Pick #118 - LB Tyrice Knight

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Racked up like a billion tackles over 3 years. Good size. Averageish speed. Not great in coverage. Needs to stay more disciplined in run fits. Sounds like he could be productive if he can clean up a few issues. They all have warts at this point.

vonstout

Reaction score
Wasn’t rated all that high, so hope they get it right. Definite need position, but Trotter played a lot better teams and seems like we’re trying to outsmart people. Probably could have got him at 136. We’ll never know

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Oh I don't like this one at all

Turns like a mack truck without the size or pop to justify it. Not much athletic upside at all. He's a sure tackler but that's about it. Small school too. Over-aged.

Man. MM has earned the right to get the linebackers he wants so I'm not gonna say "they're wrong" but I ain't hyped on that one. Nothing like the Ravens LBs who all have intense speed.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I didn't watch much of his film. Hard to find tape on UTEP. So, I won't judge the pick. But I would have gone in another direction. Let's hope he works out.

Rat

Reaction score
Frustrated we missed out on Payton Wilson yesterday. I know nothing about Knight, but I hope he's ready to contribute immediately because our linebacker room is badly lacking.

Chevy

Reaction score
I'm also not a fan of this pick. It feels like a reach, to me, at a position of need. But Mike Macdonald wants to "build a wall up the middle" and Knight is very good at slipping block to get to the ball carrier. He looks more like a drag down tackler as opposed to a big hitter. May be a solid, yet unspectacular, ILB for us.