Phish (Trey) is at it again

bestfightstory

Reaction score
At The Gorge Friday Night, Trey A. from Phish performed in a #3 Wilson jersey/shirt.

As you may recall, earlier this offseason his offshoot band played in Seattle and he led a Wilson chant midsong.

Hippie bands and jam bands aren't really my thing, musically (although Phish are technically extremely proficient masters of their instruments and they are not hesitant to rock hard-unlike many if their genre's predecessors). But all in all, it is exceedingly cool to see the Seahawks mojo/vibe enter into this kind if territory. It's just fun, frankly.

There are a couple great photos out there but that's too much technology for me.

dunceface

Reaction score
haha my Masshole hippy friends posted this article immediately on my FB page (just like the last article about the chanting) and i gotta say I love it!
b42a47d6f68711e2854522000a1f9e45_7.jpg

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How weird to have a Seahawks QB that has clearly penetrated mainstream pop culture so quickly.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Even better, how fun is it to finally have a true (maybe too early, I know) franchise QB!??!!!

Basis4day

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1t9qt6z2 said:
At The Gorge Friday Night, Trey A. from Phish performed in a #3 Wilson jersey/shirt.

As you may recall, earlier this offseason his offshoot band played in Seattle and he led a Wilson chant midsong.

Hippie bands and jam bands aren't really my thing, musically (although Phish are technically extremely proficient masters of their instruments and they are not hesitant to rock hard-unlike many if their genre's predecessors). But all in all, it is exceedingly cool to see the Seahawks mojo/vibe enter into this kind if territory. It's just fun, frankly.

There are a couple great photos out there but that's too much technology for me.

For the uninitiated, Phish has a song called "Wilson" which they have performed for years. It has evolved to include audience participation involving the audience chanting "WILSON!!!" at certain parts of the song.

[youtube]-D1J7f6mvPg[/youtube]

Trey Anastasio expressed his excitement that there is finally a legitimate superstar named "Wilson" that would allow the chant to take place in a sports setting. He hopes the 12th man can help with that.

[youtube]ao9lnXTuARA[/youtube]

BocciHawk

Reaction score
They gotta get Phish to play the opener vs SF.

I enjoyed them a lot in the early years, when they played very structured songs. As they evolved into more of a jam band, while I get the musicianship, I don't enjoy the noodling. (This from a longtime Deadhead, again, not a big fan when they got too noodleful, if the jams were tight and interesting, cool, meandering and sparse, not so much.)

ExperienceJones

Reaction score
I was at the show here in seattle and the shows over at the Gorge this weekend. So awesome! Hope this happens.

Someone put this nice little video up as a peak at what it would look and sound like.

[youtube]sL5qYfoMsd0[/youtube]

Looks like I'm not sure how to embed youtube vids, sorry. Nevermind, figured it out.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Here's them covering Good Times Bad Times for the Gorge encore on Saturday. If you don't think this rocks, I don't know what to tell you.

[urltargetblank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YDTTHZ9xpkM&t=11227[/urltargetblank]

Basis4day

Reaction score
[youtube]fe6anqOEpb8[/youtube]

Here is the full concert for night 1. Wilson shirt is revealed a little after the 31 min mark. Then the song we all must embrace....

Latest posts