Pick #58 Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU

hawknation2017

Reaction score
This would have felt like an excellent pick two years ago after Unger was traded. Now, it feels like we are spinning our wheels a little bit rather than actually getting better along the offensive line. If Britt gets hurt or Pocic play a lot better at RT than his lack of agility would suggest, then this pick will look genius. :2thumbs:

nash72

Reaction score
Pie Romania":3bvkrd64 said:
I think the 3rd round is where they will nudge many of the fans away from the ledge.

Hope your right. Lot of knot tying going on right now.

seabowl

Reaction score
mjwhitay":a9k20x6b said:
This place was so much better when this team sucked out loud for decades.

This fan base is gross and entitled and not worthy of a team that wins a playoff game 5 years in a row.

I hear you but it seems like we are living off the picks from 4-5 years ago. lately it seems we are just not at good with the player selections and almost try to be cute with the "look at the player we are selecting that all of you thought would go later in the draft" scenario.

I just don't feel or see the same excitement from our front office even when we make these picks compared with the past.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Lithium":362xmyle said:
there's a reason we keep drafting offensive lineman... because we cant draft offensive lineman!
It's pretty sad.

Seems like they need to just go back to the first round next year and just grab the best offensive lineman.

Well, there's always next year....smh.

They just signed the #2 OL taken in 2013. Shows you how it's no guarantee.

emurri

Reaction score
A few years? How about trying to win now when we have a talented nucleus and drafting players that will actually help? A few years. Give me a break.[/quote]

And you know these guys are not going be successful in their first year how? Give them a chance and see how it turns out. That would be to easy, however, and they are going to be busts until their not.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BobdolepintoBob/status/858141839404052480[/tweet]

nash72

Reaction score
emurri":13wpj3nb said:
And you know these guys are not going be successful in their first year how? Give them a chance and see how it turns out. That would be to easy, however, and they are going to be busts until their not.

Where do you see Ethan Pocic fitting in and being productive in his rookie season? Britt is an all pro Center. He should stay where he's at. If they move him to guard or tackle, it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center. Pocic at Guard or Tackle? He'll compete there and most likely lose. I cant see Procic having any kind of affect on this team unless Britt goes down and we chose him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. What do you see in him that excites you so much?

emurri

Reaction score
Basis4day":1zwqkg17 said:

That about sums it up. Its a good thing people don't have to have brains to be a fan.

Boycie

Reaction score
nash72":pv30bc9l said:
Awuzie just went and he's a ball hawk at the CB position. A freaking Center? This is becoming a nightmare.

Dude you've been calling for o line and you get one and now you bitch about it? What's wrong with you?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
nash72":3hs40j72 said:
emurri":3hs40j72 said:

Where do you see Ethan Pocic fitting in and being productive in his rookie season? Britt is an all pro Center. He should stay where he's at. If they move him to guard or tackle, it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center. Pocic at Guard or Tackle? He'll compete there and most likely lose. I cant see Procic having any kind of affect on this team unless Britt goes down and we chose him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. What do you see in him that excites you so much?

On what planet is Britt an All-Pro center? He wasn't even Pro Bowler. I bet you counter that he was a Pro Bowl alternate.

nash72

Reaction score
Basis4day":2rtwq3qp said:

Nobody was demanding another Center. Good try though Bob. Also funny how he mentioned fanbase. The word must be out and its not good.

nash72

Reaction score
Seanhawk":17m1t6g4 said:
On what planet is Britt an All-Pro center? He wasn't even Pro Bowler. I bet you counter that he was a Pro Bowl alternate.

Sorry for my emphasis on Britt. I meant compared to the rest of our line. He's the only competent piece we have and we just drafted a guy that plays the same position.

emurri

Reaction score
nash72":1fwokhy0 said:
emurri":1fwokhy0 said:

I think you should just give him a chance. How can a person possible know he will be a disaster or not. One minute you act like a rookie has to come in and play like an all-pro or their a bust and then the next you say " it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center" as if a rookie center could never come in and play well and that it takes time to become a proficient NFL center. What I am trying to say is we should look forward to what these guys can become and not trash them before they have even set foot in Seattle. Plus I would be willing to bet he will not be a center for us to begin with or at all.

massari

Reaction score
Was hoping for Awuzie at #58 and a trade up using #90+#111 to get a mid/late 70's pick for Tim Williams. :(

AgentDib

Reaction score
mjwhitay":1xuvzjng said:
This fan base is gross and entitled and not worthy of a team that wins a playoff game 5 years in a row.
It's a very small subset of fans here. They are just extremely loud and repetitive because you have to lack awareness in the first place in order to believe our FO is incompetent after all of our recent success.

irocdave

Reaction score
Atradees":3vvrz150 said:
Something happened to our front office since 13. Less enthused.

This draft will match last years.

Want to know what changed? Scott McCloughlan. Hawks haven't done much at all in the draft since he was asked to leave just before the 2014 draft. I'm getting the feeling the duo of Pete and John are arrogant and think it was all about them and make a point of trying to prove themselves to be so much smarter than every other GM / HC combo in the league by making a point of taking no names and making them all-pro. How many drafted hawk player drafted after the 2013 draft has been voted all-pro?
1?

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
irocdave":1jcqkaiw said:
Atradees":1jcqkaiw said:
Something happened to our front office since 13. Less enthused.

This draft will match last years.

Want to know what changed? Scott McCloughlan. Hawks haven't done much at all in the draft since he was asked to leave just before the 2014 draft. I'm getting the feeling the duo of Pete and John are arrogant and think it was all about them and make a point of trying to prove themselves to be so much smarter than every other GM / HC combo in the league by making a point of taking no names and making them all-pro. How many drafted hawk player drafted after the 2013 draft has been voted all-pro?
1?

I put way more stock in time catching up with Pete's USC scouting reports.