471791.png
    1711765471791.png
    904.6 KB · Views: 7

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yet Lou still couldnt win a world series in Seattle let alone get them there. Lou had 3-4 Hall of Fame players on 1 team. I have a feeling you would do the same to Lou now.
Dude Lou ran into the Yankees dynasty everyone knows the M's go back to back in 2000 and 2001 if it wasn't for the yankees. Thats not the main point though you're putting so much emphasis on the world series when really the point is (and has been for awhile) is that the M's have not built a legit line up since Lou was here. You do realize Lou won a world series as a player and coach right? The current coaching staff has literally 0 accolades. Also, I really think the ballpark has played a role, especially early in the season when it isn't summer yet. The field is huge it's a pitchers park even with the fences moved in a little. The way the wind comes in may be a factor. It's an awful park for hitting. It actually looks smaller in person than on TV but balls die on the warning track. Arizona has a huge advantage playing in their weather.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Well, Mitch Garver is injured already. Can we ever sign someone who comes in and performs as expected? Teoscar got off to a terrible start last year. For the Dodgers last night, he hit two HRs. I think we are perpetually cursed.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Garver hasn't been able to hit even 100 games in any of the past 5 years... As a matter of fact, he only averages 76 games over that time span (not including the shortened COVID year). He's proven he can't even be expected to play half the games in a season... Idk what people expected, but seems to me he's living up to exactly who he's been.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Garver hasn't been able to hit even 100 games in any of the past 5 years... As a matter of fact, he only averages 76 games over that time span (not including the shortened COVID year). He's proven he can't even be expected to play half the games in a season... Idk what people expected, but seems to me he's living up to exactly who he's been.
I was not ecstatic about this signing. He's hardly available and when he is, he's very inconsistent. They could have added a more reliable player than Garver in the offseason.

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Rhys Hoskins tearing it up in his first 2 games with MIL. There was no point in NOT signing that dude. Desperately need a first baseman.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Dude Lou ran into the Yankees dynasty everyone knows the M's go back to back in 2000 and 2001 if it wasn't for the yankees. Thats not the main point though you're putting so much emphasis on the world series when really the point is (and has been for awhile) is that the M's have not built a legit line up since Lou was here. You do realize Lou won a world series as a player and coach right? The current coaching staff has literally 0 accolades. Also, I really think the ballpark has played a role, especially early in the season when it isn't summer yet. The field is huge it's a pitchers park even with the fences moved in a little. The way the wind comes in may be a factor. It's an awful park for hitting. It actually looks smaller in person than on TV but balls die on the warning track. Arizona has a huge advantage playing in their weather.
Idc where Lou won elsewhere. He didnt win here. Zero WS titles. Zero WS appearances. He was a great manager for us but he had better players. He won 54% of the games with Seattle. Servais at 52% right now.

The ballpark is awful for hitting. They are bottom for gap shots. I am too tired to pull up the links but i agree that Tmobile is a pitchers park.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
I was not ecstatic about this signing. He's hardly available and when he is, he's very inconsistent. They could have added a more reliable player than Garver in the offseason.
Yes, less than 30 percent chance we get our money's worth here, even at $12 million. I would have preferred Jeimer Candelario at $15 million per year. At least we'd have a third baseman then.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Different players, same offensive results. It doesn't matter who wears the Ms uniform, if you're a Mariner, you strike out a lot.

Crizilla

Reaction score
It's only 4 games in but don't look at the stats. For a manager and GM to be here almost a decade and the same thing going on and on and on. It's ridiculous.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is 54%
You won't even get to 54% scoring 2 runs a game. And if you don't count extra innings, the Mariners are averaging less than 2 runs a game. After the first game, they've only managed 1 run in the first nine innings of the last 3 games.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The batting may get hot here and there, and be streaky. If so, and pitching is consistently good, we might have a pretty good team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pitching will absolutely keep this team in most games. Barring injuries of course.
That being said, this offense gives me hives.

Last edited:

Latest posts